Transcript AG meeting Feb. 24 2013

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Lilith Ivory
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Transcript AG meeting Feb. 24 2013

Post by Lilith Ivory »

[10:02] Rosie Gray: well... shall we start?
[10:02] Sudane Erato: great :)
[10:02] Sudane Erato: sorry for cutting it so close :)
[10:03] Rosie Gray: np
[10:03] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:03] Rosie Gray: before we do anything more... we are actually supposed to have some 'executive' for this group
[10:03] Sudane Erato: ahh... to lead the meetings?
[10:03] Rosie Gray: a Chairperson
[10:03] Rosie Gray: yes
[10:04] Rosie Gray: a Treasurer, and a Recording Secretary
[10:04] Sudane Erato: didn't Lil volunteer? :)
[10:04] Rosie Gray: hehehe
[10:04] Lilith Ivory: I did with the transcripts :)
[10:04] Rosie Gray: as I recall, she did ㋡
[10:04] Sudane Erato: ahhh :)
[10:04] Lilith Ivory: and could also post our meetings at the calendar if needed
[10:04] Rosie Gray: and you said you'd be treasurer, Sudane, although it's a bit moot right now
[10:04] Rosie Gray: but we do need a chairperson
[10:05] Sudane Erato: well... we do continue to need money to pay the tier on this bldg
[10:05] Rosie Gray: aah
[10:05] Tanoujin Milestone nods
[10:05] Sudane Erato: so Tan and I have been contributing that
[10:05] Tanoujin Milestone: we are able to fund other id's tier boxes btw
[10:06] Rosie Gray: I didn't know that
[10:06] Rosie Gray: so I guess we should talk about money at some point
[10:06] Sudane Erato: true... but i think it best oif Guilda pays so that I can keep single records
[10:06] Sudane Erato: sorry to get us off track :(
[10:06] Lilith Ivory: do we have a tip jar somewhere?
[10:06] Sudane Erato: oh!... good idea
[10:06] Rosie Gray: what about you Delia... feel like being the Chairperson?
[10:06] Tanoujin Milestone: tip Guilda
[10:07] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, or place a jar :)
[10:07] Rosie Gray: or Tan?
[10:07] Delia Lake: yes, we really should have a tip jar
[10:07] Rosie Gray: oh yes we should
[10:07] Delia Lake: not this spring please for chairing anything
[10:07] Sudane Erato: *porch
[10:07] Sudane Erato: i'll get one and put it on the porce here
[10:07] Rosie Gray nods and smiles at Delia
[10:07] Lilith Ivory: a tip jar seems to be more easy than to find guilda and pay her :)
[10:07] Rosie Gray: how about you Tan? Feel like being the Chair?
[10:07] Sudane Erato: i agree
[10:07] Tanoujin Milestone: omg
[10:07] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:08] Delia Lake: we could have a tip jar that looked like Guilda, lol
[10:08] Tanoujin Milestone: with agenda and all?
[10:08] Rosie Gray: oh nice idea!
[10:08] Sudane Erato: lol... yes :)
[10:08] Rosie Gray: well... yes
[10:08] Tanoujin Milestone: sigh. I volunteer
[10:08] Rosie Gray: but we can work together on it, if you want
[10:08] Rosie Gray: yay
[10:08] Tanoujin Milestone: you bet :)
[10:08] Rosie Gray: thanks Tan
[10:09] Rosie Gray: do you want to take over from here then?
[10:09] Rosie Gray: oh Hi Pip!
[10:09] Lilith Ivory: hi pip :)
[10:09] Pip Torok: hi all ...!
[10:09] Delia Lake: hi Pip :)
[10:09] Delia Lake: gtsy
[10:09] Tanoujin Milestone: fine, we will have a tip jar, we will visit some builder sites today, and what was the 3rd point?
[10:09] Pip Torok: tks delia!
[10:09] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Pip
[10:10] Pip Torok: hi tan !
[10:10] Rosie Gray: um, the logo
[10:10] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, the builders trick!
[10:10] Rosie Gray: and yes... that too
[10:10] Rosie Gray: hehe
[10:10] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, and the logo
[10:10] Lilith Ivory blushes and stares at her feet
[10:10] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:10] Rosie Gray: lol
[10:10] Tanoujin Milestone: wait a moment, who will place the tip jar?
[10:10] Lilith Ivory: mumbling something about being busy in RL lately
[10:10] Sudane Erato: we are logo-less!
[10:10] Tanoujin Milestone: do we have a volunteer for that?
[10:10] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:10] Rosie Gray: I think that Sudane has to place it
[10:10] Lilith Ivory: gulda needs to place it
[10:10] Rosie Gray: or Guilda
[10:10] Tanoujin Milestone: i see
[10:11] Lilith Ivory: the owner of the jar gets the money
[10:11] Sudane Erato: the tip jar?... Guilda does, yes
[10:11] Sudane Erato: np
[10:11] Rosie Gray: can't say I expect a lot of donations to the school though
[10:11] Rosie Gray: but we'll also need it for the Schloss
[10:11] Sudane Erato: we can request
[10:11] Sudane Erato: well... the Schloss is not a Guild thing
[10:12] Sudane Erato: so we shouldn't mix the two
[10:12] Rosie Gray: no, but we could still put one there
[10:12] Rosie Gray: you don't think so?
[10:12] Sudane Erato: ahh... yes
[10:12] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe
[10:12] Sudane Erato: sorry
[10:12] Rosie Gray: hello Anti
[10:12] Tanoujin Milestone: a jar, at the Schloss?
[10:12] Sudane Erato: and even in other public places
[10:12] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Anti , nice to have you here
[10:12] Lilith Ivory: I could imagine our memebers might tip if a tipjar is around
[10:12] Lilith Ivory: I would :)
[10:12] anti Wirefly: hi thanks sorry I am late
[10:12] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:12] Sudane Erato: sure!
[10:13] Rosie Gray: come on in Anti
[10:13] Delia Lake: hi anti
[10:13] Lilith Ivory: hi anti :)
[10:13] Rosie Gray notices Pip having a fit or something
[10:13] anti Wirefly: hi all ◕‿◕
[10:13] Sudane Erato: what happened to Pip? :)
[10:13] Sudane Erato: hi Anti :)
[10:13] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:13] anti Wirefly: howdy Sudane ◕‿◕
[10:14] Pip Torok: long story!
[10:14] Tanoujin Milestone: ok, jar is covered?
[10:14] Sudane Erato: yep... np
[10:14] Tanoujin Milestone: okay, and we have no logo yet, but we keep this on agenda. (What can I do to motivate you, Lilith?)
[10:14] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[10:15] Sudane Erato: send money :)
[10:15] Rosie Gray: hahhah
[10:15] Lilith Ivory: give me time and pay me well ;-)
[10:15] Lilith Ivory: just kidding
[10:15] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:15] Tanoujin Milestone: suuure, just kidding
[10:15] Rosie Gray: we aren't in a rush
[10:15] Tanoujin Milestone: it is even more complicated :-D
[10:15] Sudane Erato: no time, no money
[10:15] Lilith Ivory: or chain me on my computer ;-)
[10:15] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:15] Rosie Gray knows that feeling
[10:15] Lilith Ivory: (without access to SL)
[10:16] Tanoujin Milestone: alright... interesting point , the convex hull!
[10:16] Rosie Gray: (Anti, we had just acquired our guild officers before you came in... Tan is Chair, Lil is Secretary, and Sudane is treasurer)
[10:17] Rosie Gray: shall I begin about convex hull?
[10:17] anti Wirefly: congratulations ◕‿◕
[10:17] Sudane Erato: and Rosie is Guild Master
[10:17] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[10:17] Sudane Erato: lest she forget :)
[10:17] Rosie Gray: lol
[10:17] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, please begin, dear Kerzenmeister
[10:17] Rosie Gray: heheeh
[10:17] Rosie Gray: okay, well for those of you who don't know about it yet, there is a not-so-new development of importance to builders
[10:17] Rosie Gray: it is Convex Hull
[10:18] Rosie Gray: which can almost 1/2 your builds
[10:18] Rosie Gray: in land impact
[10:18] Rosie Gray: anyone here not know about it?
[10:18] anti Wirefly: me lol
[10:18] Lilith Ivory is clueless
[10:18] Rosie Gray: okay... lol, you are going to LOVE this
[10:18] Tanoujin Milestone rubs her hands
[10:18] Pip Torok: i dont but i'm no builder
[10:18] Rosie Gray: okay I'll demonstrate
[10:18] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:19] Delia Lake: I haven't tried that CH yet.
[10:19] Rosie Gray: see before us, 3 prims
[10:19] Tanoujin Milestone: I see 3 nice plywood cubes
[10:19] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:19] Delia Lake: yup
[10:19] Rosie Gray: link them together, and they have a land impact of 3
[10:19] Sudane Erato: most important... 3 prims
[10:19] Rosie Gray: but
[10:20] Rosie Gray: if you go to the 'features' tab, and select under the "Physics Shape Type"
[10:20] Rosie Gray: Convex Hull
[10:20] Rosie Gray: voila! they have a land impact of 2!
[10:20] Lilith Ivory: wow
[10:20] anti Wirefly: very cool
[10:20] Rosie Gray: but
[10:20] Rosie Gray: there are catches to it
[10:20] Rosie Gray: firstly
[10:21] Rosie Gray: the more you torture your prims, the less likely it will work
[10:21] Rosie Gray: and
[10:21] Rosie Gray: if you create a hollow that you need to be able to walk through
[10:21] Rosie Gray: you won't be able to walk through it
[10:21] Rosie Gray: and lastly
[10:21] Rosie Gray: if you link together a number of prims with a lot of shaping done to them
[10:22] Rosie Gray: they might actually increase in land impact
[10:22] Rosie Gray: so, you have to be careful
[10:22] Delia Lake: what about phantom?
[10:22] anti Wirefly: hi Bagheera ◕‿◕
[10:22] Rosie Gray: hi Bags
[10:22] Sudane Erato: works with phantom fine
[10:22] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:22] Bagheera Kristan: hi :)
[10:22] Lilith Ivory: Hi Bags
[10:22] Sudane Erato: but on other condition
[10:22] Delia Lake: excellent
[10:23] Sudane Erato: *one
[10:23] Delia Lake: hi Bagherra :)
[10:23] Bagheera Kristan: hi hi :)
[10:23] Tanoujin Milestone: and it is a linkset?
[10:23] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Bags :)
[10:23] Sudane Erato: that is... CV prims CAN be linked to "prim" prims... but
[10:23] Sudane Erato: if you do so
[10:24] Sudane Erato: you''l almost definitely increase the # of "prims", rather than decrease them
[10:24] Sudane Erato: so
[10:24] Sudane Erato: keep the linksets separate
[10:24] Tanoujin Milestone: ic ic
[10:24] Rosie Gray nods
[10:24] Sudane Erato: link "Prtim" prims
[10:24] Delia Lake: ok
[10:24] anti Wirefly: so no linking to sculpties
[10:24] Sudane Erato: but best not to mix them
[10:24] Sudane Erato: and link CV prims
[10:24] Sudane Erato: oh,... you can link to sculpties!... sure!
[10:25] Sudane Erato: that works great
[10:25] anti Wirefly: wow
[10:25] Rosie Gray: yes, and you can make them CH too
[10:25] Delia Lake: I'll try rebuilding my house later. this will be fun
[10:25] Rosie Gray: yes, you'll be amazed
[10:25] Rosie Gray: but make a backup of an existing build before you do that
[10:25] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[10:25] Sudane Erato: yes, if you make a linkset and set it CV, then all the prims in the set are CV
[10:25] Rosie Gray: one of mine I tried almost doubled the land impact
[10:25] Delia Lake: I heard that you can't link things like moving doors to these though
[10:26] Rosie Gray: I believe that's true
[10:26] Lilith Ivory: sounds like gambling to me lol
[10:26] Rosie Gray: and I've heard there's something about having scripts in them that negates it too
[10:26] Sudane Erato: well... moving doors might have their own reasons for not linking
[10:26] anti Wirefly: haw about linking to scripted items?
[10:26] Rosie Gray: so you need to be really careful
[10:26] Sudane Erato: but... you can make a door linkset CV, and save prims
[10:26] anti Wirefly: yep that would be the reason for doors then
[10:27] Sudane Erato: scripts seem to work fine in CV objects
[10:27] anti Wirefly: o ok cool
[10:27] Tanoujin Milestone: looks like the Convex hull optimization should be the last step in the building process, like downprimming...
[10:27] Rosie Gray: they do, but I've read something about them not... so since I'm pretty new to them, I'm just being careful with it
[10:28] Rosie Gray: well I think you might find it easier to do as you go along
[10:28] Rosie Gray: because some linksets are better not CH
[10:28] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, okay! Test right aeay then
[10:28] Tanoujin Milestone: *away
[10:28] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:28] Rosie Gray: yes!
[10:28] Sudane Erato: parcel is full :(
[10:28] Rosie Gray: oh, one more demo on this
[10:29] Tanoujin Milestone: hollow, path cut....
[10:29] Sudane Erato: the cut is irrelevant
[10:29] Tanoujin Milestone: k
[10:29] Sudane Erato: its the hollow which is a prob
[10:29] Rosie Gray: right
[10:30] Rosie Gray: this is hollowed, and cut, obviously
[10:30] Rosie Gray: and it's convex hull
[10:30] Delia Lake: if you are using the hollow for legs or some such and not needing to walk through, is it ok then?
[10:30] Rosie Gray: see, can't go through it
[10:30] Rosie Gray: oh yes
[10:30] Sudane Erato: Delia, yes
[10:30] Delia Lake: ok
[10:30] Rosie Gray: it's visually fine
[10:30] Rosie Gray: good for windows too
[10:30] Rosie Gray: but now..... watch
[10:31] Rosie Gray: it blocks you were the bottom of the cut is
[10:31] Delia Lake: hmmm. if you walk below the cut you're ok
[10:31] Rosie Gray: yes
[10:31] Rosie Gray: exactly
[10:32] Sudane Erato: yes... the cut is np
[10:32] anti Wirefly: I like it
[10:32] Sudane Erato: its the hollow
[10:32] Delia Lake: wonder what would happen if you had made the hollow prim phantom
[10:32] Sudane Erato: Delia, that would work
[10:32] Sudane Erato: it respects the phantom
[10:32] Delia Lake: good. ty
[10:32] Sudane Erato: the concept is the "bounding box"
[10:32] Delia Lake: ah
[10:32] Sudane Erato: same as with sculpties
[10:32] Rosie Gray: yes exactly
[10:33] Lilith Ivory nods
[10:33] Delia Lake: got it
[10:33] Tanoujin Milestone: very nice, i can use that at once
[10:33] anti Wirefly: you bet
[10:33] Sudane Erato: oh... its AMAZING
[10:33] Rosie Gray: it really is!
[10:33] Sudane Erato: i've saved 100's of prims
[10:34] Sudane Erato: and Rosie and I are using it extensively in the schloss project
[10:34] Sudane Erato: oh... a related thing
[10:34] Rosie Gray: hi Shep
[10:34] anti Wirefly: howdy Shep
[10:34] Lilith Ivory: Hi Shep
[10:34] Delia Lake: wow!
[10:34] Tanoujin Milestone: all prim hogs are happy :-D
[10:34] Sudane Erato: if you use mesh objects
[10:34] Pip Torok: hi shep
[10:34] Delia Lake: hi Shep
[10:34] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Shep :)
[10:34] Bagheera Kristan: hi Shep :)
[10:34] Shep Titian: Hi folks
[10:34] Sudane Erato: link the mesh objects if you can
[10:34] Delia Lake: I've always been a prim miser. this will be interesting for me to play with
[10:34] Sudane Erato: as you can also save up to half... or more
[10:35] Rosie Gray: yes
[10:35] Rosie Gray: I've found that I've adapted how I build a bit for it
[10:35] Sudane Erato: but do NOT link mesh objects with CV objects
[10:35] Tanoujin Milestone: Avoid to CV mesh, did I get that right, Sudane?
[10:35] Tanoujin Milestone: yep, okay
[10:35] Sudane Erato: or again, the impact will increase
[10:35] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:35] Sudane Erato: trial and error :)
[10:36] Sudane Erato: reading the SL wiki... its clear that even LL is not exactly sure how this works :)
[10:36] Tanoujin Milestone: good to know. Who brought that up? I missed it completely
[10:36] Rosie Gray: hehe
[10:36] Shep Titian: I missed the beginning .. is this the convex stuff?
[10:36] Sudane Erato: so just test :)
[10:36] Sudane Erato: yes!
[10:36] Rosie Gray: yes it is
[10:36] Tanoujin Milestone: Yes, Shep
[10:36] Shep Titian: Cool
[10:36] Rosie Gray: so, for everyone... Shep told me about Convex Hull
[10:36] Sudane Erato: Shep is the person who pointed it out to us
[10:36] Tanoujin Milestone: Thank you Shep!
[10:36] Shep Titian: Ed told me :)
[10:37] Lilith Ivory: cool
[10:37] Rosie Gray: and so goes SL!
[10:37] Shep Titian: nps
[10:37] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:37] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:37] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:37] Tanoujin Milestone: Wonderful. Do we want to present our buildings today?
[10:38] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:38] Tanoujin Milestone: Gaius is building a mosque at LA
[10:38] Tanoujin Milestone: sadly he was not able to make it
[10:38] Tanoujin Milestone: to this meeting
[10:38] Rosie Gray: I don't think he's even joined the Guild
[10:39] Tanoujin Milestone takes a note to join him
[10:39] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[10:39] Shep Titian: G is always building things . but a mosque is a change from a temple :)
[10:39] Tanoujin Milestone: hehehe somewhat, yes
[10:39] Rosie Gray: a 'slight' change, lol
[10:39] Pip Torok: quite!
[10:39] Tanoujin Milestone: any other builders active atm?
[10:40] Rosie Gray: what about your build, Tan?
[10:40] Shep Titian: Not here :)
[10:40] Tanoujin Milestone: except the Schloss, which is no topic today
[10:40] anti Wirefly: I started what may be a Greeh house but did not get very far
[10:40] Tanoujin Milestone: yeees, I have an adobe build i would like to show you
[10:40] Delia Lake: Rosie, did you get to talk with Candace?
[10:40] anti Wirefly: *Greek
[10:40] Shep Titian: Ican present three buildings on Iwz
[10:40] Sudane Erato: Anti... neat!
[10:40] Tanoujin Milestone: on IWZ :-D
[10:40] Rosie Gray: only briefly Delia, but I took a look at her build
[10:40] Shep Titian: yep :)
[10:40] Sudane Erato: I can advise you on anything Greek :)
[10:40] Delia Lake: ok
[10:41] Tanoujin Milestone: Would you like to show it, Anti?
[10:41] anti Wirefly: yes I would love criticism lol
[10:41] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[10:41] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:41] Shep Titian: LOL
[10:41] anti Wirefly: 9it is my first house
[10:41] Rosie Gray: oh how exciting!
[10:41] Tanoujin Milestone: I suggest, we visit, anti's first
[10:41] Rosie Gray: sure
[10:42] Tanoujin Milestone: what is second? Mor but three may overcharge us
[10:42] Sudane Erato: are we adjourning?... or does the mtg continue?
[10:42] Tanoujin Milestone: good question
[10:42] Tanoujin Milestone: i would keep the criticism non public to be honest
[10:42] anti Wirefly: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Xandia/11/57/2401
[10:42] Tanoujin Milestone: do we adjourn? All in agreement?
[10:43] Lilith Ivory: I am
[10:43] Sudane Erato: fine with me
[10:43] Tanoujin Milestone: lets vote
[10:43] Pip Torok: i am ;)
[10:43] Rosie Gray: sure... and we go look at Anti's house
[10:43] Delia Lake: yes
[10:43] Bagheera Kristan: I'm not a member yet - LOL - but I agree :)
[10:43] Shep Titian: I'll go along with whatever loll
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”