Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Petition - Patroklus Murakami

Post by Lilith Ivory »

PETITION TO THE SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL

I would like to request that the SC consider whether the recent RA meeting held on 22 October at 5:30pm SLT was legally constituted in line with the RAs Rules of Procedure.

These state that:

"The Leader of the RA (LRA) will determine the proposed agenda for each meeting, and publish it on a notecard and on the forum at least 24 hours before each meeting."

Tor, acting as LRA pro tem, posted the notice for the meeting on the forums slightly less than 24 hours before the meeting at 5:43pm on 21 October. This notice did not, however, specify the agenda items.

The full agenda was only posted shortly before the meeting at 5:11pm.

Given that the RA meeting passed a Bill and a Constitutional Amendment, I would like the SC to rule on whether these actions stand, or need to be voted on again, taking into account the notice given for the meeting and the RA Rules of Procedure.

Patroklus Murakami
23 Oct 2014

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Petition - Patroklus Murakami

Post by Callipygian »

As the RA has scheduled a meeting , with posted agenda, to reconfirm the votes of the challenged meeting, Patroklus has agreed that this petition need not be heard.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”