Q&A in the Gov Hours session 16 Apr 2023

Please post your questions and answers here.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Q&A in the Gov Hours session 16 Apr 2023

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hello everyone,
This is a summary of the Gov Hours held last 16 Apr 2023.
The procedure is that only questions from the public, and the replies by CDS officers from the three branches of Government are transcribed.
If possible, a more concise answer will be transcribed, but sometimes answers are given in a flowing conversation (conversation detours removed!), so the transcript will reflect that.

Answering questions: Moon Adamant (Executive Branch); Almut Brunswick and Gwyneth Llewelyn (RA); Lilith Ivory (SC)

Question: is this [The MoCA exhibition REFLECTIONS] for the SL birthday celebration?
[13:49] Moon Adamant: no. The MoCA curators are mandated to hold one art event a term
[13:50] Moon Adamant: which said like that sounds like a pain, but it's actually a very fun thing to do ㋡
[13:50] Moon Adamant: so this surrounding us is REFLECTIONS, inaugurated yesterday
[13:51] Moon Adamant: Moon Adamant and Kyoko Barzane are the curators
[13:51] Moon Adamant: and on the floor above, a parallel exhibition curated by Kyoko, Women's Art
[13:52] Moon Adamant: last term we had one exhibition, Coming of Age in the City, from which REFLECTIONS stems from
[13:53] Moon Adamant: Coming of Age did celebrate the 18th anniversary of the CDS

Question: Moon, is the Executive still searching for a qualified Social Media PIO?
[14:03] Moon Adamant: well, the Exec has found it lol
[14:03] Moon Adamant: it's the same person doing curation of art shows :-D
[14:03] Moon Adamant: we could do with a PIO dedicated to social media
[14:04] Moon Adamant: we have twitter and FB going
[14:04] Moon Adamant: but there are calls for Discord and Mastodon
[14:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well, and Flickr
[14:04] Moon Adamant: and Flickr, yes
[14:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And... I've found the old YouTube channel... lol
[14:05] Moon Adamant: We are also establishing (or will very soon) a working relation with three media
[14:05] Moon Adamant: the BBB Gazette, the GRIDNews and hopefully the VC Radio
[14:07] Moon Adamant: so I am thinking of sending clipping to at least the Gazette and the GRIDnews
[14:08] Moon Adamant: the two insertions we had on the last 10 days were followed by a jump on visitors
[14:09] Moon Adamant: my idea is that if we are newsworthy, then we can call the attention of bigger news sources, justly so

Question: How active is our current connection to the VWEC? I see their announcements, but I don't know how far we are involved in their activities right now.
[14:10] Moon Adamant: well, atm Delia is liaising for us
[14:11] Moon Adamant: this means that when we have an event which falls in the VWEC scope, we send it to their PR
[14:11] Moon Adamant: I rather think that the VEWC is rather hmmm
[14:11] Lilith Ivory: .. and of course interested VWEC members should know how to hoin the CDS group to get informed about more of our events ;-)
[14:12] Moon Adamant: well, looser a community than we are, say
[14:13] Moon Adamant: also, I suppose the VEWC will have a flux corresponding to the academic year

Question: Will the Tuesday Thinkers meeting always be on that time?
[14:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Uh it's on that hour by tradition
[14:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: We're coming up with an ancient idea, refurbished for the 2020s — Thinkers in the Tub!
[14:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: At the Thermae, of course
[14:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: It might be interesting to try doing them at a different hour, just to see how it goes!
[14:16] Moon Adamant: we can but try
[14:16] Moon Adamant: well, the experience i am getting is that regular events do get to a level of saturation quickly
[14:17] Moon Adamant: so the inclusion of new stuff is needed

Question: I wonder if the RA could consider to finally trash the CDSL 16-7 act if it was never valid as in conflict with the constitution?

[14:30] Lilith Ivory: https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/cdsl-16-0 ... dures-act/
[14:35] Almut Brunswick: Lilith, I'll put it on the agenda for next Saturday

Eudaimonia now!

Return to “Questions & Answers about the CDS”