GMP statistics

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

GMP statistics

Post by Jamie Palisades »

In some economic planning for CDS, I am using the GMP work, which generally is very helpful. However, I've run into some minor methodology issues. I plan to use the Guild statistics uncritically, for now, in all CDS government planing, but still, am posting here about the parts where I have some questions.

1. Map 02 of the GMP lists no plots in NDS as public. Oh? The following plots obviously are public in the precise sense that no one pays rent .. but nevertheless are separately platted as discrete SL land parcels: Biergarten (384 m2), Rathaus (288), Kirche (1520), Schloss (1856) etc. And MoCA land, also owned by LV = Similar location parcels in CN seem to be counted in the GMP survey. (E.g, the Praetorium and Amphitheatre's 6032 m2 seem to be within the survey's "6" counted parcels ... distinct from undifferentiated public land?) But the NFS ones were not?

2. SImilarly, are all the platted names parcelized roads (like Lowlands Roads in NFS, a 3136 m2 parcel, and Via Main in CN, a 4416 m2 parcel) treated as "public parcels"? or unprcelized space? Is this consistent across the surveyed sims?

regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: GMP statistics

Post by Moon Adamant »

Jamie, the reason is simple.
The GMP work is incomplete to what refers to NFS, due to technical difficulties in doing the territory survey. So, of course NFS has public spaces - it's only that GMP is not listing them atm.
For that, it's better to refer to the document of the Gov Spaces WG, which lists all gov buildings in NFS. It doesn't list though infrastructure like city walls and roads, of course.

Eudaimonia now!

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”