CDS Commerce Coordinator wants to know....

Forum to discuss business matters, commerce and the economy of the CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

Keila Forager
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

CDS Commerce Coordinator wants to know....

Post by Keila Forager »

As many of you already are aware, I was appointed to the Commerce Coordinator position. Walking around the sims, there is a lot we can do to promote our businesses. I'd like everyone, especially business owners to please complete the survey attached. I'd like to have them all returned to me by Jan 31st so I can compile the data. You can also find the survey in notices in the CDS group
Thanks Keila

CDS Commerce Survey-Please complete and return to Keila Forager by Jan 31st.
DEFINITION= (Business / Commerce) the activity embracing all
forms of the purchase and sale of goods and services.

1. Do you have a business in CDS?
a. Would you like to have a business in CDS?
b. Do you have a business outside of CDS?

2. Name of business.

3. Location(slurl).

4. Is there a direct tp to your location?

5. Description of business:

6. Is this a main store location or satelite location?

7. Are the items in your store your own creations or are you a reseller store?

8. What type of marketing/advertising do you have for your business?

9. What kind of traffic/sales does your business have in CDS? ( daily, weekly, monthly, less than monthly, none, be specific as you can)

10. How important is having your business in CDS?

11. Would you be willing to participate in CDS fairs, markets, festivals, sim gridwide hunts, sales, etc.

12. What ideas do you have to increase commerce/business traffic and /or general traffic to CDS?

13. Any additional comments?

Soro Dagostino
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Re: CDS Commerce Coordinator wants to know....

Post by Soro Dagostino »

My comments follow . . . some are wishful.

1. Do you have a business in CDS? I think so.
a. Would you like to have ^ some business in CDS?
b. Do you have a business outside of CDS? Yes -- in RL

2. Name of business. SL -- Soro Dagostino Mediation

3. Location(slurl). CN

4. Is there a direct tp to your location? Hmmmm, no, when there is no tp in CN that takes you anyplace but Arria's basement.

5. Description of business: Law and Mediation

6. Is this a main store location or satelite location? Only SL location

7. Are the items in your store your own creations or are you a reseller store? Right out of my brain :)

8. What type of marketing/advertising do you have for your business? Some flowering trees

9. What kind of traffic/sales does your business have in CDS? ( daily, weekly, monthly, less than monthly, none, be specific as you can) -0-

10. How important is having your business in CDS? I wish I knew

11. Would you be willing to participate in CDS fairs, markets, festivals, sim gridwide hunts, sales, etc. Depends on time --- I "don't work well with others" -- before SLT 0600 -- happens when one is on the US Left Coast

12. What ideas do you have to increase commerce/business traffic and /or general traffic to CDS? Some places in CN to gather and meet your friends.

13. Any additional comments? Our good friend Keila is doing a great job.

Soro Dagostino

Bottle Washer
CDS SC
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Arria Perreault »

1. Do you have a business in CDS? I am selling some stuffs for the Monastery. It's not a real commerce, but sales for a non-profit org
a. Would you like to have a business in CDS?
b. Do you have a business outside of CDS?

2. Name of business.
Monastery
3. Location(slurl).
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Monastery/189/125/99
4. Is there a direct tp to your location?
yes
5. Description of business:
sales for a non-profit org
6. Is this a main store location or satelite location?
Main store
7. Are the items in your store your own creations or are you a reseller store?
I sell my own creations, but if someone give something for sale in profit of the Monastery, I am happy
8. What type of marketing/advertising do you have for your business?
Group, Facebook, Twitter, Blog, booths at events, special animations (Advent Calendar, Treasure Hunts, Contests)
9. What kind of traffic/sales does your business have in CDS? ( daily, weekly, monthly, less than monthly, none, be specific as you can)
The Advent Calendar got almost 1000 unique visitors
10. How important is having your business in CDS?
It is hard to estimate
11. Would you be willing to participate in CDS fairs, markets, festivals, sim gridwide hunts, sales, etc.
yes
12. What ideas do you have to increase commerce/business traffic and /or general traffic to CDS?
Events, special animations like contests, treasure hunts, etc., communication through different channels, especially Web (I meet visitors in the Monastery who say that they come because they have read about it in the Web)
13. Any additional comments?
The CDS should provide support to people who have a commerce or a special place, especially for the communication and the organization of events.
We should also try to attract more designers in our community and help them to start their business by providing good conditions.
We should also have plots to rent. I think that merchants prefers rent a place than buy it. We already have some places dedicated to commerce (NFS Platz, Forum, Harbour area in LA. It's better to have shops in the same area.This measure has to be decided by the RA, as it has consequences on our laws.
We should also hear the needs of the current merchants and help them to develop their projects.

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

1. Do you have a business in CDS?
No, not in CDS.
a. Would you like to have a business in CDS? Not at the moment, but am open to having one.
b. Do you have a business outside of CDS? Yes

2. Name of business. Tor's Kalnins Shoes

3. Location(slurl). Ischia http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/I ... 193/163/24

4. Is there a direct tp to your location? yes

5. Description of business: Reseller shop

6. Is this a main store location or satelite location? I would call it a satelite location.

7. Are the items in your store your own creations or are you a reseller store? reseller store

8. What type of marketing/advertising do you have for your business? Advertise in search.

9. What kind of traffic/sales does your business have in CDS? ( daily, weekly, monthly, less than monthly, none, be specific as you can) What is traffic. haha, really not much, several people visit per month.

10. How important is having your business in CDS?Um, not very. I was interested in trying.

11. Would you be willing to participate in CDS fairs, markets, festivals, sim gridwide hunts, sales, etc. Oh, well, as a reseller I really can't.

12. What ideas do you have to increase commerce/business traffic and /or general traffic to CDS? Advertising, being out in the greater SL world, involving CDS in Relay for Life if possible. Stressing our democratic nature and themes. Renting would be a good idea and has been floated, but this would probably require changes in covenants or CDS becoming a landlord to people. This is a good topic for the guild if there is any expansion. If we ever have a sandbox, shops are common feature at most. A sandbox open to the public would add traffic to the sims. Some of those might be interested in a shop around the sandbox. One suggestion was a sandbox in a an alpine clearcut. We could have a woodland lumberjack village nearby to offer a place for shops or music. Also, additional levels perhaps with extra permissions could be granted to citizens or developers. I know of one talented person in CDS who goes elsewhere to develop/build. I am sure many would have great suggestions.

13. Any additional comments? Thanks for the survey-- great idea. One problem we have in NFS is that fachwerke are allowed to be vacant. Gives the impression that nothing is going on or the property is abandoned. Perhaps covenants could reflect the need to keep up the feeling of activity. A applaud the RA for taking up he matter of covenants.

Citizen
Keila Forager
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Keila Forager »

Thanks to the 10 citizens who returned my survey. For the rest of you, please post here or return the survey to me in world.
Thanks
Keila

Return to “Business, Commerce and the Economy”