Very proud to say...

Forum to discuss business matters, commerce and the economy of the CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Very proud to say...

Post by Sudane Erato »

I'm really very proud to say that all but 2 years and 4 months of CDS financial statements are now available on the CDS Treasurer's page on our website: http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/cds-treasurer/

You'll find there the very first statement, which is composed only of the Linden Lab statement for Rudeen's account, for April 2005. It was that month that we bought our first sim, then called Neualtenberg. By the next month, May, I had gotten the books set up, so you'll see a balance sheet and an income statement for May. I've gotten through August 2005 done so far, and then the record skips to 2008, from which the reports are complete up until today. The missing reports are just a matter of my assembling the elements... at that time I had no way to make the nice PDF reports that we are doing now. So I'm finding and assembling the various pages as I go along. It'll only be another month or so and I'll have everything there.

It's really quite extraordinary to look back at almost 7 years of history. Granted, most people will glass over when confronted with a financial report, and it will mean nothing to them. But our finances contain a huge amount of our history. For example, you can see the month each sim was acquired, whether is was bought from Linden Lab or from a third party, and what month we changed the name from Neualtenburg to Neufreistadt. Between these books and a record of the proceedings and decisions of the RA (which, granted, is a MUCH more difficult thing to collect), we really are a completely unique institution in virtual worlds. Thank you, every citizen current and past, for making this happen!

Please don't hesitate to download the reports, study them, and ask away any questions you might have.

Sudane.....................................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Very proud to say...

Post by Rosie Gray »

That's wonderful Sudane! Perhaps someday in the annuls of the real world's history, these documents will be looked back on as recording the foundations of something we can't even visualize now.

Last edited by Rosie Gray on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
FernLeissa
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by FernLeissa »

Thank you Sudane. This is really awesome. I'm not one of those happy readers of financial statements but you're right that this is window into an amazing virtual history. And thank you for all the work you've done on behalf of this crazy, cloud community.

Fern

FernLeissa
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Sudane,

Great work. This is excellent information that we can use to put current and future budgets in perspective.

Thank you

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

This is a great resource. Thank you for doing all this work.

Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Shep »

Sudane .. well done and thanks from me ... it must have been a labour of love :)

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..

Return to “Business, Commerce and the Economy”