Constitution as amended

This is where announcements from the Judiciary are posted.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Publius Crabgrass
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Constitution as amended

Post by Publius Crabgrass »

Thanks to help from Aliasi and others, I have been able to post the "Constitution as Amended" on the wiki, http://www.aliasi.us/nburgwiki/tiki-ind ... as+amended I have not added any formatting (bold, headings, etc.) yet, but intend to do so soon. Meanwhile, please let me know of any errors or omissions.

Publius Crabgrass
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Ashcroft has correctly pointed out that the Judiciary Act deleted this clause from Article III of the Constitution:

[quote="previous version":3eswak8h]Members of the Philosophic branch are not bound by a strict literal interpretation of the Bill of Rights, Founding Philosophy, Constitution, or the strict adherence to legal precedence. Rather members of the SC are required to draw upon their individual fields of expertise to solve complex social issues. [/quote:3eswak8h]

Chapter I, Section 2(c) of the Judiciary Act provide that "Article III, Section 8 before the beginning of the sentence that starts, "In regard to (sic) the Representative Branch" (Powers of the Scientific Council)" be repealed.

I have made the appropriate correction on the wiki. Please notify me of any other errors or omissions.

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

I've also shamelessly copied all of Publius' work on the site for Neufreistadt :)

Thanks for doing this, Publius. Great work, and it was definitely very needed.

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Publius Crabgrass
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Constitution for Sale

I've amended the [url=http://www.aliasi.us/nburgwiki/tiki-ind ... d:2t3f9oo5]Constitution as Amended[/url:2t3f9oo5] file on the wiki to reflect the SC's ratification of Amendment 19, which repeals much of the Judiciary Act. Gwyneth, please update the website as well.

In addition, I have now published the Constitution in book form, which is now available for sale for L$0 (i.e. free, and no political commentary should be implied by the price ) at my home at 1240 Gwyenethstrasse, due south of the Marktplatz Cafe.

Return to “Judiciary Announcements”