December Financial Report Posted

Forum to discuss business matters, commerce and the economy of the CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

December Financial Report Posted

Post by Sudane Erato »

A note to say that I have resumed preparing the monthly financial reports for the community, taking on the responsibility from Trebor, who has been preparing them since August 2011. Thank you Trebor for the hard and very thorough work!

The December report, the first month of the 18th RA, can be found on the Treasurer's page of the website, http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/cds-treasurer/ I've chosen to retain the innovation which Trebor started of tracking income and expenses by the RA/Chancellor term, which I think is a great idea. The terms run from Dec through May and then June through November.

I will immediately declare that my reports are not as educational and wide-ranging as were Trebor's. I'm providing info in the same format that I did before Trebor took on the responsibility, which are the basic, standard accounting reports... nothing special, and, unless you understand something of accounting, somewhat abstruse. Trebor had really gone the extra mile of providing explanations each month, and I just don't have the energy or will to do that. I will, however, be more than happy, even thrilled, to discuss them with any one or any group that would like to.

One addition to our financial structure which Trebor added, the CDSArchive Avatar account, I have not detailed in this December report. I'll provide that once I get back into the flow. That account, however, since it is something which we "own", does appear in the Balance Sheet.

Little by little....

Sudane...................................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: December Financial Report Posted

Post by Rosie Gray »

Thanks again for all your hard work on this Sudane.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

Looking at the bottom line - we are in the black for January, do I get that right?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Tan, yes, that's true. But a bad idea to determine a trend from 2 months :). Tier collection is very irregular owing to ability to pay several months, so we should wait a few more before feeling there is a trend. Better to add, say, the last six months net, and see if that is plus or minus.

Sudane...............

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg

Return to “Business, Commerce and the Economy”