SC meeting Feb 28, transcript

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Agenda:
Resignation of the Dean ND 10 min
Election of Dean 10 min
Review of Estate Bans SD 20 min
Next meeting 5 min

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliasi Stonebender: okay, let's call this meeting to order.
Aliasi Stonebender: first order of business is my resignation. As the last couple of months have shown, I'm having trouble with the extra layer of duties required of the Dean, and my schedule is a mess.
Aliasi Stonebender: Therefore, I've decided to resign. I am not leaving the SC, but someone else needs to wave the baton for a bit.
Soro Dagostino: Happy to see your going to stay and take your punishment!
Aliasi Stonebender: heh. well, at the very least, we'd need to induct a replacement or two before I felt good about it.
Lilith Ivory: yes I?m glad too you stay as I always appreciated your input
Aliasi Stonebender: so, that leaves us to the next item of business. Nominating a new dean. I imagine Cali is not eager to step back into that tiger pit, and I'm out for obvious reasons. So of whom remains, do we have nominations?
Soro Dagostino: Raises hand.
Callipygian Christensen: I nominate Lilith, if she will stand
Lilith Ivory: I would be willing to stand for dean :)
Soro Dagostino: I second that.
Aliasi Stonebender: okay, good. I don't have any better ideas. So let's vote. All for Lilith Ivory as dean?
Soro Dagostino: Aye.
Callipygian Christensen: aye
Aliasi Stonebender: aye
Lilith Ivory: aye lol
Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
DanteAffinity83 Resident: clap clap clap
Soro Dagostino: WOOOOOT!!!!
Lilith Ivory: thank you for trusting me I will be able to handle this :)
Aliasi Stonebender: the ayes have it, so looks like you're stuck. Although I suppose I should finish out the current meeting?
Aliasi Stonebender: Not that it's much to discuss. We just need to review the recent estate bans.
Callipygian Christensen: I tried to type congratulations but auto correct changed it to 'commisserations'..fancy that :)
Lilith Ivory: ah and it might be good to have a secretary and new deam pro temp
Lilith Ivory: /me grins at Calli
Aliasi Stonebender: That's fair.
Lilith Ivory: any vict .. volunteers?
Aliasi Stonebender: I don't mind filling in as dean when you can't attend, lilith. It's just the regular scheduling and coordination I haven't been able to handle.
Callipygian Christensen: Perhaps waiting to see if Arria might be interested in either or both?
Lilith Ivory: /me nods
Lilith Ivory: I have no problem posting the transcripts myself and Arria already agreed to do the portal postings
Aliasi Stonebender: /me nods.
Lilith Ivory: so if you don?t mind I would gladly have you as my dean pro temp Aliasi if all are ok with that
Callipygian Christensen: works for me
Soro Dagostino: Claps!
Aliasi Stonebender: alright, accepted.
Lilith Ivory: /me smiles
Aliasi Stonebender: so, with that in mind. have we even received any appeals to any of the bans? I don't believe I have.
Callipygian Christensen: I have not received any request to appeal
Lilith Ivory: I didn?t get anything too
Soro Dagostino: I've seen nothing but loose chatter in the forums.
Soro Dagostino: Nothing in writing.
Aliasi Stonebender: Mmmhm. Honestly, most of them look like fairly routine things. Banning people trying to tie up parcels, and so forth. The only remotely controversial one might be Jerry's, but I don't believe he's asked for it to be lifted. Still, if anyone has anything to bring up...?
Callipygian Christensen: I think all the bans placed have reasonable cause and suggest we uphold them until such time as a request is made to remove them, at which point we review again
Soro Dagostino: That's reasonable.
Lilith Ivory: I fully agree with Calli
Aliasi Stonebender: Okay, so... all bans done to date are upheld. Correct? Is this everyone's opinion?
Soro Dagostino: Aye
Lilith Ivory: aye
Aliasi Stonebender: Alright, easy enough. So all that remains is to get an idea of our next meeting. Lilith, I believe as our new dean it's most appropriate for you to lead this discussion.
Lilith Ivory: /me smiles
Lilith Ivory: as we have not met for quite a while now I would suggest we meet in 14 days again so we can deal with all what is still pending
Aliasi Stonebender: That seems reasonable. We don't have a vast torrent of built-up business but we do have a bit.
Callipygian Christensen: /me nods - I am fine with that
Lilith Ivory: how does march 12th or 13th sound for you?
Soro Dagostino: Sunday 3/13?
Lilith Ivory: yes if we can agree on this date
Lilith Ivory: at 8am or 9am
Aliasi Stonebender: should be fine.
Callipygian Christensen: I prefer 8 AM but 9 would be ok too
Lilith Ivory: 8 am is more than fine for me too
Soro Dagostino: For some of us, its the first day of Daylight Savings time.
Lilith Ivory: yikes, good to know
Aliasi Stonebender: oh, yes, spring forward and all that
Soro Dagostino: Let's make it 0900?
Lilith Ivory: fine with me too
Lilith Ivory: Aliasi?
Aliasi Stonebender: sure.
Lilith Ivory: ok , let?s meet on sunday march 13 at 9am slt than
Lilith Ivory: all in favor?
Lilith Ivory: aye
Lilith Ivory: if there is nothing else to take care about at the moment I think we can adjourn this meeting for today
Lilith Ivory: all in favor?
Rosie Gray: /me notes that we have lost Soro
Lilith Ivory: /me has noticed that too but wonders if it makes sense to wait if he comes back
Lilith Ivory: ah here
Lilith Ivory: wb Soro
Callipygian Christensen: aye to adjuorning
Soro Dagostino: Sorry, system crashed.
Lilith Ivory: aaawwww
Lilith Ivory: we were waiting for your aye for meeting next on sunday march 13 at 9am slt
Lilith Ivory: and are about to adjourn now
Soro Dagostino: Aye
Lilith Ivory: we are adjourned I think

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”