New Guild Meeting December 18th Meeting Minutes

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 am
Location: Alpine Meadows, CDS/Florida, USA

New Guild Meeting December 18th Meeting Minutes

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

[2011/12/18 08:01] Trebor Warcliffe: Hello Pat
[2011/12/18 08:02] Pat (patroklus.murakami): hi trebor
[2011/12/18 08:02] Trebor Warcliffe: Good afternoon to you
[2011/12/18 08:02] Trebor Warcliffe: How's it going
[2011/12/18 08:02] Pat (patroklus.murakami): not bad. here for the NG meeting
[2011/12/18 08:02] Trebor Warcliffe: Yea well so far its me and you
[2011/12/18 08:02] Trebor Warcliffe: See what happens
[2011/12/18 08:02] Pat (patroklus.murakami): and neither of us can be NG sec!
[2011/12/18 08:03] Trebor Warcliffe: I'm not sure if I can even vote to be honest with you
[2011/12/18 08:03] Pat (patroklus.murakami): you know, upstairs is nicer :)
[2011/12/18 08:03] Trebor Warcliffe: ok lets go
[2011/12/18 08:04] Pat (patroklus.murakami): is that the general masterplan?
[2011/12/18 08:05] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[2011/12/18 08:05] Pat (patroklus.murakami): hi sudane
[2011/12/18 08:05] Tor Karlsvalt: hi all
[2011/12/18 08:05] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[2011/12/18 08:05] Pat (patroklus.murakami): hi tor
[2011/12/18 08:06] Tor Karlsvalt: brb coffee
[2011/12/18 08:06] Pat (patroklus.murakami): hi shep :)
[2011/12/18 08:06] Shep (shep.titian): Hi there all
[2011/12/18 08:06] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[2011/12/18 08:07] Tor Karlsvalt: b
[2011/12/18 08:07] Tor Karlsvalt: Hi Shep
[2011/12/18 08:07] Shep (shep.titian): You're rezzing one by one lol
[2011/12/18 08:08] Sudane Erato: we're patient :)
[2011/12/18 08:08] Trebor Warcliffe: Well folks this isn't looking very promising. Lets give it a little while and see what happens.
[2011/12/18 08:08] Sudane Erato: there's 5 of us! :)
[2011/12/18 08:08] Tor Karlsvalt: sure
[2011/12/18 08:08] Trebor Warcliffe: Yes and none of us can be Sec. LOL
[2011/12/18 08:09] Tor Karlsvalt: OH Sudane, Anna needs the RA Tag or the CDS Govt tag
[2011/12/18 08:09] Shep (shep.titian): Correct
[2011/12/18 08:09] Shep (shep.titian): I have no information btw
[2011/12/18 08:09] Pat (patroklus.murakami): we could just change the NG charter so one of us can be :-) *not* a serious suggestion!
[2011/12/18 08:09] Trebor Warcliffe: Information pertaining to what?
[2011/12/18 08:09] Sudane Erato: i agree w Pat
[2011/12/18 08:09] Tor Karlsvalt: me too really
[2011/12/18 08:10] Sudane Erato: but.... *seriously*
[2011/12/18 08:10] Shep (shep.titian): Well I expect you're waiting for Ceasar?
[2011/12/18 08:10] Trebor Warcliffe: I havent spoken to Ceasar in about a week or so
[2011/12/18 08:10] Tor Karlsvalt: We just tie ourselves up in knots with all the exclusions
[2011/12/18 08:10] Sudane Erato: exactly
[2011/12/18 08:10] Shep (shep.titian): Me neither
[2011/12/18 08:10] Trebor Warcliffe: Yes that is truye
[2011/12/18 08:10] Trebor Warcliffe: true
[2011/12/18 08:11] Pat (patroklus.murakami): we should have let rosie be NG sec when she was chosen. would have saved a lot of unnecessary trouble
[2011/12/18 08:11] Trebor Warcliffe: Agree
[2011/12/18 08:11] Sudane Erato: i totally agree
[2011/12/18 08:11] Tor Karlsvalt: me too, considering she had already done a lot in the very short time she was secretary
[2011/12/18 08:11] Trebor Warcliffe: So what would be the procedures
[2011/12/18 08:12] Trebor Warcliffe: and legal reprucussions if any?
[2011/12/18 08:12] Sudane Erato: ammend the constitution... its the CDS "way"
[2011/12/18 08:12] Trebor Warcliffe: I know I can be on the Faculty
[2011/12/18 08:12] Pat (patroklus.murakami): no need sudane. just amend the NG charter
[2011/12/18 08:12] Trebor Warcliffe: but I dont have a vote
[2011/12/18 08:12] Pat (patroklus.murakami): but, first of all, does anyone want to be NG sec?
[2011/12/18 08:12] Sudane Erato: ahh... ok
[2011/12/18 08:12] Trebor Warcliffe: The last talk I had with Ceasar last weekend
[2011/12/18 08:12] Tor Karlsvalt: now there is a difference from the board and this meeting I think
[2011/12/18 08:12] Sudane Erato: what's the procedure for that?
[2011/12/18 08:13] Tor Karlsvalt: /rumages forthe charter
[2011/12/18 08:13] Trebor Warcliffe: Ill wait while Tor gets his info together.
[2011/12/18 08:13] Pat (patroklus.murakami): with no sec or chair, the NG is effectivey defunct. so i think we can reconstitute it any way we please :-) within reason, of course!
[2011/12/18 08:14] Sudane Erato: hehe...
[2011/12/18 08:14] Trebor Warcliffe: That may very well be true Pat
[2011/12/18 08:14] Trebor Warcliffe: Also
[2011/12/18 08:14] Shep (shep.titian): I agree with Pat
[2011/12/18 08:14] Sudane Erato: and "reason" means... ?
[2011/12/18 08:14] Trebor Warcliffe: In that situation I would certainly withdraw my veto
[2011/12/18 08:14] Trebor Warcliffe: because my whole reason for the veto
[2011/12/18 08:15] Pat (patroklus.murakami): reason = in a way which does not cause unnecessary drama and mad hissy fits
[2011/12/18 08:15] Trebor Warcliffe: was to give the NG time to get back on its feet
[2011/12/18 08:15] Sudane Erato: lol... perfect definition :)
[2011/12/18 08:15] Pat (patroklus.murakami): btw, is someone keeping a record of our proceedings to post later?
[2011/12/18 08:16] Tor Karlsvalt: the charter is at viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1875#p11297
[2011/12/18 08:16] Pat (patroklus.murakami): tu tor
[2011/12/18 08:16] Trebor Warcliffe: I can keep my chat log but other than that I dont have an official recorder
[2011/12/18 08:16] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i'm happy for all of my chat to be recorded and posted
[2011/12/18 08:16] Trebor Warcliffe: me too
[2011/12/18 08:16] Tor Karlsvalt: me too
[2011/12/18 08:16] Shep (shep.titian): Sorry I have to go let someone onto my parcel .. but I'll be back
[2011/12/18 08:17] Tor Karlsvalt: hmm
[2011/12/18 08:17] Pat (patroklus.murakami): is there a NG faculty any more?
[2011/12/18 08:17] Tor Karlsvalt: no
[2011/12/18 08:17] Trebor Warcliffe: Dont think there ever was one
[2011/12/18 08:17] Trebor Warcliffe: It was a wonderful idea that didnt seem to take off
[2011/12/18 08:17] Tor Karlsvalt: Ceasar had mentioned he wated to start it again.
[2011/12/18 08:17] Sudane Erato: Jon was faculty
[2011/12/18 08:18] Tor Karlsvalt: I think you need someone who likes to teach.
[2011/12/18 08:18] Tor Karlsvalt: and has the time
[2011/12/18 08:19] Trebor Warcliffe: Beathan mentions occasionally about educational stuff
[2011/12/18 08:19] Trebor Warcliffe: I wonder if he'd be interested or if he knows some
[2011/12/18 08:19] Pat (patroklus.murakami): so, we could just delete item 22 of section 3 The Board and then choose a NG sec :-) dont' recall if anyone volunteered tho!
[2011/12/18 08:20] Sudane Erato: well... if it was legal
[2011/12/18 08:20] Sudane Erato: maybe Rosie would reconsider
[2011/12/18 08:20] Tor Karlsvalt: btw, I don't see where the chancellor cannot vote on the board.
[2011/12/18 08:21] Trebor Warcliffe: If i remember correctly the main argument of an RA member not being NG sec was the conflict of interest argument
[2011/12/18 08:21] Trebor Warcliffe: SO
[2011/12/18 08:21] Trebor Warcliffe: If we have it set up where an RA member serving a dual role
[2011/12/18 08:21] Trebor Warcliffe: of RA and NG Sec
[2011/12/18 08:22] Pat (patroklus.murakami): Pat wonders if we really *need* the NG...
[2011/12/18 08:22] Sudane Erato: :)
[2011/12/18 08:22] Trebor Warcliffe: Just have it where they can't vote on the RA in regards to NG matters
[2011/12/18 08:22] Trebor Warcliffe: Pat I do feel we need the NG
[2011/12/18 08:23] Trebor Warcliffe: Maybe just not as complex as it is now
[2011/12/18 08:23] Tor Karlsvalt: I don't think it is a bad organization. It does offer the possibility of more regular citizen input.
[2011/12/18 08:23] Tor Karlsvalt: I see pat's point too tho
[2011/12/18 08:23] Pat (patroklus.murakami): it's not as bad as the old guild - a corporatist, guild socialist, syndicalist abomination
[2011/12/18 08:24] Trebor Warcliffe: And there has been rumblngs within the community that "some people" want to dismantle the NG. Personally I dont want to see it go to the wayside but I am disappointed that if people do want it that no one is hear besides us.
[2011/12/18 08:24] Sudane Erato: lol Pat :)
[2011/12/18 08:24] Pat (patroklus.murakami): but it is a bit odd to organise everyone in the NG. what's wrong with independent groups of citizens doing stuff?
[2011/12/18 08:24] Shep (shep.titian): I think the NG is good for people to share their opinions in a kless formal way
[2011/12/18 08:25] Trebor Warcliffe: Shep that may be true but as Pat points out that can be taken care of with independent groups also
[2011/12/18 08:25] Trebor Warcliffe: For me I think its more of a traditional thing
[2011/12/18 08:25] Trebor Warcliffe: I like the premise of the NG
[2011/12/18 08:25] Tor Karlsvalt: It does offer some organization and transparency.
[2011/12/18 08:25] Trebor Warcliffe: yes
[2011/12/18 08:25] Sudane Erato: sure, if people participate
[2011/12/18 08:25] Trebor Warcliffe: anything the NG does, has to go through the RA
[2011/12/18 08:25] Trebor Warcliffe: Agree Sudane
[2011/12/18 08:26] Tor Karlsvalt: I I like the teaching aspect of it most of all. It would be nice to have friends or fellow residents who like to teach building.
[2011/12/18 08:26] Trebor Warcliffe: But if they're not going to participate in teh NG whats to say they will in a citizen committee?
[2011/12/18 08:26] Shep (shep.titian): Hmm good luck with those groups .. you will find you need to include new citizens from the word go .. or they will be lost in terms of helping
[2011/12/18 08:26] Tor Karlsvalt: Well true shep
[2011/12/18 08:27] Tor Karlsvalt: but people have a responsibility to show up too.
[2011/12/18 08:27] Trebor Warcliffe: I agree Shep but its not like you can lead them by the hand and bring them to the trough
[2011/12/18 08:27] Pat (patroklus.murakami): in order to get something done, i think we should try to reconstitute the NG. or else, shoudl we go for a new sim, it may take us even longer
[2011/12/18 08:27] Tor Karlsvalt: if they don't show up we can't include them too easily.
[2011/12/18 08:27] Shep (shep.titian): * years of fundraising .. where only the usual suspects would help lol
[2011/12/18 08:27] Tor Karlsvalt: yyup
[2011/12/18 08:27] Trebor Warcliffe: I would rather see us reconstitute the NG than dismantle it
[2011/12/18 08:28] Tor Karlsvalt: we need to brouden the group of usual suspects.
[2011/12/18 08:28] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[2011/12/18 08:28] Trebor Warcliffe: So going on that basis what do we have to do?
[2011/12/18 08:28] Shep (shep.titian): We do indeed lol
[2011/12/18 08:28] Trebor Warcliffe: And what is the proper procedure?
[2011/12/18 08:28] Shep (shep.titian): The wars have to stop to do that well
[2011/12/18 08:29] Trebor Warcliffe: were gettignoff topic here
[2011/12/18 08:29] Shep (shep.titian): Not really Trebor
[2011/12/18 08:29] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i suggest we strike out para 22 from section 3 on 'The board' and then invite nominations for NG Sec. they can be chosen at a future meeting
[2011/12/18 08:29] Shep (shep.titian): They underly everything
[2011/12/18 08:29] Trebor Warcliffe: So you're suggestign just a minor tweaking of the Charter Pat?
[2011/12/18 08:30] Pat (patroklus.murakami): our rationale can be that, in a small community, these conflict of interest concerns are restricitng our ability to operate
[2011/12/18 08:30] Tor Karlsvalt: I agree
[2011/12/18 08:30] Pat (patroklus.murakami): it's quite a big tweak but yes!
[2011/12/18 08:30] Sudane Erato: i agree
[2011/12/18 08:30] Tor Karlsvalt: we have a lot of talent locked up in the RA and SC
[2011/12/18 08:30] Trebor Warcliffe: I was thinking of a remodel of hte Charter and eliminate al lot of the unneccasary stuff
[2011/12/18 08:30] Trebor Warcliffe: yes we do Tor
[2011/12/18 08:30] Tor Karlsvalt: we can do that later
[2011/12/18 08:30] Sudane Erato: well... there could be talent elsewhere too... but they have to raise their hands!
[2011/12/18 08:30] Pat (patroklus.murakami): we should definitely do that too trebor, perhaps in slower time?
[2011/12/18 08:31] Trebor Warcliffe: and considering that only about 25% of the population are active on a regular basis we do need to loosen up on who can help
[2011/12/18 08:31] Shep (shep.titian): Ed is very keen to offer some help .. but does'nt feel he has the time to more involved
[2011/12/18 08:31] Tor Karlsvalt: i agree Sudane, but if we had a working guild with more meetings, mabye othes would be encouraged
[2011/12/18 08:31] Sudane Erato: true too
[2011/12/18 08:31] Tor Karlsvalt: I was talking to Lef Leven also. He said much the same thing, but has made some drawing of LA.
[2011/12/18 08:31] Trebor Warcliffe: Ed is a very helpful person. He assisted me with my latest build ruling
[2011/12/18 08:32] Tor Karlsvalt: No meetings = less opportunity for involvement
[2011/12/18 08:32] Shep (shep.titian): It looks so much better
[2011/12/18 08:32] Trebor Warcliffe: Ok so if we remove the part of the charter that Pat is referrign to. How do we do it and who does it?
[2011/12/18 08:33] Shep (shep.titian): Is there a less formal place to have the first meetings?
[2011/12/18 08:33] Tor Karlsvalt: we do it, but the RA needs to aprove it.
[2011/12/18 08:33] Trebor Warcliffe: And the RA has the authority to do that in which capacity?
[2011/12/18 08:33] Pat (patroklus.murakami): we can do it as 'The Board' currently constituted. the previous charter was approved by the RA so I suppose we could do that too
[2011/12/18 08:34] Trebor Warcliffe: Im not arguing I just want to be clear on everything because as Chancellor somone sooner or later is goign to be asking me questions lol
[2011/12/18 08:34] Pat (patroklus.murakami): personally, i think the RA has no business 'ratifying' the charters of non-governmental groups but.... that's just me!
[2011/12/18 08:34] Tor Karlsvalt: hmmm, good point Pat
[2011/12/18 08:35] Trebor Warcliffe: Pat thats exactly what I was referring to
[2011/12/18 08:35] Tor Karlsvalt: What was the justification for the Charter being submitted to RA?
[2011/12/18 08:35] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i think the justification was that, since the NG would carry out work on behalf of the RA, it *ought* to have the RA seal of approval
[2011/12/18 08:35] Pat (patroklus.murakami): this is way back when jon and moon reconstituted the New Guild
[2011/12/18 08:36] Shep (shep.titian): How much is NG allowed to do without RA permission?
[2011/12/18 08:36] Pat (patroklus.murakami): so the NG is a kind of 'chartered' NGO
[2011/12/18 08:36] Trebor Warcliffe: I see it as an NGO with government approval, yes
[2011/12/18 08:36] Tor Karlsvalt: we would have to change the definition of the guild. It says it is a a public chartered NGO
[2011/12/18 08:36] Pat (patroklus.murakami): NG can plan and discuss and propose. but can't make changes to infrastructure without RA say-so
[2011/12/18 08:37] Tor Karlsvalt: That is the way I see it.
[2011/12/18 08:37] Sudane Erato: well, in RL, governemnts do "register" organizations, even tho they are non-governmental
[2011/12/18 08:37] Tor Karlsvalt: sort of a technical college to advise the RA
[2011/12/18 08:37] Shep (shep.titian): Surely they just need to work out what needs doing .. plan it cost it .. then submit it for rubber stamping
[2011/12/18 08:37] Trebor Warcliffe: Can we as citizens with no Secretary of the Board change this part of the charter by just showing up?
[2011/12/18 08:38] Pat (patroklus.murakami): yes shep, but the RA makes the decisions. it can tell the NG to change the plans in some way.
[2011/12/18 08:38] Trebor Warcliffe: After all one just needs to show up at a NG meeting to be eligible to vote.
[2011/12/18 08:38] Shep (shep.titian): Yes as in life
[2011/12/18 08:38] Pat (patroklus.murakami): to increase the amount of lots, or change public space or do some kind of public building
[2011/12/18 08:38] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i don't see why not trebor
[2011/12/18 08:39] Trebor Warcliffe: Thats what Im thinking
[2011/12/18 08:39] Shep (shep.titian): Yes but we RA are only needed at the end of the process
[2011/12/18 08:39] Tor Karlsvalt: To me it is like our Government Accountabilty Office
[2011/12/18 08:39] Tor Karlsvalt: Sort of an advisory and fact finding organization for congress
[2011/12/18 08:40] Shep (shep.titian): Don;t think we have one of those lol
[2011/12/18 08:40] Pat (patroklus.murakami): when it works well, the RA and NG keep in touch alll the way along. you need clear communication so the NG knows what the RA wants and the RA understands what is/isn't possible/deliverable
[2011/12/18 08:40] Trebor Warcliffe: We are five concerned citizens who see the need for an edit to be made to the NG charter in order to open
[2011/12/18 08:41] Shep (shep.titian): You could scrap the NG .. and start a whole new group
[2011/12/18 08:41] Shep (shep.titian): The New New Guild
[2011/12/18 08:41] Pat (patroklus.murakami): the New New Guild?
[2011/12/18 08:41] Tor Karlsvalt: yeah, that is a possibility.
[2011/12/18 08:41] Pat (patroklus.murakami): snap!
[2011/12/18 08:41] Trebor Warcliffe: I dont like that idea and I think we've agreed we dont need to go to that extreme
[2011/12/18 08:41] Trebor Warcliffe: sorry
[2011/12/18 08:41] Sudane Erato: NNG :)
[2011/12/18 08:41] Tor Karlsvalt: New2 Guild
[2011/12/18 08:42] Pat (patroklus.murakami): Really New Guild :)
[2011/12/18 08:42] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[2011/12/18 08:42] Shep (shep.titian): pmsl
[2011/12/18 08:43] Tor Karlsvalt: or in the german theme UberNeuesGuild haha made that up huh
[2011/12/18 08:43] Pat (patroklus.murakami): Popular People's New Guild
[2011/12/18 08:43] Shep (shep.titian): Noooo
[2011/12/18 08:43] Sudane Erato: haha
[2011/12/18 08:43] Pat (patroklus.murakami): or the People's Popular New Guild
[2011/12/18 08:43] Shep (shep.titian): We'll be calling you foxy
[2011/12/18 08:43] Pat (patroklus.murakami): (monty python, sorry)
[2011/12/18 08:44] Shep (shep.titian): I was going further back
[2011/12/18 08:44] Shep (shep.titian): Robert Lindsay
[2011/12/18 08:44] Pat (patroklus.murakami): indeed! citizen smith, i remember it well
[2011/12/18 08:44] Shep (shep.titian): Yes!!!! lol
[2011/12/18 08:44] Trebor Warcliffe: So what can we get accomplished here today folks?
[2011/12/18 08:45] Shep (shep.titian): Sorry . Brits took over :)
[2011/12/18 08:45] Trebor Warcliffe: its ok
[2011/12/18 08:45] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i move that we, acting as the Board of the New Guild, amend the charter to delete para 22 of seciton 3 (The Board) and invite nominations for NG Secretary
[2011/12/18 08:45] Trebor Warcliffe: let me go read it
[2011/12/18 08:45] Sudane Erato: well... i vote that we keep the NG, cause Jon and Moon and also Symo did a huge amount to create it and set its traditions
[2011/12/18 08:46] Sudane Erato: could you give us the link again?
[2011/12/18 08:46] Tor Karlsvalt: I think so also.
[2011/12/18 08:46] Tor Karlsvalt: tradition is important.
[2011/12/18 08:46] Trebor Warcliffe: We're going to remove all those restrictions Pat?
[2011/12/18 08:46] Tor Karlsvalt: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1875#p11297
[2011/12/18 08:46] Trebor Warcliffe: Yes we have to keep some of our past with us.
[2011/12/18 08:47] Tor Karlsvalt: There is a lot of legitimacy in tradition also.
[2011/12/18 08:47] Pat (patroklus.murakami): that is what i have proposed. i don't think they make sense any more. if there's a conflcit of interest issue let's handle it
[2011/12/18 08:47] Sudane Erato: i agree completely with Pat's proposal
[2011/12/18 08:47] Trebor Warcliffe: Im leaning that way to
[2011/12/18 08:47] Tor Karlsvalt: yes, but really we make too much of the confict of interest stuff
[2011/12/18 08:47] Sudane Erato: second :)
[2011/12/18 08:48] Tor Karlsvalt: nobody is getting rich off the CDS.
[2011/12/18 08:48] Trebor Warcliffe: no
[2011/12/18 08:48] Sudane Erato: lol :)
[2011/12/18 08:48] Sudane Erato: all those high paid stipend receivers are!
[2011/12/18 08:48] Tor Karlsvalt: and we need to move forward and not get all tangled in rules.
[2011/12/18 08:48] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[2011/12/18 08:48] Trebor Warcliffe: And we need to encourage participation not restrict it
[2011/12/18 08:48] Pat (patroklus.murakami): :) @ sudane
[2011/12/18 08:48] Tor Karlsvalt: well, I need a new sweater, but my stipend got cut.
[2011/12/18 08:49] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2011/12/18 08:49] Tor Karlsvalt: and cds doesn't heat this drafty hall
[2011/12/18 08:49] Trebor Warcliffe: Natural sunlight heat
[2011/12/18 08:49] Sudane Erato: just LOOK at my undershirt!!
[2011/12/18 08:49] Tor Karlsvalt: do we vote now?
[2011/12/18 08:49] Trebor Warcliffe: Ok Pat so if we do this today who is goign to make it an official announcement
[2011/12/18 08:49] Trebor Warcliffe: I nominate you LOL
[2011/12/18 08:49] Tor Karlsvalt: hmmm
[2011/12/18 08:50] Pat (patroklus.murakami): haha!
[2011/12/18 08:50] Sudane Erato: I'd be happy to announce it
[2011/12/18 08:50] Trebor Warcliffe: I figure I've pissed off enough people in the 18 days Ive been Chancellor
[2011/12/18 08:50] Shep (shep.titian): One question
[2011/12/18 08:50] Tor Karlsvalt: :)
[2011/12/18 08:50] Sudane Erato: get you all off the hook
[2011/12/18 08:50] Trebor Warcliffe: Yes Shep?
[2011/12/18 08:50] Shep (shep.titian): I read that ver quicky .. it mentions tuition
[2011/12/18 08:51] Sudane Erato: the school part, yes
[2011/12/18 08:51] Trebor Warcliffe: Dont think youre reading the right one
[2011/12/18 08:51] Shep (shep.titian): s one of the remits
[2011/12/18 08:51] Trebor Warcliffe: Hold on Ill copy adn paste for you
[2011/12/18 08:51] Shep (shep.titian): No its ok
[2011/12/18 08:51] Trebor Warcliffe: 22.The following citizens can not be Secretary of the Board:
* The Chair of the NG Faculty
* The Chancellor of the CDS, and all members of the Executive Branch
* The Members of the RA
* .The Chairs of the SC.
[2011/12/18 08:51] Shep (shep.titian): IJst wondered about the requirement for teaching
[2011/12/18 08:52] Trebor Warcliffe: ok sorry
[2011/12/18 08:52] Shep (shep.titian): I've seen no evidence of any
[2011/12/18 08:52] Tor Karlsvalt: that is the faculty
[2011/12/18 08:52] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i thnk that's faculty. and the faculty is not working yet
[2011/12/18 08:52] Sudane Erato: the Faculty/School part of the NG has always been considered a separate program
[2011/12/18 08:52] Trebor Warcliffe: The way I feel if someone is knowledabke I welcome them to teach some classes
[2011/12/18 08:52] Pat (patroklus.murakami): would be very nice to have it work tho
[2011/12/18 08:52] Shep (shep.titian): Then it needs to be addressed
[2011/12/18 08:52] Trebor Warcliffe: and will do alll I can to make it happen
[2011/12/18 08:52] Sudane Erato: and hardly ever implemented
[2011/12/18 08:52] Tor Karlsvalt: yes, I agree
[2011/12/18 08:53] Trebor Warcliffe: So Shep if you know some interested people bring them in and lets sit down with them
[2011/12/18 08:53] Trebor Warcliffe: not right this second but you understand what Im saying
[2011/12/18 08:53] Sudane Erato: that would be great!
[2011/12/18 08:53] Tor Karlsvalt: mabye we could look into some connectin with NCI or Builder's Brewery.
[2011/12/18 08:53] Shep (shep.titian): You are all saying keep NG and as far as I can see it was'nt doing what it should anyway
[2011/12/18 08:54] Tor Karlsvalt: I think you are right Shep
[2011/12/18 08:54] Trebor Warcliffe: I would love for someone to take the time to reach out to some of these groups and encourage them to run some classes in CDS
[2011/12/18 08:54] Sudane Erato: well, it DID function well in the building of the sims
[2011/12/18 08:54] Trebor Warcliffe: yes it did
[2011/12/18 08:54] Shep (shep.titian): Yes it would be good
[2011/12/18 08:54] Sudane Erato: but the school program never worked
[2011/12/18 08:54] Trebor Warcliffe: The Faculty was and is a wonderful idea
[2011/12/18 08:54] Trebor Warcliffe: but it needs people to pull it off
[2011/12/18 08:54] Pat (patroklus.murakami): the NG ran well when it had someone like moon as its leader. she was an excellent builder but also really good at bringign ppl together
[2011/12/18 08:54] Tor Karlsvalt: yes, then it has been three years since we added a sim.
[2011/12/18 08:54] Shep (shep.titian): Do we have any sand box facilties?
[2011/12/18 08:54] Pat (patroklus.murakami): symo did well too
[2011/12/18 08:55] Sudane Erato: Jon pays for some, yes
[2011/12/18 08:55] Shep (shep.titian): See I did'nt know thios
[2011/12/18 08:55] Tor Karlsvalt: a small sandbox at the villa of the pines.
[2011/12/18 08:55] Pat (patroklus.murakami): but we need to get it back off the ground first. baby steps
[2011/12/18 08:55] Tor Karlsvalt: Near where you had a house I think shep
[2011/12/18 08:55] Tor Karlsvalt: across from my temple in CN.
[2011/12/18 08:55] Shep (shep.titian): and a citizen not 'joined' in would'nt think to ask
[2011/12/18 08:56] Shep (shep.titian): Ok
[2011/12/18 08:56] Shep (shep.titian): Sorry for all the points
[2011/12/18 08:56] Tor Karlsvalt: well you need to contact Jon for rights to the sandbox.
[2011/12/18 08:56] Tor Karlsvalt: Jon Seattle
[2011/12/18 08:56] Shep (shep.titian): But I'm handy in that I'm fresh eyes
[2011/12/18 08:57] Trebor Warcliffe: Pat the main reason for my veto was I felt the NG wasn't given enough time to fill the NG Sec of Board position adn that citizen input wasnt taken into consideration before the RA voted on the committee. Now I feel we took the time to fill the position and we were unable to do it at this time. For this reason I have no problem withdrawing my two vetos.
[2011/12/18 08:57] Sudane Erato: Shep, its great that you bring these up, because you're one of the few new people to jump into this
[2011/12/18 08:57] Tor Karlsvalt: yes, sudane.
[2011/12/18 08:57] Pat (patroklus.murakami): that's very helpful, thanks trebor :)
[2011/12/18 08:57] Trebor Warcliffe: thank you
[2011/12/18 08:57] Trebor Warcliffe: As soon as we're done here consider it doen
[2011/12/18 08:57] Trebor Warcliffe: done
[2011/12/18 08:58] Sudane Erato: so do we vote on this motion?
[2011/12/18 08:58] Trebor Warcliffe: I'm ready to vote
[2011/12/18 08:58] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i'm ready to vote
[2011/12/18 08:58] Tor Karlsvalt: me too
[2011/12/18 08:58] Trebor Warcliffe: Aslong as Pat is the point person lol
[2011/12/18 08:58] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[2011/12/18 08:59] Tor Karlsvalt: well all in favor?
[2011/12/18 08:59] Trebor Warcliffe: Lets offically state the motion pleaswe
[2011/12/18 08:59] Trebor Warcliffe: please
[2011/12/18 08:59] Pat (patroklus.murakami): shall i repost it?
[2011/12/18 08:59] Trebor Warcliffe: after all this will be on the forums no>?
[2011/12/18 08:59] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i move that we, acting as the Board of the New Guild, amend the charter to delete para 22 of seciton 3 (The Board) and invite nominations for NG Secretary
[2011/12/18 08:59] Tor Karlsvalt: BTW this is a motion to remove #22 form the charter under the Board
[2011/12/18 08:59] Sudane Erato: i second
[2011/12/18 08:59] Tor Karlsvalt: good
[2011/12/18 08:59] Tor Karlsvalt: all in favor?
[2011/12/18 08:59] Trebor Warcliffe: aye
[2011/12/18 08:59] Pat (patroklus.murakami): aye
[2011/12/18 08:59] Sudane Erato: aye
[2011/12/18 09:00] Tor Karlsvalt: Shep?
[2011/12/18 09:00] Shep (shep.titian): aye
[2011/12/18 09:00] Tor Karlsvalt: aye
[2011/12/18 09:00] Sudane Erato: unanimous
[2011/12/18 09:00] Pat (patroklus.murakami): yay!
[2011/12/18 09:00] Shep (shep.titian): sorry one finger typist )
[2011/12/18 09:00] Tor Karlsvalt: :)
[2011/12/18 09:00] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2011/12/18 09:00] Trebor Warcliffe: excellent
[2011/12/18 09:00] Trebor Warcliffe: I think this move will really open the doors to the NG
[2011/12/18 09:00] Sudane Erato: YES!!
[2011/12/18 09:00] Tor Karlsvalt: me too
[2011/12/18 09:01] Sudane Erato: praise the lord
[2011/12/18 09:01] Tor Karlsvalt: Like pat says if there are serious problems we can deal with them on a case by cases basis.
[2011/12/18 09:01] Trebor Warcliffe: yup
[2011/12/18 09:01] Tor Karlsvalt: hooray and Amen!
[2011/12/18 09:01] Sudane Erato: so... Pat will announce this?... or would you want me to?
[2011/12/18 09:01] Sudane Erato: and
[2011/12/18 09:01] Pat (patroklus.murakami): would you mind sudane/
[2011/12/18 09:01] Pat (patroklus.murakami): ?
[2011/12/18 09:01] Sudane Erato: we should set a new meeting
[2011/12/18 09:02] Sudane Erato: not at all!
[2011/12/18 09:02] Sudane Erato: but... please do me a favor, since you are much better with legalese
[2011/12/18 09:02] Trebor Warcliffe: next weekend is Christmas Eve and Day
[2011/12/18 09:02] Pat (patroklus.murakami): when shall we meet again? we need to give time for nominations and the holidays are upon us
[2011/12/18 09:02] Tor Karlsvalt: and new years the next week
[2011/12/18 09:02] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i'll email you some text sudane?
[2011/12/18 09:02] Trebor Warcliffe: New Years isnt as bad
[2011/12/18 09:03] Trebor Warcliffe: At least I dont think so
[2011/12/18 09:03] Trebor Warcliffe: I htink New years eve morning 11am SLT
[2011/12/18 09:03] Shep (shep.titian): People will be busy
[2011/12/18 09:03] Trebor Warcliffe: would be good
[2011/12/18 09:03] Shep (shep.titian): make it the 7th
[2011/12/18 09:03] Tor Karlsvalt: or hung over
[2011/12/18 09:03] Trebor Warcliffe: what about during the week>
[2011/12/18 09:03] Pat (patroklus.murakami): 7th is RA meeting. but could be before or after
[2011/12/18 09:03] Sudane Erato: weekends please
[2011/12/18 09:03] Trebor Warcliffe: lol Tor its New years Eve morning lol
[2011/12/18 09:03] Trebor Warcliffe: ok Sudane
[2011/12/18 09:03] Sudane Erato: sorry... but weekdays are hard for a lot of people
[2011/12/18 09:04] Trebor Warcliffe: True
[2011/12/18 09:04] Shep (shep.titian): By the 7th people will be looking for the next interesting thing
[2011/12/18 09:04] Tor Karlsvalt: we ahve an event NY Eve at 3:30 slt
[2011/12/18 09:04] Sudane Erato: yeah... i agree w Shep
[2011/12/18 09:04] Trebor Warcliffe: Shoot for the 7th than what time does the RA meet on that day
[2011/12/18 09:04] Tor Karlsvalt: me too
[2011/12/18 09:04] Tor Karlsvalt: it is still technically christmas until the 7th
[2011/12/18 09:04] Sudane Erato: i think Anna said 9
[2011/12/18 09:04] Shep (shep.titian): Not sure * hides head in shame lol
[2011/12/18 09:04] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2011/12/18 09:05] Pat (patroklus.murakami): yup 9am
[2011/12/18 09:05] Trebor Warcliffe: 2 hours for RA
[2011/12/18 09:05] Sudane Erato: at least! :)
[2011/12/18 09:05] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[2011/12/18 09:05] Trebor Warcliffe: so we have the NG meerting at 11:30
[2011/12/18 09:05] Sudane Erato: :))
[2011/12/18 09:05] Trebor Warcliffe: allows for a little overrun
[2011/12/18 09:05] Trebor Warcliffe: or Noon
[2011/12/18 09:05] Shep (shep.titian): Ok with me
[2011/12/18 09:05] Sudane Erato: ok with me too :)
[2011/12/18 09:05] Trebor Warcliffe: whatever you guys think is best
[2011/12/18 09:05] Tor Karlsvalt: Tor Karlsvalt might sleep in for RA
[2011/12/18 09:05] Trebor Warcliffe: Noon is 8pm for Europe
[2011/12/18 09:06] Sudane Erato: you mean sleep thu?
[2011/12/18 09:06] Trebor Warcliffe: wouldnt want to go much later than that then
[2011/12/18 09:06] Sudane Erato: btw, the RA might well debate our action here
[2011/12/18 09:06] Tor Karlsvalt: haha eys
[2011/12/18 09:06] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i won't be able to attend (on holiday far from wifi!) but not a problem
[2011/12/18 09:06] Tor Karlsvalt: oh geesh good point Pat
[2011/12/18 09:07] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i'll ask anna to put this on the agenda for RA meeting
[2011/12/18 09:07] Trebor Warcliffe: it is possible Sudane. Its a bridge we'll cross if we have to.
[2011/12/18 09:07] Tor Karlsvalt: ok, might show up but don't say anything if I still have my fuzzy slippers on.
[2011/12/18 09:07] Pat (patroklus.murakami): so we can invite RA to approved the amended charter
[2011/12/18 09:07] Trebor Warcliffe: at last you wear slippers
[2011/12/18 09:07] Trebor Warcliffe: you dont want me on webcam right now LOL
[2011/12/18 09:07] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[2011/12/18 09:07] Sudane Erato: haha
[2011/12/18 09:08] Shep (shep.titian): :O
[2011/12/18 09:08] Trebor Warcliffe: Ok Pat do you want to post this chat on the forums?
[2011/12/18 09:08] Tor Karlsvalt: I have to say I really like this room.
[2011/12/18 09:08] Trebor Warcliffe: me too Tor
[2011/12/18 09:08] Trebor Warcliffe: nice style
[2011/12/18 09:08] Sudane Erato: TY boys :)
[2011/12/18 09:09] Tor Karlsvalt: yw
[2011/12/18 09:09] Pat (patroklus.murakami): oh, i thought you were going to post this trebor? i'm not sure i'm logging this
[2011/12/18 09:09] Trebor Warcliffe: ok i will
[2011/12/18 09:09] Pat (patroklus.murakami): tu
[2011/12/18 09:09] Trebor Warcliffe: I'll do it after we adjourn
[2011/12/18 09:09] Trebor Warcliffe: and withdraw my veto
[2011/12/18 09:10] Tor Karlsvalt: Great!
[2011/12/18 09:10] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i can never find any settings now the viewer keeps changing. god alone knows if/where any of my chat ends up!
[2011/12/18 09:10] Trebor Warcliffe: Now Sudane is going to post the information about the vote here today?
[2011/12/18 09:10] Sudane Erato: Pat... i gree!!
[2011/12/18 09:10] Tor Karlsvalt: that is a problem Pat.
[2011/12/18 09:10] Sudane Erato: yes, i'll announce it
[2011/12/18 09:11] Tor Karlsvalt: or worse you find that the setting got turned off
[2011/12/18 09:11] Pat (patroklus.murakami): right, now it's under 'privacy' not 'chat'. that makes sense
[2011/12/18 09:11] Sudane Erato: k... must go
[2011/12/18 09:11] Tor Karlsvalt: bye Sudane
[2011/12/18 09:11] Trebor Warcliffe: Ok and who is going to make a forum posting announcing the search for a NG Sec of the Board and the new availabilities
[2011/12/18 09:11] Sudane Erato: oh
[2011/12/18 09:11] Tor Karlsvalt: fantastic
[2011/12/18 09:11] Trebor Warcliffe: or does that fo with Sudanes posting?
[2011/12/18 09:11] Shep (shep.titian): Bye
[2011/12/18 09:11] Pat (patroklus.murakami): i'll give some text to sudane to post with that?
[2011/12/18 09:11] Tor Karlsvalt: but should we wait until after the RA approves the charter
[2011/12/18 09:11] Sudane Erato: i could do that too
[2011/12/18 09:12] Tor Karlsvalt: no matter really I susppose
[2011/12/18 09:12] Sudane Erato: let's assume the RA will approve our changes
[2011/12/18 09:12] Trebor Warcliffe: yes
[2011/12/18 09:12] Tor Karlsvalt: k
[2011/12/18 09:12] Trebor Warcliffe: agreed
[2011/12/18 09:12] Sudane Erato: if they don't ... we seccede
[2011/12/18 09:12] Tor Karlsvalt: haha
[2011/12/18 09:12] Sudane Erato: :)
[2011/12/18 09:12] Trebor Warcliffe: So were adjorned?
[2011/12/18 09:12] Shep (shep.titian): I don't see a problem
[2011/12/18 09:13] Pat (patroklus.murakami): me neither
[2011/12/18 09:13] Tor Karlsvalt: have to practice my reble yell
[2011/12/18 09:13] Shep (shep.titian): Lol
[2011/12/18 09:13] Shep (shep.titian): At the midnight hour?
[2011/12/18 09:13] Tor Karlsvalt: yup
[2011/12/18 09:13] Sudane Erato: k... hye all
[2011/12/18 09:13] Trebor Warcliffe: midnight is for howling
[2011/12/18 09:13] Trebor Warcliffe: bye Sudane
[2011/12/18 09:13] Tor Karlsvalt: bye Sudane
[2011/12/18 09:13] Pat (patroklus.murakami): oh lord, billy idol?
[2011/12/18 09:13] Shep (shep.titian): Lol
[2011/12/18 09:14] Shep (shep.titian): More more more
[2011/12/18 09:14] Trebor Warcliffe: lol Billy Idol was cool when I was younger lol
[2011/12/18 09:14] Shep (shep.titian): He;s the closest I've seen to human desication while alive
[2011/12/18 09:14] Pat (patroklus.murakami): okay i'm off. i'll leave the rockers to it :)
[2011/12/18 09:15] Tor Karlsvalt: Really I have not followed him
[2011/12/18 09:15] Trebor Warcliffe: me to have to hit the forums
[2011/12/18 09:15] Shep (shep.titian): lol Bye Pat
[2011/12/18 09:15] Tor Karlsvalt: bye Pat
[2011/12/18 09:15] Pat (patroklus.murakami): cheerio
[2011/12/18 09:16] Trebor Warcliffe: See everyone later
[2011/12/18 09:16] Tor Karlsvalt: thanks for calling the meetng Treb
[2011/12/18 09:16] Tor Karlsvalt: cu later
Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”