Extraordinary meeting Saturday May 25 - Transcript

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Extraordinary meeting Saturday May 25 - Transcript

Post by Lilith Ivory »

[09:17] Callipygian Christensen: Hi Aliaasi - glad you made it, I know your schedule makes it hard
[09:17] Callipygian Christensen: ok - since I pulled the trigger on this meeting, I guess I will begin and call us to order
[09:17] Aliasi Stonebender: funny this was the easiest possible day. just made the mistake of napping. let's do it.
[09:17] Soro Dagostino: Welcome Aliasi.
[09:18] Callipygian Christensen: Welcome citizens, SC members, and thank you for attending on short notice.
[09:18] Callipygian Christensen: Our procedures allow for the calling of such a meeting, and I have done so to address the absence of the current Dean.
[09:18] Lilith Ivory is taking the transcript
[09:18] Callipygian Christensen: Thank you Lilith.
[09:18] Lilith Ivory smiles
[09:19] Callipygian Christensen: It is my understanding from Coop's partner that he has been very ill, but I have no word from Coop at all to indicate his health or his situation that has him 'missingin action'.
[09:20] Callipygian Christensen: I don't believe anyone else has heard from him either.
[09:20] Lilith Ivory: I haven´t
[09:21] Callipygian Christensen: I am not going to presume or assume anything related to his health or well-being, other than to hope that whatever is going on resolves itself positively and soon.
[09:21] Aliasi Stonebender: certainly not I.
[09:21] Soro Dagostino: I have not. Tried to connect with him, he didn't answer me.
[09:23] Callipygian Christensen: We are however a government body and need to be able to conduct business, even though things are thankfully peaceful and quiet right now. Lilith and I ran the election that has just completed, because it had to be done, but I think the preference of everyone is to have someone 'officially' in the role ofDean, pro tempore, until such time as we establis what is happening with Coop.
[09:23] Callipygian Christensen: ANy comments or thoughts from SC members?
[09:24] Aliasi Stonebender: I mean, the rules of the SC past those set constitutionally are pretty much the SC's business.
[09:24] Lilith Ivory: I agree we need someone to receive challenges and such so the SC can react in time and no challenge gets lost
[09:25] Soro Dagostino: All of the present members of the SC have served as Dean.
[09:26] Callipygian Christensen: Ok - then I think we are in agreement. I call for nominations for the roleof Dean Pro Tempore, until such time as the current Dean
[09:26] Callipygian Christensen: 's situation is resolved.
[09:26] Soro Dagostino: I nominate Lilith.
[09:27] Callipygian Christensen: thank you Soro.
[09:27] Lilith Ivory: I accept the nomination :)
[09:27] Aliasi Stonebender: is this the sort of thing you need to second? Because I'll second it
[09:27] Callipygian Christensen: Second call - any further nominations for Dean Pro Tempore?
[09:27] Aliasi Stonebender: here's a nice shiny bell, the cat is right over there.
[09:27] Callipygian Christensen: No, we figue=re out if there are any other potential victi..umm..candidates, then vote if needed :)
[09:28] Lilith Ivory: oh?? did I just hear victim? *looks for a hidding place ;-)
[09:28] Soro Dagostino: Smile.
[09:28] Lilith Ivory: (kidding)
[09:28] Callipygian Christensen: Hearing no other nominations, I ask Lilith - Lilith, are you willing to stand as Dean Pro Tempore?
[09:28] Lilith Ivory: yes I am
[09:29] Soro Dagostino: That's so good to hear.
[09:29] Callipygian Christensen: Thank you - while there is only one nominee I will still ask the SC members to vote aye or nay for this appointment.
[09:29] Callipygian Christensen: Aye
[09:29] Soro Dagostino: Aye
[09:29] Long Range: Cathy Sabre 45m
[09:30] Close Range: Cathy Sabre 29m
[09:30] Callipygian Christensen: Aliasi?
[09:30] Lilith Ivory: Aye
[09:30] Chat Range: Cathy Sabre 17m
[09:31] Aliasi Stonebender: aye
[09:31] Callipygian Christensen: thank you all
[09:31] Lilith Ivory: Thank you for voting for me :)
[09:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) giggles
[09:31] Callipygian Christensen: It is unanimous - thank you. Lilith is elected Dean Protem.
[09:31] Soro Dagostino: Welcome back.
[09:31] Lilith Ivory smiles
[09:32] Callipygian Christensen: Thank you to those citizens attending - do any of you have questions or comment before we adjourn?
[09:32] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Just PHEW!
[09:32] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): and thank you Lilith
[09:32] Lilith Ivory: my first action will be to swear in the new / old chancellor and the new RA on wednesday at 13:00 slt
[09:33] Lilith Ivory: should we agree on having a regular meeting sometimes soon?
[09:34] Callipygian Christensen: For today we only had one agenda item and its done. Why not schedule once you have time to see what people's summer looks like?
[09:34] Lilith Ivory: ok I will do that :)
[09:35] Aliasi Stonebender: alright then.
[09:35] Callipygian Christensen: SC members..anything further?
[09:35] Soro Dagostino: Who can find out what happened to Coop?
[09:36] Callipygian Christensen: Soro, Lilith and I will continue to try tomake contact
[09:36] Callipygian Christensen: If there is nothing further, I move to adjourn.
[09:36] Soro Dagostino: Ok, that's good.
[09:36] Aliasi Stonebender: Perhaps, at least, this can be some opportunity. This is something that is going to happen in various ways.
[09:36] Aliasi Stonebender: Life steps in.
[09:36] Soro Dagostino: Second.
[09:37] Lilith Ivory: to my knowing he takes care about staying current with his tier so I think he wants to come back
[09:37] Callipygian Christensen: Exactly Aliasi, so we see where it ends up
[09:37] Callipygian Christensen: Do I have a second to adjourn please?
[09:37] Lilith Ivory: I second :)
[09:37] Soro Dagostino: I did.
[09:37] Lilith Ivory: right
[09:38] Callipygian Christensen: all in favour
[09:38] Lilith Ivory: aye
[09:39] Soro Dagostino: Pleasure to see you all today.
[09:39] Callipygian Christensen: Aye. oh..well we have sconds of seconds ..thank you all, We are adjourned

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”