The following citizens are standing for office in the coming elections:
One position as Chancellor : Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar)
With no other candidate declaring, Emilia Dagostino will be the Chancellor for the 32th term.
Standing for one of five positions on the Representative Assembly:
Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane)
Lyubov (20180414 Resident)
Campaigning by the candidates can begin on Saturday Nov 2th. Please read the following information regarding campaign rules.
CDSL 13-09 Campaigning Act
1. The campaign period officially begins two weeks before the last election day and ends when the polls close.
2. Candidates are expected to conduct campaigns in a civil and respectful manner. Citizens should only receive campaign material that they wish to receive. Campaigning is an act of peaceful assembly and the exercise of freedom of expression and thus protected by Articles 19 and 20 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
3. Campaigning is further restricted by existing regulations, including:
a) The Linden Lab Terms of Service and Community Standards (which forbid griefing and spamming)
b) The CDS Covenants (which limit the defacing of buildings and public spaces)
c) UDHR Article 12 (which forbids defamation and libel)
d) UDHR Article 29 (2) (which allows restrictions to be set by law to give due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and comply with requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society)
4. Candidates are encouraged to hold campaign events during the campaign period.
a. These events may be announced in the CDS in-world group notices and group IM
b. The General and Event Forums may also be used to announce any campaign events or to invite discussions with the citizenry
c. Candidates may not use the CDS in-world group notices or IM to distribute campaign material
5. Campaign signs may be placed under the following conditions:
a. No scripted signage is permitted in any location, other than a simple notecard giver that hands out info when touched
b. Signage shall be limited to a land impact of three (3)
c. Signs may be set to full bright to be seen in all light conditions, but please avoid glow as it can make signs unreadable, and hovertext is not allowed
d. The maximum size of signs may be up to 2.0m x 2.0m x 0.5m
e. Candidates may place up to one sign in each of three public CDS locations, within 10m of the info kiosks located at: Colonia Nova Forum Plaza, Locus Amoenus, and Neufreistadt Platz
f. Candidates are not restricted in number or placement of signs on privately-owned land, within the bounds of good taste and common sense
g. Within 48 hours of the end of the campaign period, all outdoor campaign signs are to be removed.
This law was revised by the 31st RA, August 19, 2019
Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council
Moderator: SC Moderators
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Lilith Ivory
- Master Word Wielder
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 pm
- Location: Germany
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."