Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Petition from Felicia Fortune

Post by Callipygian »

The following petition was received:

I would like to petition the Scientific Council to rule on whether or not the Chancellor has the power to swap public lands with privately owned and lands vice versa.

This question is currently being debated in the forums concerning a parcel of historical importance known as the "Antiquariat", located in the Marketplatz of the Neufreistadt sim.

On the CDS Forum, the Chancellor has announced his intentions to swap this parcel with the adjacent "CDS Information Center" parcel (parcels of two different sizes) and sites CDS Constitution the instrument that gives him this power. In this thread, the Chancellor sites Section 2, paragraphs (a) and (e) of the CDS Constitution. The discussion and his claims can be found here:

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 545#p38829

However, I believe the Chancellor is in violation of

CDSL 21-05 Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act, under Part 1, Section 3, paragraph 4:
"Parcel abandoned (ownership terminated) via Hippo only Forty-eight hours after land abandonment the Chancellor may reclaim the land and reset the hippo box for sale. Reclamation should always be completed within seven days of parcel abandonment. (see Part Two for exceptions.)"
It has now been 11 days and I don't believe that exceptions in Part Two of this law cover this particular situation.

If CDSL 21-05 is not in conflict with the CDS constitution, then should the Chancellor be compelled to follow it? Or does the Constitution actually grant Chancellors this right to ignore this law?

If the Chancellor does have this right, what is to stop him/her from swapping any public with private parcels he/she sees fit?

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Sincerely,

Felicia Fortune
CDS Citizen

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”