Guild meeting, redesign of the Amphitheater 8/11/2013

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Lilith Ivory
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Germany

Guild meeting, redesign of the Amphitheater 8/11/2013

Post by Lilith Ivory »

I apologize for not having time to write a summary yet.


[08:27] Chat Range: Rosie Gray [15m]
[08:27] Rosie Gray: hi everyone, so sorry to be late
[08:28] Callipygian Christensen: hi Rosie!
[08:28] Lilith Ivory: Hi Rosie :)
[08:28] Lilith Ivory: oh cool :)
[08:28] Lilith Ivory: (I nearly came as a demon today lol)
[08:28] Sudane Erato: haha
[08:28] Sudane Erato: a smaller dragon :)
[08:28] Lilith Ivory: but was thinking I might send the wrong signals ;-)
[08:28] Rosie Gray: yep, room sized
[08:29] Sudane Erato: hehe
[08:29] Rosie Gray: lol, Lilith
[08:29] Rosie Gray: so did you solve everything yet?
[08:29] Lilith Ivory: who lol?
[08:30] Sudane Erato: we've got everything decided!
[08:30] Sudane Erato: hehe
[08:30] Rosie Gray: excellent!
[08:30] Rosie Gray: :D
[08:30] Lilith Ivory: Tan apologizes for not coming btw but she has to cut a hedge in RL
[08:30] Rosie Gray nods
[08:30] Sudane Erato: damn hedges
[08:30] Sudane Erato: :)
[08:30] Lilith Ivory: lol yes!
[08:31] Rosie Gray: so, we are going to decide about the ampthitheatre
[08:31] Sudane Erato: well, at least discuss it... have we been charged with replacing it?
[08:31] Rosie Gray: I think we were to come up with a proposal
[08:31] Lilith Ivory: the main problem might be to find out what the people want to have inside of it
[08:32] Lilith Ivory: the last thing I knew was it should serve multible purposes
[08:32] Sudane Erato: btw, before I forget, all the chairs are moveable by anyone, so you can tweak how you're sitting
[08:32] Rosie Gray: and Tor had some parameters around it, I believe
[08:32] Callipygian Christensen: to be honest, I think the creation of rezzable variations is a lot of work that will see little use
[08:32] Sudane Erato: yes, and Alexia offered one of her 4 models pre-built
[08:33] Rosie Gray: yes
[08:33] Rosie Gray: I explained to her that it would need to be full perm, and would need to be modified probably, if one was suitable
[08:33] Callipygian Christensen: the whole uproar over the Virtual Reality thing can be easily avoided in any future incarnation by setting out 'guideliens for use' of public builds
[08:34] Sudane Erato: i agree
[08:34] Lilith Ivory: we have to keep in mind that it might be used more for discussion than for other events
[08:34] Rosie Gray: indeed
[08:34] Sudane Erato: i agree
[08:34] Lilith Ivory nods
[08:34] Callipygian Christensen: so personally I'd support an elegantly decayed traditional amphi right by the ocean :)
[08:35] Rosie Gray: we could install another one of those scenario rezzers, like the Kirche has
[08:35] Sudane Erato: :)... that would be neat :)
[08:35] Lilith Ivory wonders where we have an ocean
[08:35] Sudane Erato: yes
[08:35] Rosie Gray: heheh
[08:35] Rosie Gray: well another one of the things that Tor has suggested, is doing some terraforming
[08:35] Lilith Ivory: where is he btw?
[08:35] Rosie Gray: to bring the corner of the sim down some, closer to the water
[08:35] Sudane Erato: yes, Tor's idea was great I thought
[08:35] Callipygian Christensen: Rosie, it isnt clear to me though, that if a rezzer is in place, will that mean no other 'I want to hold an event and rez my own stuff' will be allowed?
[08:36] Rosie Gray: and have the ampthitheatre so that the audience faces 'the sea'
[08:36] Sudane Erato: Calli, the rezzor, like in the church, could just clear the stage
[08:36] Rosie Gray nods
[08:36] Rosie Gray: so we could have a couple of sets in it
[08:36] Callipygian Christensen: Rosie..that was what i was thinking by 'beside the ocean' :)
[08:36] Lilith Ivory: and if someone wants to use her/his own chairs seh/he has to take them back after the event
[08:37] Sudane Erato: yes... its a neat idea
[08:37] Rosie Gray: or you could rez nothing and put your own
[08:37] Sudane Erato: yes
[08:37] Sudane Erato: and also... the techies will tell us... if we shield all the textures and prims of CN by building it down and facing the ocean, performance will greatly improve
[08:38] Rosie Gray: good point!
[08:38] Callipygian Christensen: amphi in the very corner with an aqueduct running along the coast line into town
[08:38] Sudane Erato: i think that was a very neat thought
[08:38] Sudane Erato: yes, exactly
[08:38] Lilith Ivory: indeed :)
[08:38] Rosie Gray: right, and the aquaduct needs to be remade too
[08:39] Sudane Erato: actually... let's think for a moment...
[08:39] Sudane Erato: we could "finish" the whole north coast
[08:39] Sudane Erato: rather than have it cut off
[08:39] Lilith Ivory: great idea!
[08:39] Callipygian Christensen: so rezzable setups, if its for smaller talks etc - what about cushions, chaises, with a shade on poles over it..tres Roman
[08:39] Sudane Erato: the city could be a citadel on a cliff
[08:40] Sudane Erato: falling off to cliffs to the sea on either side
[08:40] Rosie Gray: sounds like you are talking about remodelling a lot of the sim that way, Sudane
[08:40] Sudane Erato: we'd have to change it if we ever expanded northwards
[08:40] Rosie Gray: I thought we could only really do that parcel
[08:40] Lilith Ivory: at the moment it does not look like we would expand quickly I think
[08:40] Sudane Erato: well, Rosie... only the amphitheatre parcel is affected in CN
[08:40] Rosie Gray holds no high hopes for expansion northwards
[08:40] Sudane Erato: since the rest of the north border is the city
[08:41] Sudane Erato: but then a re configured north border of LA would match that nicely
[08:42] Rosie Gray: we might still have to move the shore in a bit, to make it useful
[08:42] Rosie Gray: so, losing some land
[08:42] Callipygian Christensen: Ultimately it would be wonderful for the whole estate to have shoreline
[08:43] Sudane Erato: yes, we would... but not where the city walls are... they can drop into the sea like now
[08:43] Rosie Gray: right
[08:43] Sudane Erato: yes
[08:43] Callipygian Christensen: have all the edges be somewhat natural, and the whole coast navigable
[08:43] Lilith Ivory nods
[08:43] Rosie Gray: and what about up to the road?
[08:43] Sudane Erato: i agree... but we'd have to add more sims
[08:43] Rosie Gray: that would be nice Callli, but you couldn't really do it around NFS and Monastery
[08:43] Sudane Erato: which road?
[08:43] Rosie Gray: oh the road that ends there
[08:43] Rosie Gray: beside that parcel
[08:43] Lilith Ivory: the one which leat to AA once?
[08:43] Rosie Gray: welcome Tor
[08:44] Lilith Ivory: Hi Tor
[08:44] Rosie Gray: yes that one
[08:44] Sudane Erato: yes, the eastern edge would still cut off
[08:44] Sudane Erato: its the northern edge we could do nicely
[08:44] Tor Karlsvalt: Hi Lil Hi all
[08:44] Callipygian Christensen: make it a scenic overlook with steps down to a beach :)
[08:44] Sudane Erato: hey Tor :)
[08:44] Sudane Erato: hehe
[08:44] Lilith Ivory: it´s a begining :)
[08:45] Rosie Gray nods
[08:45] Callipygian Christensen: I am actually serious..
[08:45] Sudane Erato: well... the river in CN can't flow into the sea... or it would no only be a river!
[08:45] Sudane Erato: *no longer
[08:45] Callipygian Christensen: steps down to a beah that is in the NE corner, the amphi on the beach and the transition build for beach up to greenspace
[08:45] Tor Karlsvalt: It flows into the sea by my temple
[08:46] Sudane Erato: we'd have to send it up into AM :)
[08:46] Lilith Ivory: lol
[08:46] Sudane Erato: Tor, thats not the sea... the sea is the other direction of the river!
[08:46] Lilith Ivory: I propose to think of CN as build on an island :)
[08:46] Rosie Gray: Tor, do you have that description of what you were thinking for the amphitheatre?
[08:46] Sudane Erato: hmm... maybe its an inland sea
[08:46] Tor Karlsvalt: hmm probably
[08:47] Rosie Gray: well if we think of all of CDS as an island, there is sea all around
[08:48] Rosie Gray: everyone is quiet!
[08:48] Sudane Erato: waiting for Tor's ideas
[08:49] Sudane Erato: :)
[08:49] Rosie Gray: sm
[08:49] Rosie Gray: well, while we are waiting
[08:49] Tor Karlsvalt gave you Proposal for the Amphitheater.
[08:49] Tor Karlsvalt: sorry
[08:50] Rosie Gray: oh thanks
[08:50] Tor Karlsvalt: had to make it a nc
[08:50] Rosie Gray: good
[08:50] Lilith Ivory: thanks
[08:50] Rosie Gray: you gave to everyone?
[08:50] Sudane Erato: I think this is a great idea... and we've been expanding on it even before you got here
[08:51] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[08:51] Sudane Erato: hey Shep :)
[08:51] Rosie Gray: hi Shep!
[08:51] Rosie Gray: come on in
[08:51] Lilith Ivory: Hi Shep
[08:51] Lilith Ivory: Hi Soro
[08:51] Rosie Gray: hi Soro
[08:51] Sudane Erato: my god... the crowd gathers :)
[08:51] Shep (shep.titian): hi all
[08:52] Rosie Gray: lol
[08:52] Rosie Gray: so I like this idea of the natural bowl shape too
[08:52] Soro Dagostino: Hello all
[08:52] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[08:52] Lilith Ivory: me too!
[08:52] Tor Karlsvalt: I was just watching one on TV
[08:52] Sudane Erato: and I like Calli's idea of an ancient ruin :)
[08:52] Rosie Gray: make it built into the hillside
[08:52] Rosie Gray: yeah
[08:52] Rosie Gray: I like that
[08:53] Tor Karlsvalt: the acoustics were fantastic
[08:53] Lilith Ivory: yes!
[08:53] Callipygian Christensen: not to sound like an echo..
[08:53] Tor Karlsvalt: I think it was on Samos
[08:53] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[08:53] Sudane Erato: well... don't get me started about how the greeks taught the romans everything they knew about acoustics and building theatres into hillsides :)
[08:53] Rosie Gray: we should find some imagery
[08:53] Tor Karlsvalt: right Shep
[08:53] Callipygian Christensen: but having the bowl transisiton from greensapce to sand would make a natural coastline..and you could deal with the road by having it turn into steps down to the beach and amphi
[08:54] Tor Karlsvalt: We could use a theater like those the greeks built more than a Colosseum
[08:54] Rosie Gray: yes that would work
[08:54] Shep (shep.titian): what did I do?
[08:54] Rosie Gray: I agree Tor, it would be more inviting
[08:54] Lilith Ivory: I totally agree
[08:54] Sudane Erato: awwww... no Christians for dinner?
[08:54] Lilith Ivory: nobody needs a Colosseum here I think
[08:55] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[08:55] Rosie Gray: how disappointing!
[08:55] Sudane Erato: :)
[08:55] Lilith Ivory: not as we are a perfectly peaceful community :)
[08:55] Tor Karlsvalt: :)
[08:55] Sudane Erato: lol ... we only have politicians for dinner :)
[08:55] Rosie Gray: ... nysus2.JPG
[08:55] Rosie Gray: something like this one
[08:55] Lilith Ivory grins
[08:55] Tor Karlsvalt puts his dagger back in his boot.
[08:56] Lilith Ivory nods
[08:56] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[08:56] Lilith Ivory: I´ve seen a few like this too (but forgot where)
[08:56] Carlafinster is Offline
[08:56] Shep (shep.titian): As a ruin Rosie?
[08:56] Lilith Ivory: maybe a little more left than on the picture
[08:56] Tor Karlsvalt: I think the big one is in Athens on the Acropolis.
[08:56] Shep (shep.titian): Its nice
[08:57] Rosie Gray: maybe not as ruined as this one Shep, but yeah that was an idea
[08:57] Tor Karlsvalt: or in the hillside next to it
[08:57] Rosie Gray: and facing the sea
[08:57] Rosie Gray: so that the audience faces the sea
[08:57] Lilith Ivory nods
[08:57] Sudane Erato: the greek on at Epidauros is "ruined" but still very much in use all the time
[08:58] Rosie Gray: can you find a pic of it, Sudane?
[08:58] Sudane Erato: the one under the acropolis thats still used is the roman one...
[08:58] Sudane Erato: oh... sure
[08:58] Callipygian Christensen: ... atre_2.JPG
[08:58] Callipygian Christensen: there is an image also
[08:58] Soro Dagostino: There were/are a couple on the South coast of Sicily.
[08:59] Rosie Gray: oh now that one is facing the sea
[08:59] Lilith Ivory: I just typed the name in google and got bunches of pictures
[08:59] Sudane Erato: yeah
[08:59] Shep (shep.titian): Cool
[08:59] Soro Dagostino: Facing the sea . . . the picture is very much like them
[08:59] Lilith Ivory: the link Calli posted looks cool
[09:00] Sudane Erato: ... eatre1.jpg
[09:00] Lilith Ivory: I like the stage on this one
[09:00] Rosie Gray: the stage would frame the view
[09:00] Rosie Gray: and it could be put into the rezzer, so that if the users didn't want it, they could de-rez
[09:00] --Sleyan-- (sleyan.parx) is Offline
[09:00] Tor Karlsvalt:
[09:00] Callipygian Christensen: and another more modern design, but same beah idea ... NrAybrdaSA
[09:00] Lilith Ivory: exactly
[09:01] Sudane Erato: yes
[09:01] Shep (shep.titian): There's a music venue on here somewhere very like that
[09:01] supremegemini is Offline
[09:01] Rosie Gray: yes, think I've been there too Shep
[09:01] Rosie Gray: and the beauty of putting it into the hillside, is that it would use fewer prims
[09:01] Rosie Gray: and from the road side, would appear more like a natural landscape
[09:02] Shep (shep.titian): Yes .. quite exciting
[09:02] Rosie Gray: which would make it nice if you are walking, to follow a path around and down where you would actually see the ampthitheatre, the path to the sea, and the view
[09:02] Sudane Erato: that would be very neat :)
[09:03] Lilith Ivory smiles and nods
[09:04] Tor Karlsvalt: that would be nice.
[09:05] Tor Karlsvalt: and still a little beach?
[09:05] Shep (shep.titian): well that was easy :D
[09:05] Rosie Gray: :D
[09:05] Lilith Ivory smiles
[09:05] Rosie Gray: well, concept decided I think!
[09:05] Rosie Gray: everyone happy with it?
[09:05] Sudane Erato: yes!
[09:05] Callipygian Christensen: I am looking for Alexia's on the marketplace but not seeing them
[09:05] Lilith Ivory: yes!
[09:05] Tor Karlsvalt: yes
[09:05] Sudane Erato: lol... I am :)
[09:06] Shep (shep.titian): Yes
[09:06] Tor Karlsvalt: It will look good
[09:06] Tor Karlsvalt: and probably will be more useful.
[09:06] Sudane Erato: well, the advantage of this over Alexia's is that this would be built INTO the space
[09:06] Sudane Erato: Alexia's might work, if it fit
[09:06] Rosie Gray: I don't expect hers will fit... right
[09:06] Sudane Erato: yes
[09:06] Callipygian Christensen: it is
[09:06] Rosie Gray: you found?
[09:06] Sudane Erato: but we'd have to adapt the space to it
[09:06] Tor Karlsvalt: I suppose Alexia's would be he Old Bowl?
[09:07] Tor Karlsvalt: I think that is the theater Alexia has.
[09:07] Sudane Erato: she said she has 4
[09:07] Tor Karlsvalt: oh
[09:07] Tor Karlsvalt: well the I don't know.
[09:08] Rosie Gray: well if whe has one somewhat similar to what we want, and it's possible to modify it,
[09:08] Rosie Gray: would have to see them
[09:08] Tor Karlsvalt: I think she has a circus maximus.
[09:08] Rosie Gray: lol, well that would be way too big
[09:08] Lilith Ivory: can´t we start with the landscaping and see of one of Alexias can be made fit in?
[09:08] Rosie Gray: good idea Lil
[09:08] Sudane Erato: we'd need a half-circus maximus... or minimus :)
[09:08] Shep (shep.titian): LOL
[09:08] Callipygian Christensen: I think this is the only one similar..although she may not have everything on the marketplace
[09:08] Lilith Ivory giggles
[09:08] Callipygian Christensen: ... TRE/360904
[09:09] Rosie Gray: thanks Calli
[09:09] Tor Karlsvalt: yeah, that is the old bowl
[09:10] Callipygian Christensen: I'll risk life and limb by pointing out that with this landscape design there will be a substantial amount of space on that parcel that could be used for the occasional travelling fair
[09:10] Rosie Gray: hahhaha
[09:10] Tor Karlsvalt: :)
[09:10] Shep (shep.titian): Seconded lol
[09:10] Callipygian Christensen: beautiful pasotral space most of the time - then fairgrounds when needed
[09:10] Tor Karlsvalt: Well at least an art fair.
[09:11] Sudane Erato: well... I'd be a bit in favor regardless of custom building a new theatre there.... gives vent to some CDS creativity :)
[09:11] Rosie Gray: small fairs would definately fit
[09:11] Tor Karlsvalt: I think if we have a spring festival in CN, we could have art in the streets.
[09:11] Shep (shep.titian): THe idea was a space for big things
[09:11] Sudane Erato: sure... we could do that
[09:11] Tor Karlsvalt: and a park near the theater would offer even more space for that.
[09:11] Rosie Gray: I'd rather see a new one made too Sudane, for the same reasons
[09:12] Rosie Gray: and I also like when things are unique, and not pre-fab
[09:12] Callipygian Christensen: I rather like the idea of sitting on toppled pillars to listen to a concert :)
[09:12] Sudane Erato: hehe
[09:12] Rosie Gray: yes sounds like fun :D
[09:12] Sudane Erato: gets a bit hard on the butt :)
[09:13] Lilith Ivory nods
[09:13] Tor Karlsvalt: Vendors can sell cushions.
[09:13] Sudane Erato: hehe
[09:13] Rosie Gray: hehe
[09:13] Callipygian Christensen: well over the centuries butts wear a nice groove to sit in :P
[09:13] Sudane Erato: :)
[09:13] Shep (shep.titian): hahahaha
[09:13] Sudane Erato: and we certainly are the centagenarians of SL :)
[09:14] Rosie Gray: ^;^
[09:14] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[09:14] Rosie Gray: Tor, you didn't have any luck with Brian Livingston, right?
[09:14] Callipygian Christensen: Did you hve any luck reaching Brian Tor?
[09:14] Tor Karlsvalt: No luck
[09:14] Rosie Gray: so the existing build will have to be returned
[09:14] Callipygian Christensen: Rosie..stop looking over my shoulder
[09:15] Sudane Erato: hehe
[09:15] Rosie Gray winks at Calli
[09:15] Tor Karlsvalt: we can just take pics.
[09:15] Rosie Gray: yes, add those to the history
[09:16] Soro Dagostino: I sent a note to Brian. He was the guy who first got me to come to CDS.
[09:16] Callipygian Christensen: what happens if you return a build to a no longer exisitng avatar? It must just disappear
[09:16] Rosie Gray: did he reply, Soro?
[09:16] Sudane Erato: he's a very nice guy... wish we could contact him
[09:16] Soro Dagostino: Not yet.
[09:16] Soro Dagostino: Not on line.
[09:16] Sudane Erato: Calli, yes... i think it does
[09:17] Lilith Ivory: think it´s somewhere burried in the LL archieves as there seem to be the posibility to reactivate an account
[09:17] Callipygian Christensen: He doesnt show up in Search, unless I am misspelling his name
[09:17] Tor Karlsvalt: no
[09:17] Rosie Gray: okay, so Tor has tried some time ago
[09:18] Tor Karlsvalt: and it seems he has left the AA and CN groups
[09:18] Rosie Gray: seems that he's gone
[09:18] Soro Dagostino: Jamie may know where he is. I know he was deep into his doctorate.
[09:18] Tor Karlsvalt: yes
[09:18] Sudane Erato: yeah... its gone :(
[09:18] Rosie Gray: well, we can't wait much longer Soro
[09:18] Rosie Gray: for someone who probably doesn't care one way or another anyway
[09:19] Sudane Erato: well... consider this. If Brian has deactivated his account, he can't save the theatre anyway
[09:19] PinkCherry (pinkcherry.martini) is Offline
[09:19] Rosie Gray: oh true
[09:19] Callipygian Christensen: If there is anyone who knew him well enough to have edit rights on his stuff, they could pick it up
[09:19] Sudane Erato: since he' have to reactivate the account... not sure he can
[09:19] Callipygian Christensen: might be worth posting on the Forums to ask
[09:20] Rosie Gray: sure
[09:20] Rosie Gray: but lets set a timeline
[09:20] Sudane Erato: yes
[09:20] Tor Karlsvalt: i checked
[09:21] Tor Karlsvalt: I tried to contact brian last on June 29th
[09:21] Rosie Gray: well that's plenty of time
[09:22] Rosie Gray: if we don't just pick a date to start, it will never be done
[09:22] Rosie Gray: anyone want to suggest a date to send it back, if it's still there?
[09:22] Sudane Erato: if anyone wants to try and contact him via email... try [email protected] or [email protected]
[09:22] Tor Karlsvalt: I can try one last time
[09:23] Tor Karlsvalt: ok
[09:23] Sudane Erato: sorry, [email protected]
[09:23] Rosie Gray: you will try that one Tor?
[09:23] Soro Dagostino: Sudane? How long has it been since you had a convo with him?
[09:23] Tor Karlsvalt: I will, already copied the address
[09:23] Sudane Erato: oh... years
[09:24] Sudane Erato: probably at Guild meetings here
[09:24] Tor Karlsvalt: He is a nine year old AV.
[09:24] Tor Karlsvalt: Would be nice
[09:24] Rosie Gray: I'd like to suggest that we proceed as of August 17
[09:24] Rosie Gray: which is one more week
[09:24] Sudane Erato: thats next Sat?
[09:24] Tor Karlsvalt: I had a reply from him regarding a parcel back in 2011.
[09:24] Tor Karlsvalt: Since then he has not contacted me.
[09:25] Rosie Gray: I think that a week is long enough, if he is going to reply
[09:25] Rosie Gray: what does everyone else think?
[09:25] Tor Karlsvalt: ture
[09:25] Tor Karlsvalt: and I did contact him via IM in June
[09:25] Lilith Ivory: I´m fine with that
[09:26] Tor Karlsvalt: Perhaps it will not be lost if he can come in world and save it.
[09:26] Shep (shep.titian): Well if we have enough prims just lift it up high for a couple of weeks to give him a chance
[09:26] Sudane Erato: if we could move it
[09:26] Lilith Ivory: well, without his mod rights we can´t lift it :(
[09:26] Rosie Gray: we can't do that Shep
[09:26] Tor Karlsvalt: not sure if anyone has access to his prims.
[09:26] Sudane Erato: but please remember, even if we reach him, we don't know if he can re-activate his account
[09:27] Lilith Ivory: asking at the forum might be a good idea
[09:27] Rosie Gray: and he has already had a month and a half to reply to Tor
[09:27] Tor Karlsvalt: btw, I think Alexia has access to Symo's prims. So she could possibly do some work on the mundus.
[09:27] Rosie Gray: so this is just a last ditch effort
[09:27] Tor Karlsvalt: sure, Rosie
[09:27] Sudane Erato: I've asked Moon too to plan on packing the Mundus
[09:27] Shep (shep.titian): ok
[09:27] Rosie Gray: let's not muddy the waters right now, I think Tor
[09:27] Tor Karlsvalt: I will tell him that too.
[09:27] Tor Karlsvalt: oh ok
[09:28] Lilith Ivory: lol we should place a sheet somewhere where it is writen down who has mod rights of whom :)
[09:28] Sudane Erato: Symo is also a deactivated account
[09:28] Sudane Erato: ha... yes :)
[09:28] Rosie Gray: that's part of our LA redesign, eh
[09:29] Tor Karlsvalt: It probably would help.
[09:29] Rosie Gray: okay, well now that we are agreed on the design concept
[09:30] Sudane Erato: guys, I have another meeting shortly... sorry :(
[09:30] Tor Karlsvalt: yes
[09:30] Rosie Gray: okay Sudane
[09:30] Tor Karlsvalt: ok Sudane
[09:30] Sudane Erato: i have to leave to prepare
[09:30] Rosie Gray nods
[09:30] Rosie Gray: thank you for being here
[09:30] Shep (shep.titian): ok Sudane
[09:30] Sudane Erato: but it looks good... i'm excited about the theatre project :)
[09:30] Lilith Ivory: yes!
[09:30] Tor Karlsvalt: kool
[09:30] Sudane Erato: bye all :)
[09:30] Tor Karlsvalt: Can't wait to see it.
[09:30] Lilith Ivory: bye Sudane
[09:30] Shep (shep.titian): Byeeeeeeee
[09:31] Rosie Gray: bye!
[09:31] Soro Dagostino: Ooops Bye Sudane.
[09:31] Shep (shep.titian): I want a waving anim lol
[09:31] Rosie Gray: hehe
[09:31] Tor Karlsvalt: I should have said this is still my favorite room in SL.
[09:31] Rosie Gray: it is a nice room ㋡
[09:31] Soro Dagostino: I too have a attend.
[09:32] Sudane Erato is Offline
[09:32] Soro Dagostino: And I'll need to go soon.
[09:32] Soro Dagostino: So you know. . . .
[09:32] Tor Karlsvalt: I have an Oktoberfest meeting at 10
[09:33] Rosie Gray: right
[09:33] Shep (shep.titian): LOL
[09:33] Rosie Gray: okay, well to wrap this up then
[09:33] Tor Karlsvalt: tho, I am hoping it doesn't go too long.
[09:33] Shep (shep.titian): don't we all lol
[09:33] Rosie Gray: we have the concept
[09:33] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[09:33] Rosie Gray: we will wait for a week for Brian Livingston last ditch effort to be contacted
[09:33] Tor Karlsvalt: ok
[09:34] Callipygian Christensen: not sure if Ill make it back for that Tor - once again I will miss the first 5 or 6 days while travelling
[09:34] Shep (shep.titian): Cool
[09:34] Tor Karlsvalt: np calli
[09:34] Rosie Gray: then, if no luck we take some pictures and return the existing build
[09:34] Tor Karlsvalt: you think you will be around for the ball
[09:34] Tor Karlsvalt: Will be the 9th
[09:34] Tor Karlsvalt: 29th
[09:34] Callipygian Christensen: I should be back for the 26th
[09:34] Tor Karlsvalt: ok Rosie
[09:35] Callipygian Christensen: depends on flights..but certainly before that weekend
[09:35] Tor Karlsvalt: maybe we could put a little page on the blog about the old theater
[09:35] Rosie Gray: well it doesn't need a full page, but a posting would be nice, with pics
[09:35] Soro Dagostino: I think that is smart.
[09:35] Rosie Gray: part of the blog
[09:36] Rosie Gray: does someone here want to take that on?
[09:36] Tor Karlsvalt: Right, like I did with the new Schloss
[09:36] Rosie Gray: yes, exactly
[09:36] Tor Karlsvalt: silence is deafening
[09:37] Rosie Gray: well I don't mind doing that then, if nobody else wants to
[09:37] Rosie Gray: hahhaa
[09:37] Rosie Gray: now, for the actual rebuilding of the amphitheatre
[09:37] Shep (shep.titian): WEll I can take pictures and write .. but its getting it on the blog ... never done it
[09:37] Lilith Ivory smiles and leaves her hidding place
[09:38] Lilith Ivory: oh btw .. should I post the transcript of this meeting?
[09:38] Rosie Gray: I'd like to ask Cadence if she would like to work on it
[09:38] Rosie Gray: oh Shep, if you want to do the blog I can show you how
[09:38] Tor Karlsvalt: That would be fine. I think she has done some theaters at Cedar.
[09:38] Rosie Gray: you might want to do other blog postings too
[09:39] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[09:39] Tor Karlsvalt: :)
[09:39] Rosie Gray: she is our newest guild 'master'
[09:39] Rosie Gray: so it would be a nice project for her
[09:39] Shep (shep.titian): Might I lol
[09:40] Rosie Gray: just say the word Shep, I can show you how
[09:40] Rosie Gray: it's very easy to blog
[09:40] Rosie Gray: the writing is the hardest part ㋡
[09:40] Tor Karlsvalt: would be good. She could try out some sculpty stairs. :)
[09:40] Shep (shep.titian): I can do that
[09:40] Rosie Gray: yes indeed
[09:40] Rosie Gray: okay, cool
[09:40] Rosie Gray: let'
[09:40] Shep (shep.titian): ok hun
[09:40] Rosie Gray: let's talk later then ㋡
[09:41] Rosie Gray: oh sorry Lil, didn't answer your question about transcript
[09:41] Lilith Ivory: was just about to ask again :)
[09:41] Rosie Gray: I was actually thinking that it would be more useful to just post notes
[09:41] Lilith Ivory: ok
[09:42] Rosie Gray: since this isn't a gov't org,.... it's much easier to read notes I think
[09:42] Callipygian Christensen: I'd agree a summary is easier, but I'd archive the transcript too
[09:42] Lilith Ivory: I agree
[09:42] Tor Karlsvalt: I agree too
[09:43] Tor Karlsvalt: I wish all transcripts had summaries.
[09:43] Rosie Gray: indeed!
[09:43] Rosie Gray: so, yes please Lil, if you could do that
[09:43] Callipygian Christensen: Tor - take a look at the last SC posting of transcript
[09:43] Lilith Ivory: ok will do :)
[09:43] Rosie Gray: thank you ㋡
[09:43] Lilith Ivory smiles
[09:44] Shep (shep.titian): I agree
[09:44] Tor Karlsvalt: ok, did you do a summary? Thank you if you did.
[09:44] Callipygian Christensen: I di it in the format the journals are supposed to be in, so it's a good template for use for ay documentation in CDS
[09:44] Callipygian Christensen: Pat was doing the same in the RA transcripts when he was posting them - it makes searching for things a lot easier
[09:45] Tor Karlsvalt: oo yes, that too.
[09:45] Rosie Gray: it sure does
[09:45] Soro Dagostino: Time for me to go and prepare for the lawyers meeting.
[09:45] Soro Dagostino: See you all.
[09:45] Tor Karlsvalt: ok Soro
[09:45] Rosie Gray: okay, thanks for coming Soro
[09:45] Rosie Gray: bye
[09:45] Tor Karlsvalt: see you
[09:45] Soro Dagostino: ciao
[09:45] Lilith Ivory: bye
[09:46] Callipygian Christensen: RL calls - if I can get back for your meeting I wil Tor
[09:47] Tor Karlsvalt: ok
[09:47] Lilith Ivory: see you
[09:47] Tor Karlsvalt: np
[09:47] Rosie Gray: I will do a drawing I think, of the landscape
[09:47] Shep (shep.titian): Bye Calli
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”