Increased LI (land impact)

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Increased LI (land impact)

Post by Sudane Erato »

Apparently LL has instituted a grid-wide increase of LI this since the last server updates. While you can read about it here https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/ ... e-is-here/, it's a bit esoteric.

What they seem to have done, and PLEASE feel free to correct me if I don't have this right, is to lower the LI for mesh objects. So... for example... if I have a parcel with 1000 LI capacity, and sitting on that parcel is a building which is composed of 600 LI, I have 400 LI left to use on that parcel. BUT NOW, they have reduced the LI of that building by 15%, meaning what was before 600 LI is now only 510 LI. Miraculous! That was just a server setting. NOW, instead of having only 400 LI left on my parcel, I have 490 LI left.

So that's what they mean when they say they've increased LI across the grid. It is, in fact, really great! But its weird, hard to explain, and doesn't change any of the parcel settings that we've set up. In addition, it has ZERO impact on objects made of prims. They will have no change. Composite objects, made of both prims and mesh... whew... we'll have to see how that works, but I'm guessing there will be a smaller lowering dependent on the proportion of mesh to prims.

I certainly welcome any comments or corrections on my attempt to understand this.

Sudane...............

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Increased LI (land impact)

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Wow, that's nifty! I will enjoy the bonus LI without asking too many questions :)

And many thanks Sudane for letting us know.
I had paniced otherwise that some of my items might have disapeared from my parcel without my knowing lol

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Discussion”