Proposed Publicity Campaign

For planning and discussing issues related to Colonia Nova, Neufreistadt's second sim under the Confederation of the Democratic Simulators.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Proposed Publicity Campaign

Post by Brian Livingston »

Below are a few notes I have made over the past day or so of potential sources for publicity and getting the word out about CN. I have also added a proposed publicity campaign based off of the sources I have located, including costs. If anyone knwos of other sources of advertising that I am missing or publications that we should know about, please give me a heads up! Also, if you have any thoughts, as awalys, definitly toss them in, as this is just a relatively quick brainstorm.

Advertising Sources
Free Publicity

SL History Wiki Distribution: Online, at http://history.secondserver.net/index.php/Main_Page
Allows the CDS to document the development and history of CN as it unfolds.
Should not read as an advertisement, as it is not an ad, but rather an unbiased article.
Press Releases - Distributed to inworld news portals.

SL Web Forums
Make postings to appropriate web forums on LL and resident sites. No spamming general forums, but target land forums.

In World Events
Gladiator Fights
Chariot Races
Caesar Readings
Guided Tours

Paid Advertising

Metaverse Messenger Distribution: Approximately 40,000/month, Online
Discounts: 15% when 4 weeks are purchased
Gathered from: http://www.metaversemessenger.com/advertising/index.htm
L$6600 – Full page, 1 week
L$5000 – Front Page Underline, 1 week
L$22440 – Full Page, 4 weeks
L$17000 – Underline, 4 weeks

Snapzilla Distribution: Approx 15,000 views over 2 weeks on medium rotation
Discounts: Special Packages available
Gathered from: http://www.sluniverse.com/advertising/
L$1000, L$2500, L$4000 – Top Banner, 2 weeks,
Low, Medium, & High Rotation
L$500, L$1500, L$2500 – Side Banner, 2 weeks,
Low, Medium, & High Rotation
L$3500 – Top & Side Banner, 2 weeks, Medium Rotation

SL Business Magazine Distribution: Unknown, Monthly, Inworld and Online
Discounts: None
Gathered from: http://slbusinessmag.com/edition/viewtopic.php?t=2
L$2950 – Full Page, Monthly
L$1500 – Half Page

[b:e8dftt2i]
Proposed Publicity Campaign[/b:e8dftt2i]
(US Prices calculated at a rate of L$274/US$1.00, market rate as of 09/27/2006)

1 week prior to opening
Snapzilla Top & Side Banner Package (4 weeks) L$7000 US$25.54
Utilize Slurl to bring interested parties to a centralized information point. Prioritize an information center first for Building WG.
SL Business Magazine (1 month) L$2950 US$10.76
Focus on business opportunities; CN has more land and opportunities for businesses to flourish than Neufreistadt due to differences in the covenant. Promote benefits of moving to the CDS (incorporation, contract enforcement, even an aesthetically pleasing environment)

Opening Week
In world Classifieds L$500
Enough to get into the search funtion, no need to try to dominate the listings with massive costs.
Referral Bonus
L$250 for each referred resident, applied to land use fees. L$250 additional bonus after 3 referrals during a 1 month period.

As Needed (At least once a week as construction gets underway, at least 1 per month prior to construction)
- Press Releases distributed to news providers, highlighting developments in the construction or progress of CN

Design Costs L$2500
Miscellaneous Expenses, Overages L$2500
[b:e8dftt2i]
Total Requested Initial Budget L$14,950 US$54.46 [/b:e8dftt2i]

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

I managed to forget about SLExchange. We can do a buy of 50,000 impressions for L$2599, which is pretty reasonable.

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Wow, excellent, Brian! One wonders why you didn't want the job as PIO, but I'm sure that you should work together with Nightwing Leonov to put this proposal (once it passes) into practice.

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

This is a wonderfully explicit publicity campaign. I'd like to point out that the current City budget includes 20,000 for promotion. In addition, there is allocated in the new sim budget an amount which I cannot manage to discover in my notes at the moment, but which is certainly there.

Perhaps knowing that these funds are immediately available and intended for these purposes will be a spur for them to happen.

Sudane.....

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Thanks :) These are merely notes, but as of now, the bottom half is the current working publicity plan for the new sim, with the addition of a possible ad buy for SLexchange. I will note that I have completed a chariot of sorts that I am more than happy to cede to the CDS, but am desperatly in need of a scripter to make it move. If anyone is interested, please hit me up inworld :)

--BL

Return to “Planning Colonia Nova”