Transcript SC meeting Nov 2 2019

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Lilith Ivory
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Transcript SC meeting Nov 2 2019

Post by Lilith Ivory »

[10:05] Lilith Ivory: I´m just giving Aliasi a few more minutes as it was not quite clear if she can make it today or not
[10:07] Callipygian Christensen: as long as its just a few - starting at 10 means I only have an hour
[10:07] Lilith Ivory: as we care quorate we can start if you want
[10:07] Lilith Ivory: I don´t have much time either
[10:08] Lilith Ivory: did you all have the agenda which is behind me in the box?
[10:09] Callipygian Christensen: yes
[10:09] Soro Dagostino: Move approval
[10:10] Lilith Ivory: I call this meeting to order and would like to have a second to approve the agenda
[10:10] Lilith Ivory: looks like we all are a bit in a hurry today
[10:12] Lilith Ivory: can I have a second please?
[10:12] Callipygian Christensen: I thought Soro had..Ill second
[10:12] Lilith Ivory: he has moved
[10:13] Lilith Ivory: all in favour to approve the agenda say aye please
[10:13] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:13] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:13] Soro Dagostino: Aye.
[10:13] Lilith Ivory: thank you :)

[10:13] Lilith Ivory: first agenda item - New business:
[10:14] Lilith Ivory: (hi Vic)
[10:14] Lilith Ivory: as you all know we have six candidates running for one of five seats in the next RA
[10:14] Lilith Ivory: that means we will have real elections again
[10:15] Vic Mornington (victor1st.mornington): \o/
[10:15] Lilith Ivory: our procedures say that one SC member collects the email agresses of all citizens who are qualified to vote while another SC member double checks and adds them to the Opavote website
[10:16] Callipygian Christensen: I'll collect the addresses
[10:16] Lilith Ivory: ok thank you Calli
[10:16] Lilith Ivory: so I will run opavote
[10:17] Lilith Ivory: I think there is no further discussion needed :)

[10:18] Lilith Ivory: the next agenda item is appointing of a new content Archivist as Widget has left us a while ago
[10:19] Lilith Ivory: Soro has suggested Emilia but as she will be out next chancellor now I would like to move we appoint Han as she has offered her support
[10:19] Soro Dagostino: Second that nomination.
[10:19] Lilith Ivory: the content arcivist act is behind me in the box too if one needs more info
[10:19] Emilia Dagostino (emilia.avindar): smiles
[10:20] Lilith Ivory: are there other nominations (Calli?) or can we vote?
[10:20] Callipygian Christensen: I am fine to vote
[10:20] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:20] Callipygian Christensen: I assume Han has read the requirements and agrees to them :)
[10:20] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held): Yes, to both Calli :)
[10:20] Lilith Ivory: all in favour to appoint Han Held as our new content archivist say aye please
[10:20] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:20] Soro Dagostino: Aye.
[10:21] Soro Dagostino: aye
[10:21] Lilith Ivory: I will work with Han to fill her in and finally create this second Alt for our content
[10:21] Soro Dagostino: Ooops,
[10:21] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:21] Lilith Ivory: looks like this motion has carried :)
[10:21] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held): Thank you, I'll do my best :)
[10:21] Lilith Ivory: congrats Han
[10:22] Soro Dagostino: Welcome Han.

[10:22] Lilith Ivory: next we come to Administrative business
[10:23] Lilith Ivory: has anyone heard from Coop in the meantime?
[10:23] Callipygian Christensen: I would like to speak to this and propose
[10:23] Lilith Ivory: yes please Calli
[10:23] Lilith Ivory: you have the floor
[10:24] Callipygian Christensen: The position of Dean is held by a simple majority vote. We appointed Lilith to act pro tem at the last election, meaning that the official Dean has been inactive now for 6 months at least.
[10:24] Callipygian Christensen: Reveiwing group membership shows his last time in world as the end of May.
[10:25] Soro Dagostino: No word from him in that time?
[10:25] Callipygian Christensen: While I hope he is well and that whatever has kept him away is not any of many things none of us would want to consider, we do need to have an official and functioning full Dean in place.
[10:26] Soro Dagostino: raises hand.
[10:26] Callipygian Christensen: I propose we make Lilith the full Dean at this time, removing Coop from the position as a result. This appointment would stand for the coming term and elections would then be held in June 2020
[10:27] Callipygian Christensen: We can also , should we choose, vote to remove Coop from the SC, but if we intend to do so, I think we should state that now and vote on it at the next meeting.
[10:27] Callipygian Christensen: done for Soro to speak?
[10:28] Lilith Ivory: Soro after Calli is done :)
[10:28] Soro Dagostino: I just want it noted that all three of the quorate members have been the Dean in the past.
[10:29] Lilith Ivory nods
[10:29] Callipygian Christensen: As has Aliasi many many moons ago
[10:29] Lilith Ivory: indeed :)
[10:30] Lilith Ivory: are you done Soro?
[10:30] Soro Dagostino: Ingrown toenails.
[10:30] Soro Dagostino: Smile.
[10:30] Soro Dagostino: Done.
[10:30] Lilith Ivory: thank you Soro and Calli
[10:31] Callipygian Christensen: Do you want it worded as a motion Lilith?
[10:31] Lilith Ivory: I think your proposal works very well as a motion and I would gladly accept if Soro seconds :)
[10:32] Soro Dagostino: Second!
[10:32] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:32] Lilith Ivory: I think we should get past the dean election first and vote on what to do with Coop as a member of the SC afterwards
[10:33] Soro Dagostino: Agree
[10:33] Callipygian Christensen: agreed, please place it on the next agenda
[10:33] Lilith Ivory: all in favour to make me dean till june 2020 say aye please
[10:33] Lilith Ivory: I will for sure
[10:33] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:33] Soro Dagostino: Aye, Aye, Aye!!!
[10:33] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:34] Lilith Ivory: motion carried
[10:34] Lilith Ivory: thank you for your trust in me :)
[10:35] Lilith Ivory: I just want to add that Coops parcel went in arrear this week and if he does not come online to pay his tier during the next few weeks the problem of removing him from office will solve itself.
[10:35] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): exactly
[10:36] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): and I will move legally but swiftly
[10:36] Lilith Ivory: If he comes online till we have our next meeting hopefully in december and contacts one of the SC memebrs I would be willing to have him keep his office
[10:36] Lilith Ivory: we will see what the next month brings
[10:36] Lilith Ivory: done
[10:37] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): are you asking me to hold off on eviction?
[10:37] Soro Dagostino: Raises hand
[10:37] Lilith Ivory: I ask you to treat Coop like any other member of your community
[10:37] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held): If he comes back, great, if not...then not.
[10:37] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) nods
[10:37] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held): That's my read
[10:37] Lilith Ivory: Soro?
[10:38] Soro Dagostino: Going to push for that treatment. We need to hear from him.
[10:39] Lilith Ivory: let´s table this till next meeting as Calli suggested and see what happens in the meantime
[10:39] Soro Dagostino: So Move.
[10:39] Lilith Ivory smiles

[10:40] Lilith Ivory: before I move to find a time for our next meeting I would to ask my fellow SC members if it would be possible to get a waiver to stay ative as EM so I can support our new chancellor with setting land for sale as long as we don´t have enough active EMs around
[10:41] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): HUGS
[10:41] Soro Dagostino: Nah! I am a second. Call for the vote.
[10:41] Lilith Ivory: last term it was only me, Rosie and Han besides the chancellor and as content archivist Han is supposed to stay out of other activities too
[10:42] Lilith Ivory: is there need for discussion?
[10:42] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held): (I'm still an EM though? As I read it? we can talk later when it's appropriate))
[10:42] Lilith Ivory: yes Han :)
[10:42] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held) smiles
[10:42] Lilith Ivory: the dean has to be an EM too but due to seperation of powers the dean is normally not allowed to act as EM
[10:43] Lilith Ivory: thats why I am asking permission :)
[10:43] Callipygian Christensen: sorry..got called away
[10:43] Lilith Ivory: wb Calli :)
[10:43] Soro Dagostino: Move that such permission be granted.
[10:44] Soro Dagostino: Lilith to be permitted to be an EM.
[10:44] Lilith Ivory: act as EM :)
[10:44] Soro Dagostino: Ok.
[10:44] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:44] Soro Dagostino: aye.
[10:44] Lilith Ivory: thank you Calli
[10:44] Lilith Ivory: and Soro
[10:45] Lilith Ivory: aye :)
[10:45] Lilith Ivory: motion carried
[10:45] Soro Dagostino: Same Motion as to Han.
[10:45] Lilith Ivory: next agenda item - when will we meet again?
[10:46] Lilith Ivory: what about the first saturday of december?
[10:46] Soro Dagostino: Excuse please, Han as EM.
[10:46] Callipygian Christensen: I am away next weekend, and the first weekend in December
[10:46] Lilith Ivory: what would you suggest Calli?
[10:47] Lilith Ivory: Saturday the 7th december?
[10:47] Lilith Ivory: or do we need to meet in Nov again for something election related??
[10:47] Callipygian Christensen: Soro, the Content Archivist is required to be an EM
[10:48] Callipygian Christensen: I am away that weekend in December
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: ah ok
[10:48] Soro Dagostino: OH?! I read that wrong -- I thought she could not be an EM.
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: saturday the 30th nov?
[10:48] Callipygian Christensen: ok..preferably earlier please
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: fime with me
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: 9am?
[10:49] Soro Dagostino: Agree with that.
[10:49] Callipygian Christensen: is 8 AM too early for you Soro?
[10:49] Soro Dagostino: I'll be groggy.
[10:50] Soro Dagostino: BUT -- given it's me, that might be best!
[10:50] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:50] Callipygian Christensen: then 9, but again, that will mean I only have an hour so we'll need to be efficient :)
[10:51] Lilith Ivory: as far as I can see we don´t have much to do at the moment anyway
[10:51] Lilith Ivory: I am fine with either time
[10:51] Lilith Ivory: so can we vote for saturday dec 30, 9am slt?
[10:51] Callipygian Christensen: I thought it was Nov
[10:52] Soro Dagostino: Ok kiddos, 0800.
[10:52] Lilith Ivory: sorry yes Nov :)
[10:52] Lilith Ivory: I move we meet on saturday the 30 november at 8 am slt
[10:52] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:52] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:52] Soro Dagostino: aye. And a bottle of Grog.
[10:52] Lilith Ivory: heheh
[10:53] Callipygian Christensen: although we really dont need to vote, you can just call a meeting :)
[10:53] Lilith Ivory: can I have a motion to adjourn this meeting?
[10:54] Soro Dagostino: OH why? We are having soooo much fun!
[10:54] Lilith Ivory: lol
[10:54] Callipygian Christensen: move to adjourn
[10:54] Soro Dagostino: Second.
[10:54] Lilith Ivory: all in favour vote aye please
[10:54] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[10:54] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:54] Soro Dagostino: aye.
[10:54] Lilith Ivory: thank you all for coming :)
[10:55] Lilith Ivory: I call this meeting adjourned
[10:55] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held): Thank you for putting your trust in me :)
[10:55] Hannah Marie DeLaCruz-Tempest (han.held): as I say, I'll do my best :)
[10:55] Lilith Ivory: afk for a second to safe the transcript
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Post Reply

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”