Is anyone actually creating some new buildings?

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Is anyone actually creating some new buildings?

Post by Rosie Gray »

Hello all. I'm new to this group and to NFS and CDS, so have been catching up on how everything works by reading the forums. There is so much bureaucracy to wade through that it is a daunting process!

What I am wondering is if anyone is actually doing some work on replacing the outdated buildings on NFS. I love the sim concept, but frankly much of it is pretty outdated according to current SL building techniques, and I believe this is reflected in the lack of people who stay or participate or buy anything from the merchants there.

I've seen posts with discussions about this, and buildings marked as being the ones to focus on, but is anything being created now? How can I participate? I have owned sims, created many large structures (and small ones) in theme, and would like to help here if possible. The thing is, I only have July and August to do it in, before I will become too busy. I don't care about being paid for it, an honorarium would be fine - I just want to do something other than read forums. I could easily rez some examples of my work if anyone is interested.

To me, the reason for being in SL is about being and doing within its framework, not on forums, so I apologize if I've missed something somewhere about all of this.

thanks for reading,
Rosie

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Is anyone actually creating some new buildings?

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Hi Rosie

Good to see another person enthusiastic about building and renovating in the CDS. You need to get in touch with Moon Adamant who is the Secretary of the New Guild. The NG is an organisation of builders (and other creatives) open to all CDS citizens. The NG has been responsible for building most of the public structures in the CDS and sim layout etc.

I think there are lots of things that need doing in the CDS - the redevelopment of the Altenstadt area of Neufreistadt for example.

But.... if you only have July and August (and July is already half gone) you might find things move too slowly for you! Decisions tend to be taken more slowly here because we are a democracy and everyone feels they own the public space and will have an opinion on how it should be developed. (On the rest of the non-democratic grid you could just ask the sim owner, agree what will be done and get on with it. We don't work like that).

I don't want to put you off because it would be great to have your contribution. I just want to manage your expectations about the time taken to get a consensus on what needs doing and how it should be done.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Is anyone actually creating some new buildings?

Post by Rosie Gray »

Thanks for your reply Patroklus. I have joined the NG, but have never been online when Moon Adamant is (at least that I can tell). I understand that things move slowly regarding decisions on renovations, or anything else it seems, in CDS. I'm trying to be involved in CDS, but I've got to say that it is pretty hard going.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”