Based upon this Forum discussion, I propose that “Estate Manager” be replaced with “Chancellor” in Section 1. Section 2 will be simplified to state, “Within 24 hours the Chancellor will publish the List on the CDS Forums..”.
The following shows the full revised law, with changes in BOLD CAPS
It is the law of the CDS that citizens must hold the title to their land for more than 28 days, and have tier paid in full to qualify to vote or to run for office. However, due to the complexities of the electoral calendar, the validation of that requirement is unnecessarily complicated.
The Citizen List shall be the certified list of CDS citizens eligible to run for office or vote in CDS Elections. The Citizen List will be created in the following manner:
1. At 12 noon SLT on the dates designated by the Scientific Council, the CHANCELLOR or his or her designate, will generate both a list of tier payors and a Land Scanner list of parcel owners They will then compare these two lists to determine that a given name appears on both lists, and that that given name is current in at least one parcel tier payment. The CHANCELLOR or his or her designate will use these lists to create one list of the citizens who are qualified to run for office or vote, the Citizen List.
2. Within 24 hours THE CHANCELLOR will publish the List on the CDS Forums, by notecard to the SL group ‘CDS’, by notecard available at the Praetorium and any other public location the Chancellor may choose, and on the CDS web portal.
3. Only those citizens whose names appear on the published Citizen List may run for office or vote in the CDS elections.
4. Any citizen may challenge the inclusion or omission of an avatar on the Citizen List by petitioning the Scientific Council. Any such petition challenging the Citizen List must be received by the Dean of the SC no later than midnight SLT, 14 days after that Citizen List is published. The SC will make every effort to resolve such challenges within 7 days, so that nominations and elections can proceed with an accurate Citizen List.
6. This bill applies to all elections and by-elections of Government members, representatives, or any official polling act called by any of the Government Branches (such as referenda or public consultation) that may have legislative power.
7. This bill does not revoke any other right of citizens, specifically NL 5-21, Citizen Involvement Act, or any public contest without the force of legislative power, such as proposing a new theme for an upcoming region to be publicly opened, redesigning the CDS official presence, or similar non-legislative acts.