Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Everywhere

Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:15] You: let's start
[9:15] You: click the orange cube for agenda
[9:16] You: and remember that this meeting will be transcripted in our forum
[9:16] Rose Springvale: and i'm in official capacity finally?
[9:16] You: yes, you are
[9:16] You: both you and Sudane are heads of your respective departments
[9:17] Jamie Palisades: :)
[9:17] You: which you are free to organize as you want
[9:17] Rose Springvale: lol
[9:17] You: but you must publish the internal procedures
[9:17] You: you can also grab victims, etc for them
[9:17] Rose Springvale: i see :)
[9:17] Jamie Palisades: 'grab victims'
[9:17] Jamie Palisades: quaint
[9:17] You: grab volunteers
[9:17] Jamie Palisades: brb
[9:18] You: in fact Rose
[9:18] Rose Springvale: yes?
[9:18] You: point 1 has already to do with your two deps
[9:18] Rose Springvale: oh?
[9:18] You: By decision of the RA, pre-sales start today for Locus Amoenus
[9:18] Rose Springvale: hmm
[9:19] Sudane Erato: yeah...
[9:19] You: At the same time, the Chancellor approved the schedule, pricing and budget for the sim
[9:19] Sudane Erato: Rose, i wasn't clear wghat you have reserved
[9:19] You: Schedule is:
[9:19] Sudane Erato: so I set 41 and 42
[9:19] You: sim to be bought by August 1, delivered by Sept 1
[9:20] You: Pricing to be
[9:20] Sudane Erato: "delivered" by us, that is
[9:20] Rose Springvale: its because i was drinking and repeated.. are those the two adjacent to my land?
[9:20] You: exactly
[9:20] Sudane Erato: hehe... yes
[9:20] Rose Springvale: kk
[9:20] Rose Springvale: i need to look at prices lol
[9:20] You: aha
[9:20] You: that is all posted in the forums and at the blog
[9:20] You: one sec while i get the URLS
[9:20] Rose Springvale: no need, i've got it
[9:21] You: yes, but for teh record
[9:21] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:21] You: http://locus-amoenus.slcds.info/
[9:21] Rose Springvale: so, um. not sure how that involves my 'department'... :)
[9:22] You: and http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... S_zFEpcEdg
[9:22] You: just one sec
[9:22] You: to be on teh record too
[9:22] You: final pricing is
[9:22] You: SALE… @ US$0.05/sqm 512 sqm L$7552 1024 sqm L$15104
[9:22] You: TIER… @ L$4.35/sqm 512 sqm L$2227/month 1024 sqm L$4454/month
[9:23] You: as to what respects budget
[9:23] You: budget and its corresponding task list are posted in
[9:24] You: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1967
[9:24] You: it will be necessary
[9:24] You: that your dep Rose
[9:24] You: deals with IP as people complete tasks and are paid for it
[9:24] Rose Springvale: oh yes
[9:25] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[9:25] Rose Springvale: and i'd like to get with Alex this week and do what we can from the AM group as well
[9:25] Rose Springvale: would lke to clean up some of those loose ends
[9:25] Sudane Erato: who will tell me that tasks are satistaforily completed and must be paid for?
[9:25] You: i think i have shared with you a Gdoc with the most updated tasks
[9:25] Rose Springvale: yes
[9:25] You: BAC
[9:26] Rose Springvale: who is on BAC?
[9:26] Sudane Erato: and if there is no BAC
[9:26] You: well, atm, i volunteered to be in BAC
[9:26] Sudane Erato: then no one gets paid? :)
[9:26] You: they will get paid
[9:26] Rose Springvale: symo and cindy have both volunteered already
[9:26] You: if no one is in BAC, then Chair and Sec will decide
[9:26] Sudane Erato: great
[9:27] Jon Seattle: Hi everyone.. does anyone know how to keep the world from spining? I lagged while turing and now cannot stop..
[9:27] You: but mind you that Faculty hasn't met yet
[9:27] You: try to alt-click some point to fasten your camera to it
[9:27] Rose Springvale: so my job is to wait until bac accepts, then assure that ip licenses are complete and then certify to sudane that payments should be made?
[9:27] Jon Seattle: yay, it stopped finally!
[9:27] Rose Springvale: but does she actually get direction from anyone other than chancellor to pay?
[9:27] Rose Springvale: lol jon
[9:27] You: let's study that process
[9:28] Rose Springvale: i usually just stop drinking to get that to happen
[9:28] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:28] You: someone builds something, a bridge say, or a garden
[9:28] Rose Springvale: foot on the floor sometimes helps too ;)
[9:28] You: he says its complete
[9:28] Sudane Erato: (funny feeling we've been here before... can't quiote place it)
[9:28] You: BAC goes there and evaluates
[9:28] Rose Springvale: (back when AM was starting)
[9:29] You: if cleared, then BAC informs you that you can prepare the IP license
[9:29] You: and informs Sudane that the person must be paid
[9:29] You: now
[9:29] Rose Springvale: jamie are you still gone?
[9:29] You: since Sudane is both Guild Trasurer and CDS treasurer
[9:30] Rose Springvale: sorry, not meaning to interrupt
[9:30] Sudane Erato: hope i remember and spend the right money!
[9:30] You: with the budget already approved
[9:30] Jamie Palisades: rose I am here
[9:30] You: she can pay directly
[9:30] You: correct?
[9:30] Jamie Palisades: moon - that last tw steps :)
[9:30] You: yes, Jamie?
[9:30] Jamie Palisades: get license from artisan THEN pay, yes? not other way around
[9:30] Sudane Erato: well, the funds of the Guild don't come into this at all, right?
[9:31] Jamie Palisades the lawyer smiles
[9:31] You: yes, of course Jamie
[9:31] You: and at same time
[9:31] Jamie Palisades: thx
[9:31] You: Rose must make sure that Aliasi gets a copy of the thing
[9:31] Rose Springvale: we have quite a process here lol
[9:32] You: namely, i think that Aliasi should pass a receipt in two copies
[9:32] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:32] You: one for the builder, another for Rose
[9:32] Jamie Palisades: or whoever content archivist is :)
[9:32] Rose Springvale: of the license agreement, not the item
[9:32] You: yes, currently it's Aliasi
[9:32] Rose Springvale: rose doesn't want to archive builds :)
[9:32] You: no, Rose, you should get a receipt that the item was delivered to the CA
[9:33] Rose Springvale: ah, okay
[9:33] Rose Springvale: would be nice to do that all simultaneously
[9:33] You: yes
[9:33] You: if we could do all this simulatenously it would be good
[9:33] You: we can try to hmmm
[9:34] Rose Springvale: i'm thinking perhaps we'll set up meetings, once or twice a week, where we all can be there.
[9:34] Rose Springvale: the CA, Me, Su, Builders?
[9:34] You: ssay that we do an IP license meeting?
[9:34] You: yes
[9:34] Sudane Erato: twice a week!!
[9:34] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:34] Sudane Erato: no way! :)
[9:34] Rose Springvale: just for a minute or two!
[9:34] You: lol, what about ione hour before Guild?
[9:34] Sudane Erato: we'll see
[9:34] Rose Springvale: its sunday morning lol
[9:34] You: or 30 minutes?
[9:34] Sudane Erato: there is no such thing as a min or two mtg in the CDS
[9:34] Rose Springvale: well, whatever works. I never see Ali in the daytime.
[9:35] Rose Springvale: sudane. hehe
[9:35] Rose Springvale: i can do it :)
[9:35] You: yes, it's at least 30 minutes
[9:35] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:35] You: but Rose
[9:35] You: mark it to 8.30 AM Sundays
[9:35] Rose Springvale: moon dear?
[9:35] You: then the builders can stay and attend teh Guild meeting :)
[9:35] You: yes?
[9:35] Rose Springvale: lol
[9:35] Rose Springvale: okay.
[9:36] Rose Springvale: lets see what we need
[9:36] You: or then, AFTER the guild meeting
[9:36] Rose Springvale: we'll work that out.
[9:37] Rose Springvale: we don't even have the sim yet :)
[9:37] Jamie Palisades: do we see much of ali at all? I see forum postings occasionally -- sorry to ask he obvious Q, but does anyone have a data point on the dwegree of realization of exiostence of the 'conten archive'. I;m sure our former leadet is a fine person and diligent, but would love to know that we have some triangulation of the archive's tangible existence ...
[9:37] You: i am not sure what to tell you Jamie,
[9:37] Sudane Erato: triangultion??
[9:38] You: except that myself am in fault lol
[9:38] Rose Springvale: i see her on line late at night often
[9:38] You: as to what regards AM and biergarten
[9:38] Rose Springvale: but not for any length of time
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: Heck Aliaisi is the leader of my faction, smile
[9:38] You: (have to repack biergarten)
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: here is my point
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: all resources should be know, ad dupliacted - so it falls t the guild to make sure that's treu in my impertinent cview
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: you might call uit the "No single Point of Failure" rule
[9:39] You: hmmmm no
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: or "No More .. er... never mind, grin
[9:39] You: actually, the CA is not dependent on the Guild
[9:39] Rose Springvale: no, its a CDS officer, not guild
[9:39] Rose Springvale: though i wonder why we aren't just using guilda?
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: :) So Moon, when you build a biergarten, what happens next from a CA point of view?
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: Iknow you watych roles carefully - where's the Guild's interest in archiving leave off?
[9:40] Jon Seattle: Ah, Guila does not exist -- but Sudane has a replacement.
[9:40] You: well, i send a License agreement to the Chancellor
[9:40] Rose Springvale: (the new Guilda jon :) )
[9:40] You: and simultaneously a copy of the build to the CA
[9:40] Jon Seattle: The more copies the better
[9:40] You: that should, i think, pass me a receipt
[9:41] Rose Springvale: actually, the license agreement should come to me
[9:41] Rose Springvale: and when the chancellor has signed, i'll send receipts
[9:41] You: oh, i'll send you mine for the biergarten
[9:41] Rose Springvale: or is that just for new simes?
[9:41] You: and you can send Alex a copy lol
[9:41] Rose Springvale: simes
[9:41] Rose Springvale: okay
[9:41] Sudane Erato: Guilda Guisse is NOT available for content issues!
[9:41] Rose Springvale: hehe
[9:41] Rose Springvale: almost snuck it in
[9:41] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:41] You: the question is
[9:42] Rose Springvale: in a two minute meeting it would have been DONE ;)
[9:42] You: who archives the IPs?
[9:42] You: i think it should be the Guild
[9:42] You: failing any public solution
[9:42] You: like a page in our blog, or something
[9:42] Jon Seattle: Well, are we a party to the agreement? Or doing the archiving on contract?
[9:43] You: for LA, we are agents
[9:43] Rose Springvale: let me work on that.. i still need to work out signatures to my satisfaction, and it's possible we could use a web based signing
[9:43] You: ok
[9:43] You: i am looking forward to let you work on that!
[9:43] Rose Springvale: lets table and i'll get with su and we'll figure out a procedure this week
[9:44] Rose Springvale: in a two minute meeting :)
[9:44] You: ok, thank you both
[9:44] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:44] You: lol
[9:44] Rose Springvale: across the ether :)
[9:44] You: point 2
[9:44] Sudane Erato: i'll bring my timer :)
[9:44] Jon Seattle: Web based signing might be better -- as it might have a better argument in RL.
[9:44] You: 2. Textures and texture content theft
[9:44] You: nothing to report
[9:44] Rose Springvale: last night
[9:44] You: unless the following
[9:45] Rose Springvale: sorry
[9:45] Rose Springvale needs to sit on her typing fingers
[9:45] You: i am trying to settle a protocol between universities so that the digimarking system can be done
[9:45] You: but this is taking time
[9:46] You: it most possibly won't be a CDS-resident thing, but ihope to be able to get special conditions for the NG
[9:47] You: and that's all for the moment
[9:47] Rose Springvale: just wanted to report an incident
[9:47] You: oh?
[9:47] Rose Springvale: i've rezzed a roman pool on my land in CN, that satir built, but didn't take back the rez box yet, because i'm not sure i'm keeping the land
[9:48] Rose Springvale: last night i went there, and a duplicate of the rez box, with another creators name and ownership was floating above it
[9:48] Rose Springvale: with her logo, texture, etc
[9:48] You: hmmmm
[9:48] Rose Springvale: identical
[9:48] Rose Springvale: we left it there because she wanted to follow up.. satir is a bit of a fanatic about that stuff
[9:48] Jon Seattle: wow! thats brazen
[9:48] Rose Springvale: she spoke to dnate
[9:48] You: i have heard that there's a gang of replicators acting around
[9:48] Rose Springvale: who told her to tell me to report to SC for banning
[9:48] Rose Springvale: this morning
[9:49] Rose Springvale: the prim is gone
[9:49] You: you can tell her
[9:49] You: that the info i have on that gang
[9:49] Rose Springvale: but it wasn't returned by anyon wiht land rights. Okay
[9:49] You: is that they're brazilians
[9:49] Rose Springvale: ah
[9:49] Rose Springvale: well
[9:49] You: so the culprit went back and finished teh job
[9:49] You: and removed the stuff
[9:50] Rose Springvale: if satir finds out who.. hehe
[9:50] You: they're very organized
[9:50] You: they set shops where they sell copied stuff
[9:50] You: until anyone complains
[9:50] You: then they remove the stuff, and generally also the shop
[9:50] You: and open another shop elsewhere
[9:50] Rose Springvale: yes, one of the things satir did for TRU was find them
[9:51] You: you can report the incident also to Gwen Carillion
[9:51] You: who - i am not sure you know - leads a grpoup that is trying to fight content stealers
[9:51] Jon Seattle: Gwen's group -- the content makers association -- might be a good clearing house for information.
[9:51] Rose Springvale: i'm sure satir is involved, yes
[9:52] Rose Springvale: anyway, she's on top of action, but the point is, we are not exempt in CDS from this
[9:52] You: yes we are not
[9:52] You: atm
[9:52] You: there is NOTHING we can do about prim stealing
[9:52] You: copying*
[9:52] Jon Seattle: Content Creators Associtation (the correct name)
[9:52] Rose Springvale: thanks
[9:52] You: but we surely can defend our textures with a digimark
[9:53] You: ok
[9:53] Jon Seattle: yes, though you still have to find the thing, and then try to file a DMCA.. LL has been slow about following up I understand.
[9:53] You: 4. School spaces remodelling
[9:54] You: yes, but better than nothing
[9:54] Jamie Palisades smiles
[9:54] You: and if i am a registed author
[9:54] Jamie Palisades: better threat than reality
[9:54] You: i can sue
[9:54] Jamie Palisades: but the threat;s not without effect itself
[9:54] Jon Seattle: true :)
[9:55] You: specially as you need a spy to spy the digimark
[9:55] You: and that's the tricky part to retro-engineer :)
[9:55] You: ok
[9:55] You: 4. School spaces remodelling
[9:56] You: i left this
[9:56] You: to tell you to visit the exhibition 79 AD on the ground floor
[9:56] You: also to tell you that i set a slideviewer in the arcades with the principles of Roman architecture
[9:56] Jon Seattle: and sacked by 440.. :)
[9:57] You: so all builders to have a look at the exhibits for inspiration
[9:58] You: also, Symo has been making some excellent youtube videos on building
[9:58] You: that are for the moment available at the NG site
[9:58] You: but we hope also to have them in display here
[9:58] Rose Springvale: i dont' know where symo finds all his time to work for the guild, but he's awfully good
[9:58] Jamie Palisades: Once we have two roman sims, maybe we need an annual sacking, Jon :)
[9:58] Rose Springvale: hey justice
[9:58] You: indeed he is!
[9:58] Justice Soothsayer: hi folks
[9:59] You: hey Justice, welcome
[9:59] You: 5. Altenstadt conclusion
[9:59] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[9:59] You: Sudane, how are we on this?
[9:59] Jamie Palisades: um
[9:59] Jamie Palisades: hang on
[9:59] Sudane Erato: oh... I haven't been there...
[9:59] Jamie Palisades: Moon - the last word on 4 was what?>
[9:59] Jamie Palisades: project terminated for lack of interesty? COmpleted?
[9:59] Jon Seattle: Hi Justice :)
[9:59] Rose Springvale: ongoing
[9:59] Sudane Erato: the parcels are marked
[9:59] You: remodelling?
[10:00] Sudane Erato: and could be sold
[10:00] Sudane Erato: but we have no recommended source of fachwerks
[10:00] You: Cindy has been working on that
[10:00] Sudane Erato: ahh... yes
[10:00] You: and she has only found two reliable, quality sources
[10:00] Sudane Erato: two is better than none
[10:01] You: yes, i'll ask her to publish the creators
[10:01] Sudane Erato: kk
[10:01] You: i IMed Kendra and asked her if she would be interested in selling fachwerks here again
[10:01] Sudane Erato: should i go ahead and set them for sale?
[10:01] You: but no reply
[10:01] You: i think that's a chancellor's or RA's decision, not ours
[10:01] Sudane Erato: ok
[10:02] Sudane Erato: next RA then
[10:02] You: i can inform both that the parcels are there ready for sale
[10:02] Sudane Erato: great :)
[10:02] You: and ask for authorization to set to sale
[10:02] Rose Springvale: hey mikelo, didn't see you come in
[10:02] You: hi Mikelo , welcome
[10:02] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[10:02] Mikelo Serevi: Hi
[10:02] Jon Seattle: Nice to see everyone.. I have another meeting to prepare for. See you at 2 :)
[10:02] You: touch the yellow cube for agenda
[10:02] You: and this meeting is transcripted into our forums
[10:02] Rose Springvale: bye :0
[10:03] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:03] Mikelo Serevi: That's good considering I'm rather late. :)
[10:03] You: ok, let's pass to reports then
[10:03] You: 6. Lapis Niger cerimony
[10:03] You: Symo isn't here - he's chairing this wg
[10:04] Sudane Erato: Moon... btw... sp is "ceremony"
[10:04] You: but he has sent a more complete draft of the cerimony
[10:04] You: oh
[10:04] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:04] Jamie Palisades: :)
[10:04] You: sorry :(
[10:04] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:04] You: not in portuguese :)
[10:04] Rose Springvale: hehe
[10:04] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:05] You: i can say to this respect that i managed to find a cow and bull maker
[10:05] You: that can either
[10:05] You: a) sell us a non-sculpted version of the things for a very low price
[10:06] You: b) do perfect sculpted animals for hmmm L$4000/hour
[10:06] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:06] Rose Springvale: hmm, how about selling him land and letting him contribute? :)
[10:06] Sudane Erato: non-sculpted
[10:06] You: not knowing yet how many hours would that take
[10:06] You: Sudane has seen the non-sculpted
[10:07] Rose Springvale: i know of a cow, i just haven't had time to check with the builder.. sculpted and very good
[10:07] Sudane Erato: i have?
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: :)
[10:07] You: Grundfos Island
[10:07] You: th african villages
[10:07] Sudane Erato: oh... thought those were sculpted
[10:07] Sudane Erato: then... even more so
[10:07] You: but they aren't just prim work
[10:07] Rose Springvale: how many prims?
[10:07] Sudane Erato: "non-sculpted"
[10:08] Brian Livingston: Is it bad taste to kil la non-profit cow?
[10:08] You: hmmm, let me see
[10:08] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:08] Rose Springvale: hmm
[10:09] You: can't say, but normal primmage for a non sulpted animal, i would say
[10:09] Rose Springvale: lets just go with it
[10:09] Rose Springvale: want a motion?
[10:09] Sudane Erato: the prims are not really critical, as the animal won't be around long :)
[10:09] Rose Springvale: oh yes, we won't be burying it
[10:10] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:10] You: the cost of the pair would be around the 6500L
[10:10] Sudane Erato: non-sculpted?
[10:10] You: with the phading to alpha script thrown in
[10:10] You: yes, non sculpted
[10:10] Rose Springvale: wonders if she should get her grill out, or if it would be returned again..
[10:10] Rose Springvale: i think that's reasonable
[10:10] You: ok
[10:10] Sudane Erato: Guild expense?
[10:10] Sudane Erato: or CDS?
[10:11] Rose Springvale: should be CDS
[10:11] You: i have talked to the creators and they could have it ready for us in a day or so, but i pointed to the 15th august
[10:11] You: ah, btw
[10:11] Rose Springvale: that means we dont' lay roads until then?
[10:11] You: Symo won't be available till the 19th August
[10:11] You: no, we lay lol
[10:12] You: but i just don't think we should do the ceremony without him
[10:12] Rose Springvale: but the cermony calls for them to be rezzed during it
[10:12] Rose Springvale: i agree
[10:12] Rose Springvale: is he around the first week?
[10:12] You: atm, the best suggestion is that the mundus be made on an islet on the river
[10:12] Rose Springvale: becasue i think the cermony is best held as soon as the sim is delivered
[10:12] You: no, he's off till the 19th
[10:12] Rose Springvale: hm
[10:13] You: and on untill the 30th
[10:13] Rose Springvale: but i thought it was supposed to be at sim center?
[10:13] Rose Springvale: can we do it on the 30th?
[10:13] Jamie Palisades: :)
[10:13] You: and the islet on the river is what locates more closely to the center
[10:13] Jamie Palisades: that should be fun indeed
[10:13] You: maybe, we'll have to ask him
[10:14] Rose Springvale: sudane, is it unreasonalbe to get the sim by the 30th?
[10:14] Rose Springvale: and .. are we buying from LL or secondary?
[10:14] Sudane Erato: i understand that the Land Store delivers immediately
[10:14] Sudane Erato: from LL
[10:14] You: question here is tier
[10:14] You: if we buy it on the 31st July.... we pay July too?
[10:14] Sudane Erato: no
[10:14] Rose Springvale: no, that just becomes the payment day in august
[10:14] Sudane Erato: first month free
[10:15] You: ahhhh ok
[10:15] You: then perhaps we can buy the sim to accomodate with all these factors
[10:15] Sudane Erato: but I'm not getting why it can't be done while contruction is underway?
[10:16] Rose Springvale: oh, hae you read the ceremony?
[10:16] You: for me, it's irrelevant
[10:16] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:16] Sudane Erato: well, I thought i did..
[10:16] Sudane Erato: but
[10:16] Rose Springvale: its just for authenticity.. sort of the opening blessing
[10:16] You: i am ok with holding it in mid construction, as it is so symbolical
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: :) I guess whether to byt new or used is up to Alexi and Sudane, eh?
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: *buy
[10:16] Rose Springvale: smile, sounds as though that decision has been made :)
[10:16] Sudane Erato: I don't know a source of used sims...
[10:16] Rose Springvale: oh
[10:16] Rose Springvale: well
[10:17] Rose Springvale: hmm
[10:17] Sudane Erato: and a US$195/month one would be expensive
[10:17] You: the discount on land store is considerable... 25%
[10:17] Rose Springvale: discount?
[10:17] Sudane Erato: the price is US$1000
[10:17] Rose Springvale: yes
[10:17] Rose Springvale: they are selling for 500 USD on the secondary market daily, but no free month of tier
[10:18] Rose Springvale: so effectively 900
[10:18] Rose Springvale: 800
[10:18] Sudane Erato: ahhh
[10:18] Sudane Erato: when you can... could you point me there?
[10:18] You: and if delivery is immediate, that allows us more time to deal with these things
[10:18] Sudane Erato: just like to be familiar :)
[10:18] Rose Springvale: yes, delivery is not immediate... 5-10 days for a LL transfer
[10:18] You: ok, good idea to explore that
[10:18] Sudane Erato: theres also the transfer tax for used sims
[10:19] Rose Springvale: sudane, i pick it up on the concierge group. Seller pays the 100 transfer fee
[10:19] You: hmmm, that means an used sim must be bouught this week
[10:19] Rose Springvale: and renaming and relocation is included
[10:19] Rose Springvale: if we wanted august one, yes.
[10:19] Rose Springvale: also
[10:19] Jamie Palisades: :/ glad I asked, anyway
[10:19] Rose Springvale: for future reference
[10:20] Rose Springvale: we can have regular sims split into 4 open space ones
[10:20] Sudane Erato: I don't know the "Concierge Group"
[10:20] Rose Springvale: i belive there is a 100 fee
[10:20] Rose Springvale: i'll get you the info sudane. you need it :)
[10:20] Rose Springvale: but
[10:20] You: ah, make 4 voids out of one
[10:20] Rose Springvale: for example
[10:20] Sudane Erato: yes, we also found out one can go the other way too
[10:20] You: interesting
[10:20] Sudane Erato: void -> full
[10:20] Rose Springvale: there are many land owners who are trying to get out of the business right now
[10:21] Rose Springvale: somedays, you can pick up "free" sims
[10:21] Sudane Erato: oh!
[10:21] Rose Springvale: whose tier is due right away
[10:21] Sudane Erato: guess i better chevck this out
[10:21] You: eheheh Rose, give the contact to Sudane
[10:21] Rose Springvale: yes, you should:)
[10:21] Sudane Erato: coul;d use some free sims for SLNE, too
[10:22] You: ok guys
[10:22] You: 7. Building Approval Committee WG.
[10:23] You: still waiting for Faculty on this
[10:23] You: 8. CDS Information Centre WG.
[10:23] You: i made Cindy Chair of this wg
[10:23] You: but with the last commotions, it has been hard for us to meet
[10:23] Jamie Palisades: hm - 7 is a faculty thing eh? Does Arria in fact want to do it?
[10:23] Jamie Palisades: And if she joins RA?
[10:23] You: it's part of our charter Jamie
[10:24] You: BAC WILL exist
[10:24] Jamie Palisades: I was asking the personnel question :)
[10:24] You: ah, that you must ask her
[10:24] You: not acquainted with her intentions
[10:24] Rose Springvale: do we not have faculty elections soon too?
[10:24] Rose Springvale: to coincide with CDS elections?
[10:25] You: no, we had them one month ago or so
[10:25] Rose Springvale: lol, sorry, can't keep up
[10:25] You: no, what we have is Board Elections
[10:25] You: and good thing you called that point
[10:25] You: let's make it an Extraordinary point at the end of the meeting
[10:25] You: ok?
[10:26] Jamie Palisades: :) No, Moon, I do not need to ask her but perhaps the Guild does, dear
[10:26] You: i need to tlak to her in any case
[10:26] You: because the BAC is getting urgent, also the educative dep
[10:26] Jamie Palisades: and I wish you well - soryr, RL calls - I just want to make sure we have some things in motion to populate the BAC :)
[10:26] You: so no worries Jamie :)
[10:26] You: you'll have me at least
[10:26] You: :)
[10:26] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:26] You: Moon=plan B
[10:27] You: ok, point 9
[10:27] You: Roman Textures WG - discussion point: texture shop in LA
[10:27] You: we keep doing roman textures, as you know
[10:27] You: but i would like to propose something for consideration
[10:28] You: that the Guild acquires a plot in LA
[10:28] You: to sell the Guild textures
[10:28] Sudane Erato: thats a great idea
[10:28] Rose Springvale: yes!
[10:28] You: using Eloise's Pasteur's mini-vendors - that pay a commisiion to a designed avatar - or any other similar system
[10:29] You: i have talked with Eloise and she charges estra 500 L for configuring the device to Guilda Guinsse
[10:29] You: but i can ask her for a more detailed explanation on how it works
[10:29] Rose Springvale: hmm
[10:29] Rose Springvale: i have a vendor someone gave me for free that does a split like that
[10:30] Rose Springvale: no clue if it's efficient
[10:30] You: can you copy/transfer it?
[10:30] Rose Springvale: yes, i'll find it
[10:30] You: Jon
[10:30] You: can i ask you to give a look at the thing and see if it's easy to configure, etc?
[10:31] You: oh, he's off
[10:31] You: well, Rose
[10:31] You: send me one copy of it if you can and i'll ask him or someone else to give a look at it
[10:31] Rose Springvale: here, i'll give it to you, looks like a script and a box.. so probably easy to use
[10:32] Rose Springvale gave you MC Designs Vendor- Featured Artist 2.0.
[10:32] Rose Springvale: one of my sellers in AA gave it to me, but i don't use splitting there
[10:32] You: thanks... i'll have a look, though i am not very mechanical
[10:32] You: :)
[10:32] You: but in any case
[10:32] Rose Springvale: she uses it effectively though
[10:33] You: i would like you to think if we can do this buying of the plot
[10:33] You: i think we must need some kind of projection of profit, so i am not asking for a decision today
[10:34] Sudane Erato: do we expect a profit?
[10:34] You: at least to cover tier
[10:34] Sudane Erato: or can it be a public service?
[10:34] You: well, there are two oipinions about it
[10:34] You: Arria, i think, would prefer a public service
[10:35] You: Symo has argued for selling the textures and have the Guild earning money
[10:35] You: this has some implications on the texture uploading, btw
[10:35] You: if we prepare a box of textures for every citizen as a 'bonus' for buying the land
[10:36] You: (which is also a possibility)
[10:36] Sudane Erato: with full perms, of course
[10:36] You: then we can and should upload all textures at LA to make the sim as fast as possible
[10:36] You: with no transfer
[10:36] Sudane Erato: oh :(
[10:36] Sudane Erato: a severe limitation
[10:36] You: otherwise you'll have them spread around SL in weeks
[10:37] You: and i am very sorry
[10:37] You: i do textures for free for the Guild and CDS
[10:37] Sudane Erato: all the texture stores sell them full perms
[10:37] You: but not for the SL population
[10:37] Sudane Erato: and if they are not, you can't download them
[10:38] Sudane Erato: or load them into viewers
[10:38] You: then they have to be uploaded out of LA, at a water sim~
[10:38] You: because if you spread the textures around all SL, but they are upploaded in LA
[10:39] You: this means that LA will have requests from all SL for the textures, and will slow the sim down
[10:39] Sudane Erato: interesting
[10:40] Rose Springvale: well
[10:40] You: then perhaps teh only solution is to have the store
[10:40] Rose Springvale: the sims i'm involved in keep their textures solely for their sim
[10:40] You: upload the texture on a water sim
[10:40] You: how do you do that, Rose?
[10:40] Rose Springvale: we dont' sell them
[10:40] Rose Springvale: they are created for the sim, and kept
[10:40] Sudane Erato: on a Gov Linden sim, Moon?
[10:40] You: yes
[10:41] You: but how can you trust that a person won't make an Al-Andaluz II 400 sims away, with YOUR textures
[10:41] You: ?
[10:41] Rose Springvale: the only way they can is to steal the textures. and they are digimarked
[10:42] You: ok...
[10:42] Rose Springvale: or at least when they are done right they are lol
[10:42] Rose Springvale: not all are of course.
[10:42] You: how did you digimark them?
[10:42] Rose Springvale: you are out of my field .. need to talk to Satir on that one
[10:42] You: and do you distribute the textures to all population or just to buiilders
[10:42] You: ?
[10:42] Rose Springvale: i just know we get lots of requests. no, builders only
[10:42] You: please do!
[10:43] Rose Springvale: k
[10:43] You: becasue if we can have a quick solution, we can give the textures in packs to the population
[10:43] You: if not, we'll have to sell them in a shop
[10:44] Rose Springvale: i'll ask her
[10:44] You: ok, please do
[10:44] You: and let's able this untill we have more info
[10:44] You: table*
[10:44] You: 10. Governmental Spaces Re-organization WG.
[10:44] You: Brian, the table is yours
[10:45] Brian Livingston: Okee'
[10:45] Rose Springvale: sorry
[10:45] Rose Springvale: was trying to do a notice for naftali lol
[10:45] Brian Livingston: Not much to report, we are still waitign on the heads of two of the branchs to return their surveys to me. I know Jamie has completed his but I think an invintory snafu caused it to get lost in mine
[10:46] Brian Livingston: I am thinking that either way, I am goign to start compilign the report and hold public metings in the next two weeks or so, and we'll have to append the survey results if and when we get them
[10:46] You: so we must bug Claude
[10:47] You: he can also delegate the task into any other SC chair
[10:48] You: but it's a good idea to start compiling the report
[10:48] Brian Livingston: FWIW, the survey is asking the ehad of each branch how they percieve their specific needs for space. Are ther certain layouts of locatiosn needed, how much sq gfootage, prims, and so on. It's only three or four questions, but woudl help provide insight to the workgroup and add some depth to the report
[10:49] You: Brian, can you please mail Claude and insist on a reply, even insinuating that he can delegate it on another chair to reply to the survey?
[10:49] You: or would you prefer i do that?
[10:49] Sudane Erato: tell him that we may have to appeal his neglegence to the SC :)
[10:49] Brian Livingston: Yea, I can do so today
[10:49] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:49] Brian Livingston: hehe
[10:49] You: ok, thanks
[10:49] Rose Springvale: we could spend hours and hours !!
[10:50] Sudane Erato: yep :)
[10:50] You: ok guys
[10:50] You: Extraordinary point
[10:50] You: as you know, by our charter
[10:51] You: there must be elections for the Secretary of the board till at max 15 days after the CDS general elections
[10:51] You: which closed yesterday
[10:51] You: so i am calling the elections for the Secretary of the Board today
[10:51] Sudane Erato: i vote for Moon!
[10:51] You: and calling any candidate tio run
[10:51] You: no no no
[10:52] Rose Springvale: nominate moon :)
[10:52] You: let's hold them next week
[10:52] Sudane Erato: ahh
[10:52] Sudane Erato: I second the nomination
[10:52] Rose Springvale: move nominations be closed :)
[10:52] Brian Livingston: Moon for president!
[10:52] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:52] You: i'll do immediately a post in the forums asking for contestants
[10:52] You: to sign up during this week
[10:52] You: and we'll hold the election next sunday
[10:53] You: the hmmm
[10:53] Sudane Erato: kk
[10:53] You: 27th July
[10:53] You: to comply with our charter
[10:53] You: any other business?
[10:53] Sudane Erato: adjournment
[10:53] Rose Springvale: yay!
[10:53] You: ehehe
[10:53] Rose Springvale: under 2 hours!
[10:53] You: anyone seconds?
[10:53] Rose Springvale: second!
[10:54] Sudane Erato: I vote aye :)
[10:54] You: ok, we are adjourned
[10:54] Sudane Erato: thx Moon!!
[10:54] You: thank you all for coming
The wise man occupies himself with the unspoken and acts without effort.
Teaching without verbosity, producing without possessing, creating without regard to result, claiming nothing...

- Laozi, Tao Te Ching

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: RL USA , SL: CDS Citizen
Contact:

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Rose

Thank You So Much For posting the photos of the ceremony and the guild meeting minutes it is wonderful to remember this time in our cds and personal history.


The guild did a great job back then of recording minutes of the always public meetings and having this for historical reasons as we see now is very important.

Thank you for the info also about how people who disagreed on politics worked together and even non expert builders amf all citizens worked together to create what cds truly is meant to be
Cleo

User avatar
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Cadence Theas »

Cleo,
As Rosie has pointed out to you now innumerable times on these pages, the Guild is no longer a government organization, it is a NGO and as such is not under the obligation to hold public meetings or post the minutes to its meetings. That it does so is a courtesy to the CDS citizenry.
When talking about the Guild in the past and in the present, please remember to also mention this distinction so as not to mislead the reader into thinking the Guild is something it is not--the Guild is NOT a government organization. This is an important distinction that you should also keep in mind when you post about the Guild because it means that the Guild is non-partisan and uses non-political criteria in its actions and building projects in CDS.
Cadence

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: RL USA , SL: CDS Citizen
Contact:

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

fyi:

THE GUILD HAS ALWAYS BEEN A NGO.


But yes, the guild under Moons direction was not operated at all the way it is now. Rosie changed a lot of things. And in my opinion Rose Springvale remembering made me think how it was then. Every one in cds was welcome it was also a non government Org. The main difference was the old new guild was a group effort and everyone was welcome and had a say in what was done anyone who showed up could vote and participation was welcome the leader of the new guild moon. Did not run for ra either. It seemed a conflict of interest

btw there is a law in place.on conflict of interest and new Ras. Used to have to declare all interests in cds that could be a conflict as an ra member. Was that overturned or lost. I am just reminiscing.


THE CURRENT GUILD HAS NOT MET ONE TIME IN THIS 20TH TERM DESPITE THERE BEING A SIM RE-DESIGN UNDERWAY.

I am also a member of the Artisians Guid.
Cleo

User avatar
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Neufreistadt, Colonia Nova and Locus Amoenus and Locus Amoenus

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:fyi:

THE GUILD HAS ALWAYS BEEN A NGO.


But yes, the guild under Moons direction was not operated at all the way it is now. Rosie changed a lot of things. And in my opinion Rose Springvale remembering made me think how it was then. Every one in cds was welcome it was also a non government Org. The main difference was the old new guild was a group effort and everyone was welcome and had a say in what was done anyone who showed up could vote and participation was welcome the leader of the new guild moon. Did not run for ra either. It seemed a conflict of interest

btw there is a law in place.on conflict of interest and new Ras. Used to have to declare all interests in cds that could be a conflict as an ra member. Was that overturned or lost. I am just reminiscing.


THE CURRENT GUILD HAS NOT MET ONE TIME IN THIS 20TH TERM DESPITE THERE BEING A SIM RE-DESIGN UNDERWAY.

I am also a member of the Artisians Guid.
No. The original Guild was a branch of government with its own section of the Constitution. It was, in fact, the most powerful of the three government branches.

The New Guild, established by Moon among others, was an NGO chartered by the RA.

The current Guild is an NGO and your understanding of conflict of interest is flawed.

If you are a member of the Guild and think it should meet, propose it instead of making half-veiled digs at your fellow RA members.
Honi soit qui mal y pense

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: RL USA , SL: CDS Citizen
Contact:

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Thank you pat.

I was correct. The new guild under moon was indeed an NGO.

Thank You For The Suggestion. I call a meeting g of the Artisians guild for Monday at 2 pm slt.

I am sorry you confused the post containing two ideas to be related to each each other. I DID NOT actually accuse anyone of anything but meant to just mention that we did not declare our interests at rhw begining of the term per the conflict of interest law at the first RA meeting of the 20th term was the law overturned or lost or forgotten.
Cleo

User avatar
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Cadence Theas »

Cleo,

If you are going to call a meeting of the guild out of the blue, you might suggest a motive for the meeting and the topics to be discussed. I think most people are too busy in rl and SL to show up just to find out what the meeting is about.

Also, although the Guild is a NGO, there are officers whose function is to coordinate these sorts of requests or ideas. It might be a good idea to follow the rules of order that you are so fond of citing and ask them to convoke the meeting.

Cadence

User avatar
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1810
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am
Location: west-coast Canada

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Rosie Gray »

Below is an excerpt from the Charter of the CDS Artisan Guild, as posted here: http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/cds- ... n-guild/#6

If you are interested in the guild, please make sure you read the entire charter and understand how it functions and what it is for. Cleo has no standing to call meetings for the guild or to set its agenda, only the officers of the guild may do that.

MEETINGS
The organization may hold the following meetings:

1) Public informational meetings at which anyone can attend and speak, but at which no binding votes are held.

2) Membership meetings at which only members may attend and speak. Such meetings will attend to the general business of the AG. At such meetings votes of the membership may be taken. Votes cast on any matters in this category of meeting shall be weighted as follows: 1) General Members and Apprentices shall have a single vote each, 2) Artisan shall have 2 votes each, and 3) Masters shall have 3 votes each.

3) “Class” meetings at which only members of those classes may attend and speak.

OFFICERS
On a regular basis, Membership Meetings will be held to elect the officers of the AG. These shall include the positions of Chairperson, Treasurer and Recording Secretary It is explicitly understood that all decisions of the membership meetings, including the election of officers, shall be done in the weighted manner as described in “MEETINGS”.

In addition, the Guildmeister, who shall function as the Executive Director of the AG, shall be elected by the members of the Artisan Masters class meeting separately.

1) The Guildmeister shall perform the duties of Executive Director of the AG, being responsible for all programs and administrative actions of the AG.

1) The Chairperson shall chair all Public and Membership meetings of the AG, and in consultation with the Guildmeister organize and distribute each agenda.

2) The Treasurer shall hold the money of the AG in an appropriate avatar account and shall report regularly on its use.

3) The Recording Secretary shall record the transcripts and note the outcome of actions taken at and Public and Membership meetings.
"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

User avatar
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:32 am

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

It was my understanding that the Guild will have reason to meet once the Chancellor has completed her parcelling in LA. Once again Cleo is attempting to portray herself as the only one who cares about CDS and wants to get things done. The truth is very far from that.

Soro Dagostino
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 am

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Soro Dagostino »

The proposal to convert the Artisans' Guild to a Rule making government body was defeated in one of my terms as LRA. It was a hard fought battle, but the sense of the body was that while the NGO could suggest rules, it was up to the legislators to make the laws.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: RL USA , SL: CDS Citizen
Contact:

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Cadence

Patrokolus suggested i call a meeting of the guild
since LA is close to completion I suggest the guild meet to begin the process of planning sim number six. Let's do this one in a very transparent and cooperative way. Giving ourselves plenty of time for planning.

I fully support bagheera and what she is doing per the law I voted on.
Cleo

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: RL USA , SL: CDS Citizen
Contact:

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Garnet,

Garnet, I guess I haven't told you how much I appreciate it that you have brought wonderful people like Vic to CDS, have built a very nice building in LA and participated in Bagheera's town hall meeting where she asked to get feedback from citizens who own land in Locus, as well as all the other good things you do for CDS. I really should have told you earlier.

You are appreciated.

xxoo Cleo
Cleo

User avatar
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:32 am

Re: Board Guild Meeting 20th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Cleo, there is not a drop of sincerity in that posting. I can only assume it's to give a false impression to readers who don't know the facts or history here. Either that or you are completely disconnected from reality.

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”