Transcript - 28 July 2020 RA Meeting

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: Forum Gai Nebuleuntis Curionis, Colonia Nova
Contact:

Transcript - 28 July 2020 RA Meeting

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: Hello and welcome everyone to today's RA meeting. I call this meeting to order.
[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: First item, 1.1 Review and approve the agenda, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9550
[12:05] Guillaume Mistwalker: So moved
[12:05] Laura Azalee: second
[12:06] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you. Please vote to approve the agenda.
[12:06] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:06] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:06] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[12:06] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:06] Lyubov Atheria: Next, 1.2 Review and approve the minutes 14-July-2020, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9543
[12:06] Laura Azalee: I move to approve
[12:06] Guillaume Mistwalker: second
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you. Please vote to approve the minutes.
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:07] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[12:07] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *2. Executive Report. Chancellor Rosie, you have the floor.
[12:07] Rosie Gray: thank you
[12:08] Rosie Gray: I'm not sure what you want to hear
[12:08] Rosie Gray: you have the financials from the Treasurer
[12:08] Lyubov Atheria: Have there been any recent events or executive works done since the last report on 7 July?
[12:09] Lyubov Atheria: Any upcoming plans?
[12:09] Rosie Gray: there was the Venetian Nights, July 18 & 19
[12:09] Rosie Gray: we spent L$2000 from the budget on that, and the rest was sponsored
[12:09] Rosie Gray: oh damn, lost Guill
[12:10] Laura Azalee: uh oh
[12:10] Rosie Gray: we had the Community Centre Opening July 24, but unfortunately Pip who was our special guest didn't arrive
[12:10] Laura Azalee: ah there he is
[12:10] Rosie Gray: got some nice photos of everyone who did though, standing in front of the sign, and with his RL photo in the background
[12:11] Rosie Gray: no expenses for that
[12:11] Rosie Gray: we had a Government Question Hour July 25th
[12:12] Rosie Gray: done
[12:13] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Chancellor.
[12:13] Rosie Gray waves at Almut behind her
[12:13] Laura Azalee: hi Alut
[12:13] Almut Brunswick waves silently back at Rosie
[12:13] Laura Azalee: Almut even
[12:13] Almut Brunswick: Hello everybody
[12:13] Second Life: Lyubov Atheria gave you RA chat.
[12:13] Lyubov Atheria: Does any RA member have a question or comment for the Chancellor before we continue?
[12:14] Laura Azalee: no
[12:14] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you. Any Citizen?
[12:14] Guillaume Mistwalker: No ㋡
[12:14] Almut Brunswick: Guillame, are you a normal citizen? :D
[12:14] Laura Azalee: lol
[12:14] Guillaume Mistwalker: No, just late, ma'am
[12:14] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:15] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you once again Chancellor Rosie.
[12:15] Lyubov Atheria: The next item is *3. LUC Report
[12:15] Lyubov Atheria: The minutes from Sunday's meeting have been posted to the Forum at Minutes of 26 July Meeting, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9549
[12:16] Almut Brunswick: C
[12:16] Lyubov Atheria: I will present a few observations from the LUC meeting, as I was present.
[12:16] Almut Brunswick: R
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: The LUC noted that the changes to Friedsee that we approved at our last meeting on 14 July have been completed.
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: The LUC also took time, as directed by the RA, to visit the parcel in MO that lacks road access.
[12:18] Lyubov Atheria: No decision has been made yet on exactly how that will be done, but there are ideas and we will see a proposal before work commences on that project.
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: There was also a discussion about the harbor area in LA, the "Quay". Updates to the textures for the bridge has been completed and the roundabout that we discussed earlier is now in place.
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: Discussions continued about further ideas to make the area more attractive.
[12:20] Lyubov Atheria: Lastly, several New Business items were discussed.
[12:20] Lyubov Atheria: These items will appear in New Business in today's RA agenda, concerning road mesh, waterfalls, and EEP policy.
[12:20] Lyubov Atheria: Done.
[12:21] Lyubov Atheria: The Chair of the LUC is also present today, thank you Almut. Does any RA member have any comments or questions about the LUC?
[12:21] Guillaume Mistwalker: EEP?
[12:21] Guillaume Mistwalker: Environmental...?
[12:21] Almut Brunswick: (I was wondering the same)
[12:21] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, there has been a Forum discussion about it, agenda item 9.3 today.
[12:22] Guillaume Mistwalker: What does the second E stand for?
[12:22] Lyubov Atheria: The Environmental Enhancement Project
[12:22] Guillaume Mistwalker: Thank you.
[12:22] Guillaume Mistwalker scribbles that down into the record.
[12:22] Rosie Gray observes there are FAR too many acronyms in SL
[12:22] Laura Azalee: AND at CDS!!!
[12:22] Almut Brunswick: especially in the CDS...we do love them here
[12:23] Rosie Gray: yes!
[12:23] Lyubov Atheria: EEP policy for SL created by LL that may affect CDS that the LUC and RA shall consider...
[12:23] Laura Azalee: has a headache already!
[12:23] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[12:23] Rosie Gray: awh
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, next agenda item, *4. MoCA Update
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: On 11 July the Summer Exhibitions opened.
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: “What Will the Children Say”, Curated by Delia Lake and “War”, Invited Exhibition by June Clavenham.
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: This will continue through 30 August.
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: Done.
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: I visited the other day and I was impressed and enjoyed the show. I encourage everyone to take time to take a look.
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *5. Road Committee Update
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: Gaius, would you like to share an update with us?
[12:26] Guillaume Mistwalker: Sure!
[12:26] Guillaume Mistwalker: A survey was given out on 15 July to receive name suggestions for roads in LA and CN.
[12:26] Guillaume Mistwalker: You will have received earlier today a compilation of all those suggestions--quite a few of them!
[12:27] Guillaume Mistwalker: Six people responded, some people giving multiple suggestions.
[12:27] Laura Azalee: c
[12:27] Guillaume Mistwalker: Well, sorry, more accurately there were six responses.
[12:28] Guillaume Mistwalker: The next steps are this: I will send out a Doodle Poll to see when we can next meet (Or may shcedule a public meeting for a week from today...) and we will go over the names as a group.
[12:28] Guillaume Mistwalker: We will consider each roach one-by-one and, based on consensus, choose one to give to the RA.
[12:28] Rosie Gray: c
[12:28] Guillaume Mistwalker: I also encourage public comment on the forums.
[12:28] Guillaume Mistwalker: Done.
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Gaius. Laura, you have a comment?
[12:29] Laura Azalee: yes
[12:29] Laura Azalee: I read the c today and I must say that many of the Italian names containd mistakes, as they were probably google tranlated - i see no point in wasting time correcting the mall BUT
[12:30] Laura Azalee: once you have chosen the names, please ask me.
[12:30] Laura Azalee: done
[12:30] Guillaume Mistwalker: ㋡
[12:30] Guillaume Mistwalker: Thank you, Laura
[12:30] Laura Azalee: them all lol
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: Great advice Laura, and thank you! :)
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, you have a comment?\
[12:30] Guillaume Mistwalker: In the past, the committee has relied extensively on the support of native language speakers to guide us to an appropriate name.
[12:30] Rosie Gray: I was only going to say that I hope Laura would ensure that the language is correct ㋡
[12:31] Rosie Gray: so very glad to hear you are on top of that, Laura!
[12:31] Laura Azalee: lol yes
[12:31] Rosie Gray: done
[12:31] Almut Brunswick: clap clap clap
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie.
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, I do recall that Laura saved us from a very unfortunate name for the CN fishing village :)
[12:31] Laura Azalee: lol
[12:31] Guillaume Mistwalker: Oh?
[12:32] Laura Azalee: and let me say, Stella Marina IS a beautiful name :P
[12:32] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[12:32] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:32] Almut Brunswick: ("Seestern" in German^^)
[12:32] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you again Gaius and all who contributed, I'm thrilled with the participation and responses.
[12:32] Guillaume Mistwalker: Oh!
[12:33] Guillaume Mistwalker: I forgot to add.
[12:33] Guillaume Mistwalker: There was unanimous support for the idea that we should name natural features in the estate.
[12:33] Guillaume Mistwalker: Done.
[12:33] Lyubov Atheria: That would be wonderful!
[12:33] Almut Brunswick: C
[12:33] Lyubov Atheria: Please Almut?
[12:33] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[12:34] Almut Brunswick: Because my command of Italian is limited to the menu in Italian restaurants, I refrianed from contributing to the list:) I just would like to see the correct spelling of street names in Neufreistadt soon as well
[12:35] Guillaume Mistwalker: Why don't we talk, Almut. ㋡
[12:35] Laura Azalee: like marketplatz? LOL
[12:35] Almut Brunswick: right :D
[12:35] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[12:35] Guillaume Mistwalker: Sehr Engleutsch.
[12:35] Almut Brunswick: R
[12:35] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you once again, wonderful progress!
[12:35] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *6. Citizen Concerns
[12:35] Laura Azalee: c
[12:36] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:36] Lyubov Atheria: Would any citizen like to share something at this time?
[12:36] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:36] Lyubov Atheria: Laura please?
[12:36] Laura Azalee: what I am going to say can be both in the "citizens" and "RA members" concern categories, as it ws inspired by the conversation with a visitor but i totally share the "concern" so to speak.
[12:36] Laura Azalee: I got a visit from Udo while i was at Friedsee and while we were chatting he said it was a pity that the lake is neither swimmable nor navigable.

I showed him my swimmable pool/deck from what next with very nice swimming/diving animations which works both with linden and prim water - and I guess I could place it somewhere to create a swimming area - if you think it's a good idea- but
[12:36] Laura Azalee: the fact remains that the water of the lake is really ugly - it looks more like bluish slush than water - and i wonder why they are replacing the waterfalls but not the lake water.
[12:37] Laura Azalee: done
[12:37] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura. I would like to return to this when we discuss 9.2 Waterfalls.
[12:37] Laura Azalee: yes!!
[12:37] Lyubov Atheria: Almut, would you like to share something?
[12:38] Almut Brunswick: Yes, not much of a concernt but an information that I'm successfully bothering Teahcer Katherine to become a member of the CDS Welcome Committee
[12:39] Laura Azalee: :D
[12:39] Almut Brunswick: because like me, Katherine is a new and active member of the citizenship
[12:39] Guillaume Mistwalker: "successfully bothering" Hah!
[12:39] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut, it is always wonderful to engage new citizens.
[12:39] Almut Brunswick: done
[12:39] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you.
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *7. RA member concerns
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: Would any RA member like to share something at this time?
[12:40] Almut Brunswick: r
[12:40] Guillaume Mistwalker: I have none.
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you.
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *8. Old Business

Discussion of reform to CDSL 21-01 Permanent Land Use Commission Act, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/cdsl-21-0 ... ssion-act/ See Forum topic at http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9527
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: This Forum discussion about the LUC Act is ongoing.
[12:41] Lyubov Atheria: Tan has posted a good first draft, and there have been a number of very good suggestions.
[12:41] Lyubov Atheria: I am in process (finally!) of drafting a shared Google document draft.
[12:42] Lyubov Atheria: I am starting with the existing Act, making comments, and including suggested updates so far.
[12:42] Lyubov Atheria: I will post the url to the Forum once this is complete.
[12:42] Laura Azalee: great job Lyubov
[12:42] Rosie Gray: c
[12:42] Guillaume Mistwalker: ㋡
[12:42] Lyubov Atheria: Tan has done most of the Great work so far, and also the citizens who have commented :)
[12:42] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Rosie?
[12:43] Rosie Gray: just to ask that you make the text black when you copy/paste it, please Lyubov.
[12:43] Rosie Gray smiles
[12:43] Rosie Gray: otherwise I find it really hard to read.
[12:43] Rosie Gray: thanks
[12:43] Rosie Gray: done
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: Good suggestion! I think I copied directly from the Portal and I'm afraid it might come out light grey!
[12:43] Rosie Gray: it will but you can change it
[12:43] Rosie Gray: before people comment
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: I use reverse colors so it's white on black, so I forget :)
[12:44] Rosie Gray: aah
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: So, please continue to comment on this discussion as we develop the Act.
[12:44] Almut Brunswick: C
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any general comments or questions about the Act before we move on?
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Almut?
[12:45] Almut Brunswick: I would lik eto suggest to make more paragprahs (spaces) between the sentences. For me, it does not look like a real law in this shape, because different thoughts are in the same paragraph.
[12:46] Lyubov Atheria: Oh yes, thank you Almut. For now, my first focus will be on content and ideas, then we can work on formatting and style.
[12:46] Almut Brunswick: Regulation s which belong together should be written in one paragraph. New thoughts should get their own one. That makes reworking easier, too.
[12:46] Almut Brunswick: R
[12:47] Guillaume Mistwalker has often thought the same...
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you once again Almut.
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, a law that hurts to read is less than helpful.
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Next agenda item, *9. New Business
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: We have a number of related items today, related to LUC actions.
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9528
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: 9.1 Proposal to change road mesh posted 5 July,
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: Sudane posted this item to the Forum.
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: She has found some nice mesh roads that she would like us to consider for use throughout the rural areas of CDS.
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: This is a permanent change that the RA must consider.
[12:50] Lyubov Atheria: In her post, Sudane provides the SLURL to two locations where she has samples arranged, replacing the standard Botanical cobblestone roads.
[12:51] Lyubov Atheria: It appears, that the main downside to these roads, is that the textures are not provided and they are not season-changing, so this would require a work-around process. Sudane has contacted the creator asking if an update was possible.
[12:51] Lyubov Atheria: Has everyone seen this post and visited the samples?
[12:51] Rosie Gray nods
[12:51] Guillaume Mistwalker: I have.
[12:51] Laura Azalee: I havent i am afraid
[12:51] Almut Brunswick: not yet
[12:51] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, could you share your thoughts about these samples please?
[12:51] Rosie Gray: sure
[12:52] Rosie Gray: it was me that found them in the first place, and pointed them out to Sudane
[12:52] Rosie Gray: because I thought they were so good
[12:52] Guillaume Mistwalker: ㋡
[12:52] Rosie Gray: but as you've mentioned, they aren't 'seasonal'
[12:53] Rosie Gray: I personally think they would be a huge improvement in the rural area over the cobblestones, even if they aren't 'seasonal'
[12:53] Rosie Gray: they are modifyable, so at the very worst we could make some winter textures for them... the snowy times are the only ones that would really need to change
[12:53] Laura Azalee: ah not so bad then
[12:53] Rosie Gray: but, then the problem would be that we don't have the original textures to put back on... so that's not a great solution
[12:54] Guillaume Mistwalker: c
[12:54] Rosie Gray: I think that waiting to hear from the creator is our best bet about making them 'seasonal'
[12:54] Rosie Gray: done
[12:54] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie. Gaius?
[12:54] Laura Azalee: definitely
[12:55] Guillaume Mistwalker: I agree that this is a good solution. We could potentially still purchase them and have a work around solution if the creator isn't willing or able or active to give a solution.
[12:55] Guillaume Mistwalker: During the wintermonths we could make them "disappear"
[12:55] Rosie Gray: true
[12:55] Guillaume Mistwalker: The'd be snow covered! ㋡
[12:55] Laura Azalee: good idea
[12:55] Guillaume Mistwalker: Done.
[12:55] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, simply making them transparent for the winter could work and is easily reversable.
[12:56] Guillaume Mistwalker: Oh, I do have a question though
[12:56] Lyubov Atheria: Please?
[12:56] Guillaume Mistwalker: How would you manage the border between urban cobble stones and rural roads?
[12:56] Guillaume Mistwalker: q to Rosie
[12:57] Rosie Gray: ah
[12:57] Rosie Gray: well, Sudane has made a nice example
[12:57] Rosie Gray: if you go and have a look
[12:57] Guillaume Mistwalker: Hm... I must not remember it. Thanks!
[12:57] Guillaume Mistwalker: I'll go look
[12:58] Rosie Gray: If I'm remembering correctly ;)
[12:58] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, I think she had some large brown steps that connected between the new road and the cobblestone section.
[12:58] Guillaume Mistwalker: Hm...
[12:58] Guillaume Mistwalker: Something we could toy with, perhaps.
[12:59] Lyubov Atheria: Let's take this as an action item, that we all take a look at the samples, comment on the Forum topic, and see what progress is made with Sudane contacting the creator by our next RA meeting.
[12:59] Lyubov Atheria: Can we agree to this?
[12:59] Guillaume Mistwalker: Agreed.
[13:00] Laura Azalee: yes
[13:00] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you :)
[13:00] Lyubov Atheria: The next item is 9.2 Proposal to update waterfalls posted 14 July, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9541
[13:00] Lyubov Atheria: Sudane has also posted about this and has a beautiful sample in FS.
[13:01] Lyubov Atheria: The proposal is to update the waterfalls in AM and MO with this style, a permanent change requiring RA approval.
[13:01] Lyubov Atheria: Has everyone seen the sample?
[13:01] Laura Azalee: yes
[13:01] Almut Brunswick: No
[13:01] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura.
[13:01] Guillaume Mistwalker: No
[13:01] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, could you tell us more about this please?
[13:02] Rosie Gray: sure
[13:02] Rosie Gray: they are the latest Skye packs and are SO realistic that it's crazy
[13:02] Rosie Gray: they will be a HUGE improvement over the existing waterfalls and creeks
[13:03] Rosie Gray: I don't know what else to say about them... they are just fantastic but you have to see for yourself
[13:03] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie. Laura also had a question earlier, concerning the lake. Could you talk about this now too please?
[13:04] Rosie Gray: hmmmm, yes
[13:04] Rosie Gray: well the lake in Friedsee is old technology
[13:04] Rosie Gray: of course it cannot be LL water as it is far too high
[13:04] Laura Azalee: exactly
[13:04] Rosie Gray: I'm sure we can improve that too
[13:05] Laura Azalee: c
[13:05] Rosie Gray: and I am interested in your 'swimmable'
[13:05] Rosie Gray: but I don't understand if it is a complete water system, or something you put down for an area to make it swimmable... maybe you can tell us more?
[13:05] Lyubov Atheria: Please, Laura?
[13:06] Laura Azalee: wel it's two different things here
[13:07] Laura Azalee: what I have swimmable is a deck/pool that can be placed on any water with many pretty swimming -diving anmations. that is one thng.
[13:07] Laura Azalee: the other is finding good water for the lake - I went to see the skye system but was not really impressed by their lake. Rivers n Rapids has a fantastic water system that looks like linden water and is swimmable, but it says it can only be used from 250 m upwards, so Idk.
[13:08] Rosie Gray: oh I see then... yes you showed me your deck/pool with the animations
[13:08] Guillaume Mistwalker: q
[13:08] Rosie Gray: i wonder if it is possible to remove the deck and pool and just use the animations
[13:09] Laura Azalee: dont think so
[13:09] Rosie Gray: perhaps also if you have a LM for Rivers n Rapids (I've never heard of it), we could go and have a look
[13:09] Rosie Gray: or the LUC could
[13:09] Guillaume Mistwalker: ㋡
[13:09] Laura Azalee: they donnt seem to have an inworld shop, I only saw a video
[13:09] Lyubov Atheria: A question, Gaius?
[13:10] Guillaume Mistwalker: I may be mistaken, but is Friedsee more than 250m in height?
[13:10] Laura Azalee: no it isnt
[13:10] Laura Azalee: I checked
[13:10] Guillaume Mistwalker: ㋡
[13:10] Guillaume Mistwalker: So, it is feasible to use that system
[13:10] Rosie Gray: sounds like they are meant for skybox type things then
[13:10] Laura Azalee: yes it is
[13:11] Lyubov Atheria: This sounds like a separate project, that we can ask the LUC to consider, separate from the waterfall project.
[13:11] Guillaume Mistwalker: Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you
[13:11] Laura Azalee: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ri ... -m/7153956
[13:11] Rosie Gray: I agree, Lyubov
[13:11] Guillaume Mistwalker: c
[13:11] Laura Azalee: it is separate
[13:11] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Gaius?
[13:12] Guillaume Mistwalker: I trust the Chancellor's and Sudane's judgement concerning the waterfall, and I just realised I have seen it.
[13:12] Guillaume Mistwalker: Could we approve of the proposal today?
[13:12] Guillaume Mistwalker: Done
[13:12] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Gaius.
[13:13] Lyubov Atheria: I hoped to be able to hold a vote to approve, but I also wanted to ensure we have all seen it and feel comfortable voting.
[13:13] Lyubov Atheria: I motion, to approve the proposal to update waterfalls posted 14 July, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9541
[13:13] Laura Azalee: second
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura.
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any final comments or questions before we continue to a vote?
[13:14] Guillaume Mistwalker: None here. ㋡
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Gaius.
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, to approve the proposal to update waterfalls posted 14 July, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9541
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:14] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:14] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:14] Laura Azalee: q
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Laura?
[13:15] Laura Azalee: it is not clear to me how I should carry on a proposal for the lake? post it on the forum? shall we do it as RA writing to the LUC? how?
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: I would like to make a motion concerning this :)
[13:16] Rosie Gray: c
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: I motion, that the LUC be directed to investigate updating the Friedsee lake to modern water textures and the possibility of enabling swimming.
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Please, Rosie?
[13:17] Rosie Gray: oh was only going to suggest exactly your motion, to Laura
[13:17] Rosie Gray: done
[13:17] Guillaume Mistwalker: second
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie and Gaius.
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that the LUC be directed to investigate updating the Friedsee lake to modern water textures and the possibility of enabling swimming.
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:17] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:17] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:18] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:18] Guillaume Mistwalker: clap clap clap
[13:18] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[13:18] Lyubov Atheria: Almut, as Chair of the LUC, please include this item on the next LUC agenda.
[13:18] Laura Azalee: c
[13:18] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Laura?
[13:19] Laura Azalee: I could try and contact the creator of the swimmable lake to see if it really needs to be rezzed above 250 mt?
[13:19] Laura Azalee: done
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura, I am sure that will be helpful to know! :)
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, you have a comment?
[13:19] Laura Azalee: will try
[13:19] Rosie Gray: no
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you.
[13:19] Lyubov Atheria: Next, 9.3 Proposal to create an environment policy posted 11 July, http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9535
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: This is another Forum discussion initiated by Sudane.
[13:20] Guillaume Mistwalker: She's been busy!
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: She has!
[13:20] Lyubov Atheria: This is a detailed topic, I encourage everyone to please read the discussion and related wiki pages, and to even try the system out.
[13:21] Lyubov Atheria: EEP, the Environmental Enhancement Project
[13:21] Lyubov Atheria: Can be thought of as an update to our "windlight" capabilities
[13:22] Lyubov Atheria: It allows for much more detailed and realistic settings, such as the length of the day, and separate settings at different altitudes.
[13:22] Lyubov Atheria: So, this will firstly impact what can be done at the Estate level for CDS.
[13:22] Lyubov Atheria: As a policy matter, individual parcel owners will be able to make changes.
[13:23] Lyubov Atheria: Each parcel *could* have completely separate settings, viewable by anyone on the parcel
[13:23] Laura Azalee: that is great
[13:23] Lyubov Atheria: So, a policy question, is should this be allowed, and within what boundaries, for CDS.
[13:23] Lyubov Atheria: It is exciting!
[13:24] Lyubov Atheria: Right now, it is not an included capability within the Firestorm viewer. We must use the LL official viewer to see it.
[13:24] Laura Azalee: ugh
[13:24] Lyubov Atheria: It will be included in Firestorm, "soon" :)
[13:25] Laura Azalee: they'd better
[13:25] Lyubov Atheria: So, please follow this Forum topic and experiment with the capabilities, as the RA will be asked for form a policy about it.
[13:25] Guillaume Mistwalker: Will do.
[13:25] Laura Azalee: okk
[13:26] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, would you like to make any comment about this item?
[13:26] Lyubov Atheria: Next agenda item, *10. General Announcements
[13:27] Lyubov Atheria: Lilith asked me to note:
[13:27] Lyubov Atheria: 1 August – Scientific Council, 1200 SLT
[13:27] Rosie Gray: not at this time, thank you Lyubov
[13:27] Lyubov Atheria: Also,
[13:27] Lyubov Atheria: 16 August – Land Use Commission, 1200 SLT
[13:27] Lyubov Atheria: and finally,
[13:27] Lyubov Atheria: 22 August – Government Question Time, 0900 SLT
[13:27] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any other General Announcements?
[13:28] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none, thank you.
[13:28] Lyubov Atheria: Now, *11. Next Meeting

Propose: Tuesday 11 August at 1200 SLT
[13:28] Guillaume Mistwalker: so moved
[13:28] Laura Azalee: second
[13:28] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you.
[13:28] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, next meeting Tuesday 11 August at 1200 SLT
[13:28] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:28] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:28] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:28] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:28] Lyubov Atheria: Finally, I motion to adjourn.
[13:29] Laura Azalee: seconded
[13:29] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you. Please vote to adjourn.
[13:29] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:29] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:29] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:29] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, this meeting is now adjourned. Thank you everyone!
Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”