Request for Injunction - Guillaume Mistwalker

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Request for Injunction - Guillaume Mistwalker

Post by Callipygian »

The following petition for an injunction on the acceptance of the Dougga sim has been received:

1. Whereas the Chancellor Ceasar Xigalia has announced that the Dougga sim proposal is completed and approved by his office, thus ready to be transfered and deeded to the CDS;

2. Whereas NL 8-4 reads:
"Further, the Chancellor shall facilitate and coordinate this process, and shall consult with the Building Approval Committee (BAC) of the New Guild when doing so. However, the BAC shall be advisory only, and that Chancellor shall have ultimate authority on matters relating to the implementation of this Act. The Chancellor may appoint a deputy to assist him or her with this process, or to run this process under his or her supervision;"

And whereas:
"with the Chancellor or BAC periodically inspecting the work and requesting modifications within the discretion of the Chancellor, but subject to appeal); upon completion, the Chancellor or the BAC will inspect and the Chancellor shall approve the sim as final or request additional work within two weeks of notice from the builder that the sim is final;"

3. Therefore, I petition the SC to allow the Sim Advisory Committee (so named by the Chancellor in lieu of the BAC of the New Guild) to formally sit and to inspect the sim upon its completion, which has not happened, and intercede on the deeding of the sim to the CDS.

This will be posted on SC Discussion for member's opinions.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Request for Injunction - Guillaume Mistwalker

Post by Callipygian »

While a 7-day injunction was granted in response to this petition, the subsequent withdrawal of the Dougga private development made the injunction or any further action moot.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”