Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

SC meeting Sat, Dec 13 Transcript

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Agenda

1. Ban review : review of ban of Cleopatra Xigalia by the Chancellor

2. Appointment of new Content Archivist, replacing Aliasi Stonebender

3. Discussion: propose changes to NL 7-10 IP Licensing and Content Archivist Act

4. Report on draft procedures for hearings

5. Next meeting

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transcript

[08:02] Vintage RCA meeting recorder: Recording begun
[08:02] Vintage RCA meeting recorder: Note: Meeting in progress - all local chat in this area may be recorded for publication
[08:03] Callipygian Christensen: Item 1:
[08:03] Callipygian Christensen: Review of estate ban of Cleopatra Xigalia, placed by the Chancellor
[08:04] Callipygian Christensen: We are required to review all bans within 28 days and either uphold or rescind.
[08:05] Callipygian Christensen: In the case of non-citizens the SC has traditonally only considered rescinding a ban when a request has been recieved from the avatar in question.
[08:05] Callipygian Christensen: No such request has been received in this case.
[08:06] Callipygian Christensen: The Chancellor has indicated that he understands the ban would be lifted for attendance at hearings.
[08:07] Callipygian Christensen: One such hearing is already in place to occcur
[08:07] Callipygian Christensen: This is open discussin time for SC members - and we will fllow that with a vote to uphold or rescind the ban
[08:08] Callipygian Christensen: If we vote to uphold, we will then place a time limit on the ban for future review.
[08:08] Callipygian Christensen: SC members - your opinions please.
[08:09] Lilith Ivory: as there has been no request to lift the ban I think we should uphold it
[08:10] Callipygian Christensen: thank you Lilith
[08:10] Arria (arria.perreault): I agree with Lilith.
[08:11] Callipygian Christensen: Soro?
[08:11] Soro (soro.dagostino): To the extent the banned person has made no effort to challenge, then the matter is moot.
[08:12] Lilith Ivory: Hi Aliasi
[08:12] Callipygian Christensen: thank you Arria and Soro
[08:12] Mega (aliasi.stonebender): (Hello, sorry for tardiness - alarm didn't go off)
[08:12] Callipygian Christensen: ALiasi, we are about to vote touphold or rescind the ban on Cleopatra Xigalia, placed by the Chancellor
[08:13] Callipygian Christensen: let me IM you the preamble
[08:14] Mega (aliasi.stonebender) nods.
[08:14] Callipygian Christensen: ALiasi -go ahead and give any comment or opinion when you are ready
[08:16] Mega (aliasi.stonebender): Seems fairly open and shut to me. The circumstances make it a little unusual, but it's not in principle any different than banning someone trying to crash a sim or disrupt use of one, which we do on occasion. Cleo further does not seem to wish to rejoin the community or press for it to be reversed, so it stands.
[08:16] Callipygian Christensen: Thank you Aliasi. there being no disagreement apparent, I motion that we uphold the ban placed on Cleopatra Xigalia until the scheduled hearing occurs.
[08:17] Catz Jewell Lane (catz.jewell): could I please get a tp?
[08:17] Callipygian Christensen: Will someone second?
[08:17] Catz Jewell Lane (catz.jewell): sorry got lost
[08:17] Lilith Ivory: I second
[08:18] Callipygian Christensen: Any further discussion?
[08:18] Arria (arria.perreault): not for me
[08:18] Catz Jewell Lane (catz.jewell): Yes
[08:18] Lilith Ivory: not from me either
[08:19] Catz Jewell Lane (catz.jewell): I just want to say I agree with Cleo's banning, thank you
[08:19] Callipygian Christensen: Seeing none I call the question: SC members please vote on the motion
[08:19] Lilith Ivory: aye
[08:19] Mega (aliasi.stonebender): aye
[08:19] Callipygian Christensen: aye
[08:20] Soro (soro.dagostino): aye
[08:20] Callipygian Christensen: Arria?
[08:21] Arria (arria.perreault): aye
[08:21] Soro (soro.dagostino): brb -- warming coffee.
[08:21] Callipygian Christensen: motion carries unamimously, and the estate ban on Cleopatra Xigailia is upheld until such time as the scheduled hearing.
[08:22] Callipygian Christensen: Item 2: appointment of a new Content Archivist to replace Aliasi
[08:22] Callipygian Christensen: ALiasi, would you confirm that you are stepping down voluntraily? :)

Aliasi Stonebender: I am. sharing the two positions always bothered me a bit and it's not like in Sudane's case where there's a lot of bother in moving the account over.
Callipygian Christensen: /me nods, thankyou Aliasi, for your service.
Callipygian Christensen: SC members received a request to consider replacements for this position.
Callipygian Christensen: Therefore I open nominations for psition of Content Archivist and nominate Widget Whiteberry
Callipygian Christensen: Is there a second for that nomination?
Arria Perreault: second
Callipygian Christensen: thank you Arria
Callipygian Christensen: Are there any other nominees that SC members would like to bring forward?
Aliasi Stonebender: Not I.
Lilith Ivory: not from me
Callipygian Christensen: Hearing none I then call for the vote
Callipygian Christensen: SC members, please vote on the nomination of Widget as Content Archivist
Aliasi Stonebender: aye
Lilith Ivory: aye
Callipygian Christensen: aye
Soro Dagostino: Aye
Callipygian Christensen: Arria?
Callipygian Christensen: Not sure if Arria is having connection issues or is on a tablet- the motion carries with 4 votes cast
Callipygian Christensen: I will coordinate with Aliasi and Widget to arrange the transfer of the account.
Lilith Ivory: /me raises her hand
Callipygian Christensen: yes Lilith?
Arria Perreault: aye
Lilith Ivory: I just want to add - again - that our community should think about creating a new Avatar to hold the real CDS content while keeping Archie for the Estate Manager team to work with
Callipygian Christensen: Lilith..that is part of the next item on the agenda :)
Lilith Ivory: /me smiles
Callipygian Christensen: So next item, 3. changes to NL 7-10 IP Licensing and Content Archivist Act
Callipygian Christensen: NL 7-10 is, as so many older laws, badly outdated.
Callipygian Christensen: Since we are tasked with appointing and supervising the Contant Archivist, it seems logical and practical that we propose the necessary amendments to this law.
Callipygian Christensen: I propose that we draft such amendments and post for RA review, editing etc.
Callipygian Christensen: Lilith - since you have already stated an item of concern, would you participate?
Lilith Ivory: yes of course :)
Callipygian Christensen: Do any other SC members wish to work on this?
Arria Perreault: Not me ...
Soro Dagostino: /me raises hand.
Aliasi Stonebender: Well, I'm not sure it'd be appropriate, given I'd held the position, but I'll consult as needed.
Callipygian Christensen: Soro - for a question or to participate?
Soro Dagostino: Consent to participate.
Callipygian Christensen: Consulting on questions would be helpful Aliasi..thak you.
Callipygian Christensen: Ok - Soro, Liith and I will work on this, and will seek input from the current and past Chancellors regarding best practises for the content archives.
Callipygian Christensen: ok..on to item 4: report on draft procedures for hearings
Callipygian Christensen: I have started on the draft for both hearings re: citizens and hearings of ipeachment.
Callipygian Christensen: RL has not been overly cooperative however, but I hope to have them fully edited for circulation before the holidays
Callipygian Christensen: My intention is to circulate them to SC members for comment and any further editing before posting them on the Forums.
Callipygian Christensen: If circulated or review over the christmas holidays, am hoping we can vote on those precedures at our next meeting.

[08:46] Arria (arria.perreault): Fine for me
[08:46] Callipygian Christensen: SC members, any thoughts, questions, concerns on those timelines etc?
[08:46] Soro (soro.dagostino): Are you giving yourself enough time?
[08:47] Callipygian Christensen: I think so Soro - the rough draft os both is done, so a matter of cleaning up and checking for completeness
[08:48] Soro (soro.dagostino): k
[08:48] Callipygian Christensen: (all grandchild christmas concerts are now completed and I have time free :)
[08:48] Lilith Ivory smiles
[08:49] Callipygian Christensen: Ok..then that is dealt with..final item - Next meeting (barring the need for any extraordinary meeting)
[08:49] Callipygian Christensen: Would Sat Jan 17 work..or Sunday Jan 18?
[08:50] Arria (arria.perreault): both times are fine for me
[08:50] Lilith Ivory stares into her crystal ball .... seems to be fine for me too
[08:51] Soro (soro.dagostino): Taped into my Evernote.
[08:51] Callipygian Christensen: Then we will go with Sunday Jan 18 at 8 AM SLT?
[08:51] Lilith Ivory: fine for me :)
[08:51] Soro (soro.dagostino): kk
[08:52] Callipygian Christensen: s it is then
[08:52] Mega (aliasi.stonebender): okay.
[08:52] Mega (aliasi.stonebender): uif anything comes up between now and then I'll advise.
[08:52] Callipygian Christensen: thank you all for an incredibly efficient meeting :)
[08:52] Callipygian Christensen: and thank you to all of you citizens who attended :)
[08:53] Arria (arria.perreault): Thank you for chairing it efficiently :-)
[08:53] Callipygian Christensen: moe to adjourn
[08:53] Arria (arria.perreault): second
[08:53] Callipygian Christensen: move as well
[08:53] Callipygian Christensen: all in favour?
[08:53] Lilith Ivory: aye
[08:53] Soro (soro.dagostino): aye

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”