Latest builds by the CDS citizens - May 2023

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Latest builds by the CDS citizens - May 2023

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hi everyone,

I had intended to post about this for a few weeks now, but a certain lack of time... still, more builds to show now!

As you know, there is a campaign of sim improvement going on in Colonia Nova, so let's start there. And just in the last few days, brand new builds to see :-)

CN018_001.png

This is C.018 parcel on the Cardo, just installed. This used to be Guillaume's build for the Venus Cafe. As Guillaume is not around, and we are trying to get all builds anchored, Rosie made a great new building. It's very airy and light, and it preserves the terraced patio on the back.

CN E-01_001.png

Then, the sim improvement called for a new row on the E parcels on Decumanum East (Theatre Road)
Sudane just installed E.01, the first in the row next to the city wall. The house volumes and spatial arrangement were sketched by me, and Sudane had all the work afterwards :-D We are experimenting with a new language to suit the shabby chic character of this place.
More tomorrow!

Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Latest builds by the CDS citizens - May 2023

Post by Moon Adamant »

Still in that row on the Theatre Road, Sudane has placed this absolutely unique build at E.04 :-)

CN E.04_001.png
Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

And still in CN, another build and two rebuilds :-)

CN C07_002.png

This is C.07, a new build by Rosie on the Cardo next the North Gate, and next to the Thermae. Both the city walls and the Thermae have a somewhat larger scale and the new house is dealing very well with it!

PIo Office_001.png

Then, right across, there's Sudane's and my rebuild of the C.02 parcel in order to make the new PIO Office there. Deliberately, we opted not to do a new build but improve on the existing one, as its neoclassical façade is a good option for a gov building. Also, it has a useful porch to host land sales panels and other content that needs an outdoors visibility. Inside, there's info on the CDS, and an art gallery on the roof with a nice terrace for vistas :-)

CN08_001.png

And then, right on the Centro Storico, Mizou rebuilt her Carpe Diem store: the new spatial arrangement of outdoor spaces motivated a full rebuild of the whole building :-)

The improvements on Colonia Nova are carrying on, so expect more new builds soon! 🎇

Eudaimonia now!
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

Seeing this with fresh eyes, since I am returning from my "season off" I enthusiastically (is this even a word?) applaud to the latest improvements.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

And now for Neufreistadt!

@Lilith made two new fachwerken for the 'Platz, which integrate perfectly, and add diversity and colour to the place. The interior spaces are pleasant and make the most of these really tiny parcels -- AND they both have fun, detailed staging. Schneiderei is a real shop too!

Two houses in the Platz_001.png

Then, apologies for some delay in publishing: @ Sudane made two unique houses side by side in Urusulaweg, the Merchant's House and the Dean's House. These houses solved an issue of scale that existed in this street, as the environs also contains the School, the Biergarten (which is a rather tall building) and obviously the Schloss massif. These new houses have a larger scale and they changed the character of Urusulaweg, making it more enclosed and suggesting a more aged urban fabric.

Merchants House_001.png
NFS Urusulaweg 2235_005.png
Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

And one more new house!
This is E.02 in Colonia Nova, by Sudane.
You may recall that Sudane had rezzed this for the Gov Hours some time ago... it is the shabby chic for the Theatre Road :-)

CN E02_005.png
Eudaimonia now!

Return to “General Discussion”