Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Petition for Banishment of Cleopatra Xigalia - Murakami

Post by Callipygian »

The following petition was received from Patroklus Murakami:

Petition to Bar Cleopatra Xigalia (her alt ‘ThePrincess Parisi’ and any other alts) from Citizenship in CDS

I, Patroklus Murakami, as a citizen of CDS request the Scientific Council to use NL4-24 Defense of the Republic Act to bar Cleopatra Xigalia (AKA ThePrincess Parisi) from citizenship in the CDS. This should apply to Cleopatra and to any alts she may use. This petition presents evidence that would give the Scientific Council cause to believe that Cleopatra “will not abide by the Constitution, founding documents and laws of the City.”

The DotR Act requires such bans to be time-limited. I would hope the SC would ban Cleo for a period of not less than ten years and rather for considerably more given the evidence presented here of the damage she has done in the CDS.

In order to prevent Cleo from circumventing this process by purchasing a plot in the CDS and becoming a citizen again before the SC can reach a decision, I have banned Cleo from all regions of the CDS. This ban will, of course, be lifted temporarily for Cleo to attend any hearing that might be held. I have communicated this to Cleo via notecard and IM.

Rationale
1. Cleo posted a KKK Picture to the Democracy Wall.
Link: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5897

The evidence for this was presented in the petition from Delia Lake and others to the Scientific Council in the link above.

As described in Delia's petition, this act was a contravention of the Linden Labs Terms of Service, of Cleo's oath to uphold the Constitution and against the rules set up to regulate use of the 'Democracy Wall'. Cleo did this while a serving member of the Representative Assembly. She should have known better but did it anyway.

2. Cleo posted Unsubstantiated Allegations in CDS Group Chat about a Candidate for Election
Link: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4773

The evidence of this was presented in the forum thread linked to above.

Cleo made three unsubstantiated allegations about a candidate (me) in the Chancellor by-election. These were damaging accusations which could have affected the outcome of the subsequent by-election and then general election. Cleo has never provided any evidence to back up these claims despite being challenged to do so.

This kind of defamation is a contravention of the Linden Labs Terms of Service Article 6.1 (iv): "You agree that you will not: Post, display, or transmit Content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libelous, false, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person's privacy".

3. Cleo deliberately deprived a new citizen of the right to vote
Link: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6123

The evidence for this was laid out in an SC meeting linked to above.

Cleo put herself in the situation where she held one parcel via land ownership (but was not paying tier on the Hippo box on the parcel) and had sold another to a new citizen but had not yet relinquished control of the Hippo box. She then tried to use this combination as a reason for retaining citizenship. By doing so she deliberately disenfranchised a new citizen.

As someone familiar with the laws of the CDS and a legislator over many terms Cleo was fully aware of the consequences of her actions and chose to argue that a new citizen should be disenfranchised rather than accept that she had allowed her citizenship to lapse.

4. Cleo has Regularly Disrupted Representative Assembly meetings while sitting as an elected representative.

Cleo has been elected to the Representative Assembly many times. On each occasion she has regularly disrupted proceedings by refusing to follow the RA Rules of Procedure, ignoring the directions given by the chair of the meeting and by making unsubstantiated allegations about others present which derail the meetings.

These actions demonstrate a pattern of behaviour and a consistent willingness to disrupt the work of the RA. There are many possible examples to draw on but I will highlight four, three from the past couple of years and one from her time on the RA under her alt 'ThePrincess Parisi' several years ago.

Examples:
16 October 2014
Link: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5891
Cleo continually interrupts, talks over other RA members, speaks out of turn despite repeated warnings from the Leader of the RA and makes a number of unsubstantiated allegations against her fellow RA members (Cadence, Rosie and Tor) and alleges they are colluding with the Scientific Council to prevent a new region from being added to CDS.

8 Sept 2014
Link: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5535
In this meeting Cleo makes accusations against her fellow RA members about 'stalling' on developing a new region. She also makes a specific unsubstantiated allegation that a fellow RA member is spreading unspecified lies about her.
[2014/09/08 22:45:25] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: yes i was told tor is going around cds stating untruths about me and the chanllors

14 Dec 2013
Link: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4243
Cleo disrupts the meeting by making unsubstantiated allegations against her fellow RA member Tor and a previous Chancellor - Trebor.
[2013/12/14 11:32] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: I have witnesssed Chancellors giving land to people they know. Shep. it can happen. we have no transparency i know of
[2013/12/14 11:36] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: Tor there was a time when you and Trebor given land to people to get the tier. we all know it, and i just want to make sure we have a system that doesnt allow anyone to do it.

Later, when challenged, Cleo admits she has no evidence in respect of the allegation she made against Trebor.
[2013/12/14 11:39] Shep (shep.titian): OK Moving on and yes Cleo will you withdraw your accusal?
[2013/12/14 11:40] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: not that i saw tor give a guy land for 1L no, i saw that, but i do have no proof at my fingertips that Trebor did it, but it was discussed as a viable option to get the tier, that is my point.

31 May 2008
Link: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1891
In this meeting, as 'ThePrincess Parisi', Cleo called Cindy a ‘liar’ in her confirmation hearing for the Scientific Council.
[2008/05/31 10:46] ThePrincess Parisi: how do i ask a question to a person who lies, and will twist the truth to her own side and is not NOT the person who will best serve CDS,
[2008/05/31 10:47] ThePrincess Parisi: she is the enemy within
[2008/05/31 10:47] ThePrincess Parisi: CDS

She continues to interrupt and barrack Cindy making a number of unsubstantiated allegations about her conduct. In the face of this continued refusal to follow the rules of procedure, the LRA Jamie Palisades asks for a vote to sanction her for interrupting continually.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”