New Stella Marina Bridge

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

New Stella Marina Bridge

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hello all,

I have set a bridge to replace the temporary pontoon bridge in Stella Marina installed for the CDS Easter Ride, so that the horses could pass from Stella Marina to a point on the other shore close to the Temple of Mercury. This was necessary to have a CDS-wide ride without it doubling back on itself.

The pontoon bridge being in place, it was evident that the connection is useful there. Previously, if people do not fly, they would need to go to the CN bridge, cross, and then back again eastwards to reach the Temple -- this is rather lengthy. A closer connection could bring more visitors to the temple. So the temporary pontoon was left while a new bridge would be built, which can be seen here .
It is a mesh bridge over a prim sketch by Sudane, with 18 LI impact, all of it in Public Land. We had to move some of the harbour staging for the temporary bridge -- this new bridge crosses in another place so all the staging retuns to its previous placement.

Stella Marina Bridge_001.png
Stella Marina Bridge_002.png
Stella Marina Bridge_005.png
Stella Marina Bridge_003 (1).png

Note: The bridge will open to allow boats to go through. The scripts (and sounds!) exist but as I am writing, they still have to be set in. You can walk on it though! I'll post more pics when it opens.

Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: New Stella Marina Bridge

Post by Moon Adamant »

Bridge is fully functioning now, have a look :-) Thanks to Sudane for setting the scripts and setting it back in place -- also for the early sketch which was full of potential!

Stella Marina Bridge_004.png
Stella Marina Bridge_006.png
Eudaimonia now!

Return to “Sim and City Planning”