SPC Meeting Notice and Agenda - Sat 12th Aug, Noon SLT

For planning and discussing issues related to Colonia Nova, Neufreistadt's second sim under the Confederation of the Democratic Simulators.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

SPC Meeting Notice and Agenda - Sat 12th Aug, Noon SLT

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hello all :)

Next SPC Meeting wll be held on Saturday, August the 12 th, at noon SLT, in the Rathaus.

Preliminary agenda is:
1. Reports from Workgroups
2. CN site editor

All citizens interested are invited to attend.

Since this meeting had to be changed from the usual time at Sundays because of the ball on the 13th, i will ask everyone that won't be able to make this new time to send me, if possible, any reports that they will have for the SPC. Sorry and thanks! :)

Clarence Calliope
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Clarence Calliope »

Thanks for posting the heads up - I should be able to make it.

Ranma Tardis

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I will not be able to attend this meeting because of duty. You understand my real life job that pays the bills.

I do not think that Colonia Nova will work as stands. Neufreistadt and Colonia Nova will not have enough in common to remain tougher as a group. They will not share themes. They will not be located next to each other. They may not even share the same type of government. I do not want Neufreistadt resources to make what will be an independent sim.

If a group of people wants to make a whole new sim, I suggest they get tougher and make a new sim. I would like to see the resources of Neufreistadt get used to expand our home sim and not make another different one. If a group of people want to use their resources to make a new sim and be part of the CDS that is fine and proper.

I respectfully request the RA to repeal the funding of Colonia Nova. It is of no benefit to Neufreistadt and her residents.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

[quote="Ranma Tardis":158a12an]I do not think that Colonia Nova will work as stands. Neufreistadt and Colonia Nova will not have enough in common to remain tougher as a group. They will not share themes. They will not be located next to each other. They may not even share the same type of government. I do not want Neufreistadt resources to make what will be an independent sim.

I respectfully request the RA to repeal the funding of Colonia Nova. It is of no benefit to Neufreistadt and her residents.[/quote:158a12an]

Whoah Ranma! I share some of your concerns but I don't think we're in a position to write off the expansion to Colonia Nova as unworkable. The fact that CN will have a different theme is a strength not a weakness; it will draw in people who find the Neufreistadt theme of medieval Bavarian offputting or bizarre. The reason for [i:158a12an]considering[/i:158a12an] not locating them next to each other has everything to do with the logistics of placing a waterside sim next to our current city in the clouds and the restrictions placed by Linden Lab since the introduction of the Land Store.

I know of no proposal that CN should have a different form of government. Where have you seen that proposed?

I can see the possibility that CN might develop such a distinctive identity in the future that a secessionist movement could develop. I think we should consider the implications of this now and plan accordingly. I too would hate to expend all this effort (and money) on expansion only for the new sim to run off with it all! But I think we can mitigate that risk, no need to pull the plug just yet!

Ranma Tardis

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I have been giving this a lot of thought. Besides all of the problems of Secession and how to expand the government, I see no benefit to the current residents of Neufreistadt. Another similar sim adjoining would be a great benefit. A dissimilar sim that one needs to TP to is not a benefit. If the project is done with separate funds, I do not see a problem. I just don’t want to pay for a project that has NO benefit to the residents of Neufreistadt.

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

One thought I've been kicking around regarding the topography of CN (And NFS as a result) is that we could feasibly make it so that NFS is the city on a hill persay. Pretty much, At the edge of the sim that abutts NFS (presumibly the south side of CN and the North side of NFS) , we could have the CN sim shear off by a number of meters so that it drops to say, 20 or 30 meters and then downgrades to 0m at the waterfront. This massive drop would be addressed by constructing a cliff face, which would give NFS the look of beign a city on a hill and allow the two sims to be attached to one another. Road connection can be done via some a combination of terraforming and a creative engineering project, perhaps a re-used aquaduct-type structure that leads down from the valley of NFS.

Return to “Planning Colonia Nova”