Eventualities

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Eventualities

Post by Han Held »

I remember the anxiety that was present inworld during Tor's last term because he hadn't delegated some maintence duties but also wasn't around to do them either.

I'd like to avoid that, personally. I'm also aware that between now and mid-Oct there's probably going to be a LOT of times I'm simply not around.

I want to hold an EM meeting during the second week of July, that would probably be the appropriate place to deputize people and to work out other estate issues.

Before then, I'd like to throw out the names of the folks I'm hoping will allow me to deputize them to send out tier notices:
Laura Azalee
Sylvia Tamalyn
Bagheera Kirstan

In Laura's case that will probably mean giving her Caspervend access.

If I'm gone for a month or more (and I'm somehow not impeached) then I'd like to have Bags handle evictions. That will only happen, though, if I have another heart attack IRL (and even with my heart attack I was only gone a few days -although it was a non-stemi cardiac event ...I expect a whopper would take me out for a longer period of time). God willing and the creek don't rise I'll be the only one giving folks the boot this term.

We're having a heat wave in Ak and it's doing a number on me, so I'm pretty much going to be worthless for this week (though there's some notices I intend on sending out).

Next week is supposed to be cooler and I'm hoping I'll be able to get my shit together for an EM meeting, probably on Weds July 11th, maybe around noon SLT, definitely at the Rathaus.

Feedback on time etc welcome (that's why this is posted here and not "executive announcements" ;))

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Eventualities

Post by Sudane Erato »

I can almost never make weekday meetings. But all this is very welcome, Han, and you certainly have my full support and offer to help in whatever way you feel appropriate.

Sudane...................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Thanks, Han, but as we discussed recently, I cannot attend *any* of the various CDS meetings that are being held during the workday (USA time).

Because of that, and the fact that I am particularly busy in RL during the summer months, I'm going to ask to be removed from consideration for this additional duty. Thanks for thinking of me, though!

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

No worries, Sylvia.

And thanks for your support, Sudane; I'm grateful for the help you've given me so far and I'm pretty sure I'll end up asking for help again if I need to before the term is out :)

That's two for two on the meeting front -and given my own scheduling conflicts it looks like I need to go back to the drawing board.

Um...it was the thought that counts? :oops:

---
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Wednesday noon at the Rathaus is good for me.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Bagheera wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:40 am

Wednesday noon at the Rathaus is good for me.

Sylvia and Sudane can't make it, so I'm going to cancel and try to think of a better time.

---
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Sorry I've only just seen this thread. It's a particularly busy time for me right now which is why I've not been online much, nor following these forums as closely as I usually do. Things will lighten up for me after this weekend though!

Han, I hope you feel okay and get all the rest you need. You're not alone in all this.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”