NG Meeting to discuss LA insula - Oct 22 @ 1 pm slt

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
FernLeissa
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Colonia Nova

NG Meeting to discuss LA insula - Oct 22 @ 1 pm slt

Post by FernLeissa »

The New Guild Secretary has appointed an ad hoc committee to look at plots in LA that could accommodate insula and to make a proposal at the October 29th New Guild meeting.

Members appointed to the committee are Pip, Fern, Tor, Trebor and Alexia.

Everyone is welcome to attend the committee meeting scheduled for October 22 at 1 pm slt. We will be meeting in the street, just beside VestiaMotion, so that we can walk around and look at different potential plots. Dress accordingly.

There has already been discussion about placing insula around a central courtyard using Plot nos. 4-7 as well as the possibility of placing them just outside the wall as you exit Colonia Nova (plot nos. 21-22?), although specific plots were not discussed in this second case.

The rationale behind identifying potential plots is so the builders know the size and orientation of plots that their buildings would have to accommodate.

Please post comments and ideas to this forum, especially if you will be unable to make the meeting on Saturday.

Fern
FernLeissa

User avatar
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 am
Location: Alpine Meadows, CDS/Florida, USA

Re: NG Meeting to discuss LA insula - Oct 22 @ 1 pm slt

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

In advance of tomorrow's meeting I'd like to present my insulae proposal. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8zbEv ... 3&hl=en_US

See ya tomorrow,

Trebor
Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: NG Meeting to discuss LA insula - Oct 22 @ 1 pm slt

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

I'm not sure that I will be able to attend the committee meeting Sunday to discuss the insula. I look forward to the discussion of the committees findings and any proposals at the New Guild meeting on the 29th. We will formally vote on any proposals at that time.

Regards Ceasar
Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

FernLeissa
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Colonia Nova

Re: NG Meeting to discuss LA insula - Oct 22 @ 1 pm slt

Post by FernLeissa »

The New Guild ad hoc committee and a number of other interested CDS citizens met in Locus Amoenus on Saturday, October 22nd at 1 pm slt .

The group decided to recommend to the Secretary of the New Guild, Ceasar Xigalia, that we build insulae on P.04-P.07, the central courtyard for these plots and a portion of the public land (Land Verwaltung) that runs between P.06/P.07 and P.08/P.09.

There was also an informal meeting of a number of CDS citizens on Oct 15th that recommended using land in this same area of LA for the creation of insulae.

Fern
FernLeissa

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”