Affirmations Transcript

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Affirmations Transcript

Post by Callipygian »

Here is the transcript of the affirmations of office for Jerry, Almut , Sandy and Tor.

<<<DJ Calli is playing: ♪♫•¨•CDS Anthem with voice by Cindy Ecksol - •¨•♫♪

Callipygian Christensen: Tor, please make your affirmation of office in main chat

Tor Karlsvalt: I, Tor Karlsvalt, having been elected Chancellor of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.

Callipygian Christensen: Thank you Tor..speech speech!!

Tor Karlsvalt: Thank you all for the opportunity to serve as your Chancellor the 40th term. We are now firmly in our 20th year here in SL.
During this term we will plan toward the SL21B and then begin planning a crescendo of events eventually handing off to the 21st Term which will plan for our actual 20th Anniversary in September of 2024.: I plan to begin more effort for new citizen education as part of the Government Q&A meetings.
We will have a successful term. Thank you for your support of the CDS.

Callipygian Christensen: thanks you once again for your willingness to serve CDS Tor!

Callipygian Christensen: Now, for the Representative Assembly . Rosie is not here, and the fifth seat is not yet filled, so we have three affirmations today

Callipygian Christensen: Sandy, please make your affirmation of office in main chat

Sandy Burgess: I Sandy Burgess, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.

Callipygian Christensen: thank you Sandy!

Callipygian Christensen: Almut, please make your affirmation of office in main chat

Almut Brunswick: I, Almut Brunswick, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.

Callipygian Christensen: Thank you Almut!

Callipygian Christensen: Jerry, please make your affirmation of office in main chat.

Jerry McNally: I, Jerry McNally, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.

Callipygian Christensen: Thank you Jerry!

It is my duty and pleasure to introduce you to Almut, Sandy and Jerry, members of the 40th RA, and Tor, our Chancellor - please whistle and shout and whatever :)

<<<DJ Calli is playing: ♪♫•¨•CDS Anthem - •¨•♫♪

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Re: Affirmations Transcript for Rosie Gray

Post by Delia Lake »

At noon, on December 5, 2023, in the Praetorium, Rosie Gray affirmed that she will uphold the CDS Constitution and fulfill her duties as a member of the Representative Assembly.

[12:01] Delia Lake: Rosie Gray, thank you once again for agreeing to serve in the CDS Representative Assembly
[12:03] Delia Lake: As you have done in the past, would you please affirm your commitment to faithfully uphold the Constitution and discharge your duties as a member of the RA by repeating in text the Affirmation of Office
[12:03] Rosie Gray clears her virtual throat
[12:03] Rosie Gray: I Rosie Gray, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators,
[12:03] Rosie Gray: do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability,
[12:03] Rosie Gray: that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve,
[12:04] Rosie Gray: protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
[12:04] Almut Brunswick: Welcome back to the RA, Rosie applauds
[12:04] Delia Lake: Thank you, Rosie! Applause!
[12:04] Moon Adamant applauds
[12:04] Rosie Gray: thank you, thank you
[12:04] Tor Karlsvalt: ★♫♬♫★ APPLAUSE ★♫♬♫★

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”