Faction resignation

Moderator: SC Moderators

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Faction resignation

Post by Jamie Palisades »

In light of my proposal to amend the CDS constitution, to remove faction from the center of all governing power, I respectfully resign from SP, with gratitude to all my friends and colleagues for their support of several terms of successful self-governance. This action only occurs because I have proposed that CDS make factions optional -- and continuing to support the faction system would be inconsistent.

This is no critique of our SP colleagues. I'm very proud of what we have achieved together, for several terms, and with significant leadership help from Rose, Soro and Cindy particularly, forming a team in who CDS voters have placed their trust repeatedly. When I joined the faction, we tried to make SP an anti-faction and anti-game-playing faction ... reacting to what I then saw as a legislature with far more squabbling, rules and combat than were needed. It took a while for me to realize that those rule-centric and combat-centric behaviors, which have generated too many pogroms for a small volunteer community, were built into the system. It's the system that needs change.

I hope you will find my suggestions and proposal equally in the spirit of simple, fair, squabble-free community governance.
They're posted here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2630

More links will be posted here shortly, for further policy discussion. SP will continue to meet today at the posted times (09h30, 12h30 and 17h30 SLT), and I will attend, in case there are questions or comments with which I can be helpful. Warm regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.

Return to “The Simplicity Party”