Aug 13, 3 PM SLT: Government Space Re-org Meeting (NG)

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Aug 13, 3 PM SLT: Government Space Re-org Meeting (NG)

Post by Brian Livingston »

Cross Post from: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2051

Hi all:

The Governmental Space Reorganization Workgroup of the New Guild has completed its initial survey of our community and needs YOUR help! We are holding a public meeting that will shape our suggestions to the New Guild on how we as a community can best maximize the use of our public spaces.

You can view the tentative report at: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcjmkdmz_13gjs6vxcm

The meeting will be on Wednesday, August 12, at 3 PM SLT at the New Guild meeting room in Neufreistadt.

Not able to make that time? Feel free to e-mail me your thoughts at [email protected].

Thank you!

--Brian Livingston

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Aug 13, 3 PM SLT: Government Space Re-org ...

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Regerts that I can't attend today. My input, which is itself open to further comment, is here:
http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2054 (in process)
Regards Jamie P

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Aug 13, 3 PM SLT: Government Space Re-org Meeting (NG)

Post by Rose Springvale »

Seems to be three separate threads that could be used for reply and comment on the forums, as well as emailing Brian ... so i'll just post my thoughts here. Reading through the different threads, it occurs to me that if we assigned the Rathaus to the Chancellor, and the Praetorium to the RA as their regular sites, there would be office space for the repective parties as well as meeting space that would accomodate the needs of each. If separate places/offices are needed for PIO, it seems only logical to assign the info center spaces in each sim to them, (us?) as it will be our responsibility to maintain and update the information. This also allows a place for easily accessible offices for newcomers and visitors, and we can even establish "office hours" if that's what is desired by the community.

While the schloss meets the needs of the SC spatially, I'm not completely sure it fits the "philosopy"... i know there are courtrooms in the Praetorium, and to the extent that closed meetings are necessary (and i for one am never in favor of closed meetings) it seems we could authorize a skybox over the praetorium that could be rezzed when necessary. We opened up skyboxes in AM and LA, as well as on the parcels of CN along the AM side of the sim, so it wouldn't be too big of a stretch to add a simple one for this use either. That would limit the number of parcels that would need special parcelization for meeting control as noted by Jamie.. somewhere. I'd hate to see us limit the Schloss that way, personally.

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”