Mieville in Trouble Due To Missing Landowner

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tanoujin Milestone
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Mieville in Trouble Due To Missing Landowner

Post by Tanoujin Milestone » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 am

I do not trust the Lindens and would not approach them unprepared... they may find our practices already out of TOS and give us a hard time. Second life is a capitalistic environment, and capitalism kills off any alternatives.

To get information how non profits or not for profits handle their estate management we could reach out to Rockcliffe University. I am sure they will be happy to share their knowledge, since they are in virtual education and we are pretty much educational.

In case we establish a RL entity to handle our succession and ownership issues, we must make sure this entity can never take control by performing a coup. It should be limited to executive functions under control of the Chancellor.

We already had a long and intensive discussion about that here on the forums.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato

Kyoko
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Kyoko » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Briefly, I agree with Tan. If we were to approach LL at any juncture we better be more than well prepared.
"Life is short. Drink the good wine first."

Lilith Ivory
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Lilith Ivory » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Before starting to discuss this problem once again we all might want to read the transcript of the SC meeting at july 27 2019 where Sudane gave a detailed report on that topic.
(I am not adding a link with purpose as idk if a link makes this sensitive topic visible again for those without forum account)
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Discussion”