Sprucing up the banks of the River Rhenus

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Sprucing up the banks of the River Rhenus

Post by Delia Lake »

Along with the renovations of the Colonia Nova Forum and the addition of a fishing village along the southeast of the region, along the River Rhenus, the LUC is proposing to landscape the currently barren banks of this river. I have landscaped the banks of the tributary leading from the Monastery Lake into the Rhenus as a sample for people to see. While the rest of the river will not be an exact copy of what is put out there, these are the kinds of flora and fauna that one would find in a similar real world setting. The landscaping along the Rhenus will be adapted to the terrain there as well as taking care to ensure that the public banks alongside private parcels will not have trees or rocks so tall as to block a river view but rather enhance it.

Landmark to the Colonia Locus bridge to view the sample build.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/L ... /148/35/27

Look toward the Monastery Lake to see the riverbank examples. Most are pictures of the Po River in Italy because there are similarities between this real world river and our CDS River Rhenus. The Po is a long river in the north of that country. The city of Turin is one of the urban areas that border the river. The Po is also the only Italian river to have a delta area. The banks of the Po and many other Mediterranean rivers are grass-covered. Short trees and bushes populate these banks in some places. In addition there is an abundance of wildlife including many bird species with flamingos, egrets, wigeons, and grebes among them. Deer and pheasants roam the banks, and sometimes horses as well as smaller mammals. Migratory songbirds can also be found there.Below are some photo examples that were used as models to build our inworld samples.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vRJ ... p=sharing

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Sprucing up the banks of the River Rhenus

Post by Rosie Gray »

I think that the test embankments look great Delia! Much more natural looking than just the bare banks.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Sprucing up the banks of the River Rhenus

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I agree! I especially love the wildlife, like the pheasants and the parade of deer (wonder where they are going?). It looks really good, Delia. :)

Return to “Sim and City Planning”