Transcript - 20 October 2020 RA Meeting

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Transcript - 20 October 2020 RA Meeting

Post by Lyubov »

[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Welcome to today's RA meeting. I now call this meeting to order.
[12:02] Rosie Gray: I only see Almut's head
[12:02] Rosie GrayRosie Gray laughs
[12:02] Brooke Brandenburg: hehe
[12:02] Tanoujin Milestone: I volunteer to take the transcript
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: The first item on today's agenda is 1.1 Review and approve the agenda, https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9624
[12:02] Laura Azalee: because Almut's is non-mesh Rosie
[12:02] Almut Brunswick: it is stubborn enough to be always visible, Rosie
[12:02] Rosie Gray: yep
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: I motion to approve the agenda as posted.
[12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke.
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to approve the agenda as posted.
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[12:03] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:03] Rosie Gray: hi Calli
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Calli :)
[12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Calli :)
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Next, 1.2 Review and approve the minutes 6-October-2020, https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9612
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: I motion to approve the minutes as posted.
[12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: hehe
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: retract
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke and Tan.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to approve the minutes as posted.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:04] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[12:04] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *2. Executive Report
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Chancellor Rosie, would you like to present a report please?
[12:05] Rosie Gray: yes, thank you
[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: You now have the floor.
[12:05] Rosie Gray: lately there have been a few more evictions than usual
[12:06] Rosie Gray: for nonpayment of tier, or simply for leaving the tierbox but not abandoning the land
[12:06] Rosie Gray: I do think that some people are feeling the financial pinch in a way we haven't seen before
[12:07] Rosie Gray: and I'm having to send out delinquent tierpayer notecards quite a bit, often to the same repeating people
[12:07] Rosie Gray: other than that
[12:08] Rosie Gray: I've given the go-ahead to Delia to improve the MOnastery shoreline, as per her proposal on the forum
[12:08] Rosie Gray: and have had a preliminary look at Almut's sluice work, but it's not finished yet
[12:08] Rosie Gray: and lastly, we will have our Halloween Party on Oct. 31
[12:09] Rosie Gray: as 1 pm, and Qt will dj for us
[12:09] Rosie Gray: the theme is 'mad scientist' ㋡
[12:09] Rosie Gray: I have yet to put together some PR for it
[12:09] Rosie Gray: think that's it!
[12:09] Rosie Gray: any questions?
[12:09] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Chancellor.
[12:10] Lyubov Atheria: I have two questions, but I would like to invite any others first please. Are there any questions?
[12:10] Brooke Brandenburg: I have none
[12:10] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke.
[12:10] Laura Azalee: me neither
[12:10] Lyubov Atheria: Chancellor, could you tell us about the most recent Financial Report, as cposted on 11 October at https://cdsdemocracy.org/wp-content/upl ... 202009.pdf please?
[12:10] Rosie Gray: ummm
[12:11] Rosie Gray: I don't know what I can tell you
[12:11] Rosie Gray: do you have a specific question?
[12:11] Lyubov Atheria: Could you summarize our financial position? You said there have been increased evictions. This must be having an affect.
[12:12] Rosie Gray: we won't see it on that financial statement
[12:12] Rosie Gray: in fact, it's so complex that I am not sure how you specifically see it
[12:12] Rosie Gray: I'm not an accountant so I can't really follow that very well
[12:12] Lyubov Atheria: Oh, I would expect to see a decrease of revenues and a resulting impact on each region.
[12:12] Rosie Gray: I work with the budget for the session
[12:13] Laura Azalee: hello guillaume
[12:13] Rosie Gray: hi Guill
[12:13] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Gaius
[12:13] Lyubov Atheria: Ok, thank you Chancellor, I will take time to review the report on my own.
[12:13] Guillaume Mistwalker: Sorry...!
[12:13] Rosie Gray: yes, of course we might and probably will see that Lyubov, but it's only a guess
[12:14] Lyubov Atheria: Secondly, regarding the Shores of Monastery Lake, as posted to https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... 918#p49918 by Delia on 5 October.
[12:14] Lyubov Atheria: I just noticed before I logged in, that you gave approval to Delia to move forward.
[12:14] Rosie GrayRosie Gray nods
[12:14] Lyubov Atheria: As I recall, and perhaps the LUC Chair, since she is here, can correct me...
[12:15] Lyubov Atheria: This project came up in discussion during a LUC meeting as an additional but complimentary project to the Sluice project.
[12:16] Lyubov Atheria: As I understood, we agreed that this project would require RA approval. Our last meeting was on 6 October, shortly after Delia's post, where we briefly mentioned this project.
[12:16] Rosie Gray: no, it doesn't require RA approval
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: I don't see why the RA would Not approve this project today, but as a matter of process, the RA should approve.
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: This is by any definition a "permanent" and "major" work.
[12:17] Rosie Gray: it requires the posting of the proposal on the forum for 10 days for comments
[12:17] Rosie Gray: and it requires the Chancellor's approval, if there are no objections
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: As an item that was presented through the LUC, the RA maintains oversight.
[12:17] Rosie Gray: there's no requirement for the RA to approve it, but hopefully it would
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: c
[12:18] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:18] Lyubov Atheria: If this were the case, then there is no need for the RA to consider the LA project presented by Sudane, which is also on our agenda for today.
[12:18] Lyubov Atheria: Done. Please, Tan then Almut.
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: for the sake of smoothness lets not go deeper into the discussion of what the laws and regulations are exactly at the moment regarding the question of mandatory approvement by the RA. We all now there has been some flux. THe Chancellor offered us the opportunity to approve it, and the LRA sees no objection to act accordingly. So I would like to move to approve that change now and return to that deeper questions at a better pouint in time
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: r
[12:21] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Tan, and I would Second your motion.
[12:21] Lyubov Atheria: Almut, you have a comment too please?
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you
[12:22] Almut Brunswick: From a pragmatic point of view, I also read Delia#s announcement and since she is the LUC Pro-Tempore and had misse th epast meetings, I met her on site and I showed her my intrmediate project state
[12:22] Almut Brunswick: Aim was and is to coordinate our activities in that area
[12:23] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut.
[12:23] Almut Brunswick: Done
[12:23] Almut Brunswick: r
[12:23] Rosie Gray: as a side note, I did go over that with her too
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: nice to hear Almut , thank you very much
[12:23] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, to approve the Shores of Monastery Lake project, as posted to https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9611
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:24] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[12:24] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[12:24] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you once again Chancellor for your report.
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: The next agenda item is *3. Land Use Commission Report
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: Brooke, would you like to present your report now please?
[12:25] Brooke Brandenburg: Yes. Thank you.
[12:25] Brooke Brandenburg: The report covers the 10-18 LUC meeting.
[12:25] Brooke Brandenburg: Old business:

A. The missing pathway/sluice update at Monastery Lake is still underway with textures for the sluice now added. A season-change HUD is required to allow EMs to perform that function.
[12:25] Rosie Gray: c
[12:26] Brooke Brandenburg: shall I pause?
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: No, please continue Brooke, we will return to comments and questions once you finish your initial summary.
[12:26] Brooke Brandenburg: B. Sudane prepared a proposal for the SW corner of Locus Amoenus which was reported at the last meeting.
[12:27] Brooke Brandenburg: Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nss ... sp=sharing
[12:27] Brooke Brandenburg: She will use the 'Simay Design - Old Italian Village' houses for the newly restructured parcels and create a more organic coastline there, as seen in the depiction. The objective here is to at least use these buildings temporarily, while returning the parcels to rentable status as quickly as possible.
[12:27] Brooke Brandenburg: See the houses:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SI ... ge/4859151
[12:28] Brooke Brandenburg: New Business:
[12:28] Brooke Brandenburg: Sudane has samples in the NFS valley for the road/path project. The Skye Enchanted Path seems suitable, but lacks a season-change option, so far.
[12:28] Brooke Brandenburg: Miscellaneous:
[12:29] Brooke Brandenburg: Mizou undertook an excursion to Ville de Coeur with the intention of examining their architecture, landscape and event activities in order to see what makes for a successful set of sims with active participation by its residents. She was not impressed, overall, but did note that they hold many events that draw crowds. She pointed out that they have the water sims which we lack. So some navigation is possible there.
[12:29] Guillaume MistwalkerGuillaume Mistwalker nods.
[12:29] Brooke Brandenburg: Next LUC meeting: Sunday, November 8, 12 PM SLT
[12:29] Brooke Brandenburg: Done.
[12:29] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke. Rosie has a comment first, then Almut.
[12:30] Rosie Gray: thank you
[12:31] Rosie Gray: to this point: A. The missing pathway/sluice update at Monastery Lake is still underway with textures for the sluice now added. A season-change HUD is required to allow EMs to perform that function.
[12:31] Rosie Gray: it's not quite what was decided... we talked about a season-changing HUD being desirable, but not actually a requirement
[12:32] Brooke Brandenburg: Just used Mizou's minutes :)
[12:32] Brooke Brandenburg: and my recollection
[12:32] Rosie Gray: what was really being talked about for a HUD was for the proposed eventual roads replacement
[12:32] Rosie Gray: yes, understood Brooke ㋡
[12:33] Rosie Gray: I just wanted to clarify that because it looks like there was some kind of concensus that a HUD was absolutely necessary for the sluice, but that's not the case
[12:33] Rosie Gray: done
[12:33] Almut Brunswick: I stay with that point A
[12:33] Lyubov Atheria: Almut please?
[12:34] Almut Brunswick: Initially I must say that this particular meeting was causing multiple misconceptions, so some confusion was the consequence
[12:35] Almut Brunswick: Referring to the old sluice, I must say that when there is a season chaning HUD usual for the main roads and this is a walkway to a parcel, it would be of course nice to have a means to change the seaons there, too
[12:35] Almut Brunswick: The mesh has been implemented accordingly
[12:36] Almut Brunswick: I was not sure if there is *the* obligatory HUD system introduced in the CDS
[12:36] Almut Brunswick: but as it seems, there are proprietary systems used, e.g. Botanical
[12:37] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut. These technical discussions about a HUD are better suited for the LUC, and I would suggest that the LUC use the Forums to discuss and clarify, especially because the meeting seems to have created some confusion.
[12:37] Almut Brunswick: Anyway...I don't want to bore you with technical details here, but it is still intended to make a HUD or a menu for the Landverwaltung group for changing the seaons there, too
[12:38] Lyubov Atheria: For the purpose of this RA discussion, I thank Brooke for her report of the status of LUC work, and for Rosie and Almut's clarifications.
[12:38] Brooke Brandenburg: c
[12:38] Almut Brunswick: Referring to B. Sudane's concept. I agreed in proposing it to the RA despite my objections about the use of these prefab houses
[12:38] Laura Azalee: c
[12:39] Almut Brunswick: when they are just for temporary use to bring the plot quickly to the market, it might be ok. But in the longer run, I would prefer to have our own builds there.
[12:39] Almut Brunswick: Done.
[12:39] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut, we will discuss Sudane's proposal later in today's meeting.
[12:39] Almut Brunswick: r
[12:39] Lyubov Atheria: Brooke has a comment, then Laura.
[12:39] Lyubov Atheria: Brooke?
[12:39] Brooke Brandenburg: I would like to encourage everyone to read the full transcript of that LUC meeting.
[12:40] Brooke Brandenburg: Thanks. Done.
[12:40] Rosie Gray: hear, hear
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke, a good suggestion.
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: Laura?
[12:40] Laura Azalee: actually I have three comments...
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: 3 for 1, no extra fee :D
[12:40] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[12:41] Laura Azalee: 1. about the houses - I dont think it's a good idea to spend that much money - they are extremely expensive - and for temporary use? definitely not a good idea.
[12:41] Rosie Gray: c
[12:41] Laura Azalee: 2. quoting: The Skye Enchanted Path seems suitable, but lacks a season-change option, so far. - that is not really a problem as, being a mediterranean sim, you dont have snow in winter
[12:42] Almut Brunswick: Ha, good point! :D
[12:42] Rosie Gray: Monastery is not mediterranean though
[12:42] Almut Brunswick: I now, it is a transition area
[12:42] Almut Brunswick: know*
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: Please, let's allow Laura to complete her comments and use the queue for your turn.
[12:43] Laura Azalee: 3. about Ville de Coeur and the like: I dont think events attract new residents - they may attract visitors, if the performer is popular, but look at our events - we are mostly the same people going... maybe the waterways are more intereting for potential residents, Idk.
[12:43] Laura Azalee: done
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura.
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, you have a comment?
[12:44] Rosie Gray: yes
[12:44] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:44] Rosie Gray: just to say that you don't have to worry about the expense of the Simay Italian Village sets, as Sudane has not asked for funds out of the CDS coffers for it.
[12:44] Rosie Gray: that would be privately funded
[12:45] Rosie Gray: done
[12:45] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie. Correct, Sudane already owns the Simay sets, there is no expense to CDS.
[12:46] Lyubov Atheria: I would also like to add, that regarding the roads, the LUC is not making any recommendation at this time. They *Really* prefer the New Skye roads, which does Not have a season change option yet.
[12:46] Laura Azalee: ah she has them?
[12:46] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, Sudane already has the Simay sets in her inventory :)
[12:46] Tanoujin Milestone: brb, the dog has a natural urge
[12:46] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[12:46] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:46] Laura Azalee: better not make him wait...
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Lastly, regarding VdC: the intention was not for a "model" for CDS, but it was a "top of mind" example of an active and growing community, and the intention was: let's explore other successful and growing communities, and see what we can learn from them, what we can do better.
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Almut, your turn now please for a comment.
[12:48] Almut Brunswick: (sorry for my interruptions) I think however the final implementation of the smaller and affordable plots will look like - we need a good marketing and nonetheless some more survey what could attract new citizens more than right now. This is not the business of the LUC, but in return it would influence the way how we should proceed with the building measures. Done.
[12:48] Almut Brunswick: r
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, please, let's try to maintain order especially when we have several speakers with lengthy statements.
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut, again, we will return to the LA project later today.
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, a comment?
[12:49] Rosie Gray: me? I already made my comment thanks
[12:49] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you once again Brooke for your report, and for everyone's thoughtful comments.
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: Next *4. Citizen Concerns
[12:50] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:50] Lyubov Atheria: Would any Citizen like to share something at this time?
[12:50] Almut Brunswick: (me again...)
[12:50] Lyubov Atheria: Almut?
[12:50] Almut Brunswick: I would like to know about the fate of the LUC Act reform and the related laws
[12:51] Almut Brunswick: the discussion came to a certain standstill, as I recognized with sorrow.
[12:51] Almut Brunswick: done.
[12:51] Lyubov Atheria: As the transcript and minutes from the last RA meeting on 6 October show, this discussion has been tabled.
[12:51] Almut Brunswick: r
[12:51] Tanoujin Milestone: back
[12:51] Brooke Brandenburg: wb
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any additional Citizen concerns?
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none, thank you.
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *5. RA member concerns
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: Would any RA member like to share something at this time?
[12:52] Laura Azalee: not me
[12:52] Guillaume Mistwalker: Nope.
[12:52] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[12:52] Brooke Brandenburg: all good here
[12:53] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, please Tan?
[12:53] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you. I share Almut's concern about the luc act, the civil servant's act and the transparent region development act
[12:54] Tanoujin Milestone: I have a roadmap for that, but I am awfully slow because of RL
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: but I grant you, if I make it back in the RA, I will take care to continue this work and make sure new proposals are brought on the way to adressthis issues
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:55] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Tan! It is an important and challenging project.
[12:55] Lyubov Atheria: I would like to bring to everyone's attention please:
Kayly Iali, CDS Artist featured in Second Life Newser, https://slnewserpeople.blogspot.com/202 ... rtist.html
[12:55] Lyubov Atheria: It's a great article written by Bixyl and I learned a bit about Kayly and her art in SL.
[12:56] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any final RA member concerns?
[12:56] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none, thank you.
[12:56] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *6. Old Business
[12:57] Lyubov Atheria: At our last meeting, we discussed updating the General Covenant, with respect to non-natural parcel sounds and greeters.
[12:57] Lyubov Atheria: A forum post was made, See https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9614
[12:58] Lyubov Atheria: From the forum discussion, there appears to be general agreement to restrict non-natural sounds to the parcel itself, and also to restrict greeters to the parcel.
[12:58] Lyubov Atheria: I do not see a consensus to restrict ALL sounds.
[12:59] Lyubov Atheria: I also do not see an interest in adding a clause about "enforcement", allowing the Chancellor's discretion.
[12:59] Lyubov Atheria: The suggested language that appears to be agreeable is:
[12:59] Lyubov Atheria: "All non-natural, non-environmental sounds must be restricted to the parcel boundaries.” and “All greeter scripts must be restricted to the parcel boundaries.”.
[13:00] Lyubov Atheria: More specifically:
[13:00] Lyubov Atheria: In the spirit of the least restrictive policy, I propose the following text to be added under General Rules:
All non-natural, non-environmental sounds must be restricted to the parcel boundaries.
I also propose the following to be added under Scripts and Particles:
All greeter scripts must be restricted to the parcel boundaries.
[13:00] Guillaume Mistwalker: Is that a motion?
[13:00] Lyubov Atheria: I motion that these two items be added to the General Covenant, as posted in https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?p=49883#p49883
[13:01] Guillaume Mistwalker: second
[13:01] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Gaius.
[13:01] Lyubov Atheria: Does anyone have any comments or questions about this motion before we proceed to a vote?
[13:01] Brooke Brandenburg: none
[13:01] Guillaume Mistwalker: None here.
[13:02] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you. Laura? You had some concerns last time.
[13:02] Laura Azalee: I still do
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: Laura? Minimal consensus?
[13:02] Laura Azalee: but of course I agree on restricting those - i only would like to restrict more
[13:03] Lyubov Atheria: We will take this first step :)
[13:03] Laura Azalee: and I will keep derenderin and blocking...
[13:03] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that these two items be added to the General Covenant, as posted in https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?p=49883#p49883
[13:03] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:03] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[13:03] Guillaume Mistwalker: Aye
[13:03] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:03] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:04] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you. Chancellor, please update the Covenant for all regions to reflect this change. Gaius will update the Portal as well.
[13:04] Tanoujin MilestoneTanoujin Milestone gives Gaius a poke
[13:04] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[13:04] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *7. New Business
[13:05] Lyubov Atheria: LUC Project Recommendation, “A proposal to "redevelop" SW Locus Amoenus” https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9618
[13:05] Lyubov Atheria: This is in response to 22 September RA motion “for the LUC to be directed to create and publish a proposal by 31 October 2020 for a redevelopment project in one region of CDS with the greatest potential to have a positive impact on parcel sales and region occupancy.”
[13:05] Lyubov Atheria: We have already discussed this proposal, in part, during the LUC Report section of this meeting.
[13:06] Lyubov Atheria: The RA's intention with this request
[13:06] Lyubov Atheria: was to find a new area of focus that would make an immediate and positive impact.
[13:06] Lyubov Atheria: Sudane noticed that there is a large contiguous area in LA that is empty.
[13:07] Lyubov Atheria: This is a prime area for redevelopment.
[13:07] Lyubov Atheria: These parcels are all off of the market presently.
[13:07] Lyubov Atheria: The market value of these parcels is approximately 25k/month, so this has a measurable impact on CDS finances.
[13:08] Lyubov Atheria: Sudane has proposed, by using the Simay houses that she already owns
[13:08] Lyubov Atheria: to quickly create a new village area and bring these parcels back to market.
[13:08] Lyubov Atheria: In my discussions with Sudane, she believes this could be accomplished in one weekend of work.
[13:09] Lyubov Atheria: I think everyone agrees, that this is not an *ideal* solution to develop the area.
[13:09] Lyubov Atheria: But, it will create the initial concept, a village and related infrastructure, and the houses Do fit the Tuscan theme.
[13:10] Lyubov Atheria: Then, the area may be further developed with custom-made buildings that better reflect the CDS vision.
[13:10] Lyubov Atheria: We know, from prior experience, that it may require 6 months or more to create custom buildings. This proposal would be an immediate way to bring the parcels to market, and then continue to develop over time.
[13:11] Lyubov Atheria: I motion to approve the proposal for the LA region, as posted to https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9618
[13:11] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[13:12] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke.
[13:12] Lyubov Atheria: Would any RA member like to make a comment or question at this time before we proceed to a vote?
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: I support it. Done
[13:13] Guillaume MistwalkerGuillaume Mistwalker shakes head.
[13:13] Brooke Brandenburg: none here
[13:13] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you. Would any Citizen like to make a comment or question?
[13:13] Rosie Gray: pardon me, but RL is calling
[13:13] Rosie Gray: bye all!
[13:13] Brooke Brandenburg: bye Rosie
[13:13] Almut Brunswick: c
[13:13] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none, thank you.
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Rosie!
[13:13] Lyubov Atheria: Almut, you have a comment please?
[13:14] Almut Brunswick: Most things are said. I appreciate tha the RA brings forward the concept. But please us th etime to think about some marketing concepts, too
[13:14] Almut Brunswick: done
[13:14] Almut Brunswick: r
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut. I agree about Marketing, but this is the Chancellor's domain.
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, to approve the proposal for the LA region, as posted to https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9618
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:15] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[13:15] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:15] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:15] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *8. General Announcements
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: Events:

31 October – Halloween Party, “It’s a MAD World”, 1300 SLT
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: Elections:

21 October – Call for candidates
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: Meetings:

24 October – Government Question Time, 0900 SLT

1 November – Scientific Council meeting, 0900 SLT

8 November – Land Use Commission meeting, 1200 SLT
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: Would anyone like to add a General Announcement?
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none, thank you.
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: *9. Next RA Meeting

Propose: Tuesday 10 November at 1200 SLT
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: I propose 10 November...this is 3 weeks from today...
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: It will fall after the next LUC meeting on 8 November...
[13:17] Laura Azalee: good for me
[13:18] Lyubov Atheria: So we will be able to take action on any items that arise from the LUC meeting.
[13:18] Tanoujin Milestone: works
[13:18] Brooke Brandenburg: agreed
[13:18] Guillaume Mistwalker: Ok
[13:18] Lyubov Atheria: I also expect this to be the Final RA meeting for this term...
[13:18] Guillaume Mistwalker: Do you mean 10 November?
[13:18] Laura Azalee: (is secretly doing the happy dance)
[13:18] Guillaume Mistwalker: 8 November is a Sunday
[13:18] Almut Brunswick: yes
[13:18] Brooke Brandenburg: is NOT so secretly doing the happy dance!!!
[13:18] Brooke Brandenburg: woot!
[13:19] Laura Azalee: LOL Brooke
[13:19] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: The next RA takes office on 1 December...and the Oath of Office ceremony usually takes place the week before...which would fall during our usual 2 week cycle...
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: The LUC meets on Sunday 8 November.
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: I propose the RA meet on Tuesday 10 November.
[13:19] Guillaume Mistwalker: Oh, sorry!
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: As the final meeting for this term.
[13:19] Guillaume Mistwalker: Sorry ㋡ Just multitasking like normal
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: I motion that the next RA meeting be Tuesday 10 November beginning at 1200 SLT.
[13:20] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke.
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that the next RA meeting be Tuesday 10 November beginning at 1200 SLT.
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:20] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[13:20] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:20] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:20] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you the motion carries.
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: Lastly, I motion to adjourn.
[13:21] Brooke Brandenburg: can we dance now?
[13:21] Lyubov Atheria: I need a Second... :D
[13:21] Laura Azalee: LOL Brooke we will after the last one
[13:21] Brooke Brandenburg: secone
[13:21] Tanoujin Milestone: second!
[13:21] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke and Tan.
[13:21] Brooke Brandenburg: oops
[13:21] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to adjourn.
[13:21] Tanoujin Milestone: :P
[13:21] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:21] Tanoujin Milestone: Aye
[13:21] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[13:21] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:21] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:21] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, this meeting is now adjourned.

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”