Trees that can change with the seasons

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Trees that can change with the seasons

Post by Sudane Erato »

The store named "Botanicals" on Straylight, by Kriss Lehman, has a *really* exciting new product. These are trees (just 4 maple trees so far) which, using a HUD, you can instantly change all the textures of the trees that you own to Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Bare.

I've set one up in my garden in NFS: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Neufreistadt/190/11/142. Let me know if you want to meet for a demonstration... or visit the store on Straylight to see them.

If Kriss or others comes out with more versions of these, particularly evergreen trees, this could be a HUGE improvement in our process of seasonal changing. With a few clicks, we could change all the trees from winter to spring! :)

Sudane....................................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Trees that can change with the seasons

Post by Rose Springvale »

Artis Natur also has a series of trees that change season on touch... along with leaf litter and particles that can be controlled. i think there are 5 different varieties there, 5 prims each.

This is run by sachi Vixen and Damen Gorilla of the Adam n Eve stores, who've always been great supporters of our sims.

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Trees that can change with the seasons

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Great idea to consider! Uni Ninetails of WInterfell started selling these in a very nice (and one prim sculptie!!) form, about 18 months ago. However: all the season-changing trees I've seen in SL, so far, are deciduous ... In other words, no evergreens like pine trees. The latter are such an important part of our terrain in the Alpine sims that I'd be tempted to wait for those, before CDS does a big reforesting program. Regards Jamie

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”