Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Elections July 2006 — Preliminary results

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Dear citizens,

Sadly enough, our official "vote counter", Flyingroc Chung, is slightly busy/absent from Neufreistadt during the weekend (but will be available later), so I'm announcing the preliminary results, based on the "email backup system" that was devised for checking the vote count.

For clarification, this is a fully manual system, where every vote received was sent to a special mailbox, and that just shows the vote and the rankings of the members inside the factions. The vote is secret and there is no way to tie a particular email to a person.

Sadly, it also means "manually" counting, and copying & pasting data to an Excel worksheet that I had to do in a hurry :) which might naturally have human errors. Thus, these are just "preliminary results". I'm sure that Flyingroc's software just calculates all the correct results by pressing a button :)

We also know that one vote was received by the system but not counted, because of a misspelling of an avatar's name. So the end results might have a few more votes (although a simple simulation showed that there wouldn't be any radical changes to the results). Also, emails are fickle; they might have been filtered out by a spamming filter or something. But it's the best that we can do!

So, having all the above in consideration, here go the preliminary results:

Votes received: 26 (1 was invalidated by the system, and came blank)

CSDF: 10 votes
DPU: 16 votes

Internal ranking of factions:

CSDF:
Jon Seattle
Moon Adamant
Patroklus Murakami

DPU:
Claude Desmoulins
Justice Soothsayer
Pelanor Eldritch
Ranma Tardis
Rubaiyat Shatner

Using the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Lagu ... d:zvygqowj]Sainte-Laguë method[/url:zvygqowj] to assign seats to factions, it comes up with the following results:

Claude Desmoulins (DPU — seat #1 — next LRA and bench leader of DPU)
Jon Seattle (CSDF — seat #2 — bench leader of CSDF)
Justice Soothsayer (DPU — seat #3)
Moon Adamant (CSDF — seat #4)
Pelanor Eldritch (DPU — seat #5)

Congratulations to the DPU and to Claude on winning the elections again :) And naturally, congratulations on all the newly elected members of the RA, both to the "veterans" and a warm welcome to the ones serving for their first time!

Also, a special thanks to all the citizens that voted in these elections. Without your civic duty as voters, Neufreistadt's democracy would simply not work!

Additional thanks go to Flyingroc Chung and the trouble he had to create the voting system.

Apologies in advance for any incorrections; all errors on the above calculations are only mine (I'm not good at manual counting!), and hopefully we'll get the official and validated results soon.

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Official results are now out!

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Hello all,

After getting in touch with Flyingroc Chung, he confirmed with me that the results are correct, and they are now official.

Thank you again for your participation!

It's now time for the new RA members to discuss their "first meeting" by setting up the best time for everybody.

Congratulations again, and by personal best wishes to a successful new term!

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”