[09:08] Bagheera Kristan: motion to approve the minutes
[09:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): second
[09:09] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[09:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[09:09] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[09:09] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[09:09] Ranma Tardis: aye
[09:09] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[09:09] Ranma Tardis: Would you like to speak Rosie?
[09:09] Rosie Gray: umm
[09:10] Rosie Gray: are we there now?
[09:10] Ranma Tardis: yes
[09:10] Tanoujin MilestoneTanoujin Milestone giggles
[09:10] Rosie Gray: ah, okay
[09:10] Rosie Gray: yes thank you
[09:10] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[09:10] Ranma Tardis: you have the floor
[09:10] Rosie Gray: two things to announce
[09:10] Rosie Gray: one is that we have another Skating event tomorrow, at the Monastery lake
[09:11] Rosie Gray: noon to 2 pm, so that those who missed the first one have a chance to come
[09:11] Rosie Gray: and it was fun the last time ㋡
[09:11] Ranma Tardis: nods
[09:11] Rosie Gray: we've got SL singer Scarlett LaRoux singing while we skate
[09:11] Rosie Gray: so I hope everyone can come and have some fun!
[09:12] Ranma Tardis: anything else?
[09:12] Rosie Gray: the other thing is, that Sudane has almost finished the replacement Omphalos, so when she's ready, I'll make a little announcement, and people can come and watch the old one dissappear and the new one being placed
[09:12] Rosie Gray: I think that's all
[09:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[09:13] Rosie Gray: unless there's any questions?
[09:13] Bagheera Kristan: *raises hand*
[09:13] Rosie Gray: yes Bags?
[09:14] Bagheera Kristan: Nice work, by the way :) just briefly, is the skating party on the LL calendar? I don't see it. I am wondering if it is just some peculiarity on my system that misses it or if it needs to be listed still? thank you :)
[09:14] Rosie Gray: ah
[09:14] Rosie GrayRosie Gray sighs
[09:14] Rosie Gray: yes it is there
[09:14] Bagheera Kristan: okay, so it is me
[09:14] Bagheera Kristan: nevermind then
[09:14] Rosie Gray: but I agree that those things are always hard to see
[09:14] Rosie Gray: Sylvia put it there the other day, and she had some problems with it
[09:15] Rosie Gray: I don't know why
[09:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker)Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) raises hand
[09:15] Rosie Gray: and whenever I place one myself, I can never see it on the website, but I do see it in the viewer
[09:15] Rosie Gray: yes Gaius
[09:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I am curious, though this may seem like a brash question, but I assure you the reason is perhaps nicer than it'll let on: how much are we going to pay Scarlett?
[09:16] Rosie Gray: well, we have a budget for the event of.....
[09:16] Rosie Gray: one sec
[09:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you. ㋡
[09:17] Rosie Gray: L$4000
[09:17] Rosie Gray: but she plays for tips
[09:18] Rosie Gray: since she will likely not make a lot on tips from what will likely be a small crowd
[09:18] Rosie Gray: I will pay her L$2000 anyway
[09:18] Rosie Gray: does that make sense?
[09:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker)Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods
[09:18] Ranma Tardis: nods
[09:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I was just thinking, because it determines how much I put int the CDS tip jars!
[09:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): *into the...
[09:18] Rosie Gray: and hopefully she does make some more on tips too
[09:18] Bagheera Kristan: *raises hand*
[09:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Done, thank you
[09:19] Rosie Gray: ah, thanks Gaius
[09:19] Rosie Gray: yes Bags?
[09:19] Bagheera Kristan: just thinking along the same lines, and something for discussion further down the road...
[09:20] Bagheera Kristan: For a situation like this, where a performer is being paid less because they take tips, might we offer to pay them full book if we designate all tips to our tip jars? The benefit of that is a performer might be more interested in a fully grounded payment.
[09:20] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[09:20] Bagheera Kristan: ..or..
[09:21] Bagheera Kristan: sorry... I mean, we can discuss this for future, not for this event
[09:21] Bagheera Kristan: okay, now I am done
[09:21] Rosie GrayRosie Gray nods
[09:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker)Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods
[09:21] Rosie Gray: each situation is different, I think sometimes you have to use your judgement at the time
[09:21] Bagheera Kristan: of course :)
[09:21] Rosie Gray: can't have someone come and do a great job and hardly make anything
[09:21] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[09:22] Rosie Gray: but point taken!
[09:22] Tanoujin MilestoneTanoujin Milestone shrugs - i
[09:22] Tanoujin Milestone: if she wants 4k, we could see how many she makes in tips and give her the difference
[09:22] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[09:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sorry, this is not the point I was trying to make! I was trying to suggest that we all give some tips to the CDS owls to help offset the cost.
[09:24] Ranma Tardis: smiles, nice thought Gaius
[09:24] Tanoujin Milestone: but I thought the CDS owls are for pribvately organized events?
[09:24] Bagheera Kristan: I know it is very common at events for the performer to point out there are also event tip jars, so that would be well within the ordinary in sl events
[09:24] Bagheera Kristan: I always pay both
[09:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): They are not, Tan, they're for any event.
[09:24] Rosie GrayRosie Gray nods
[09:24] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, okay
[09:24] Rosie Gray: not even just events
[09:24] Rosie Gray: they are for anytime!
[09:25] Rosie Gray: :D
[09:25] Tanoujin Milestone: i thought we had a discussion about that lst year
[09:25] Bagheera Kristan: hmmm
[09:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We did, yes
[09:25] Bagheera Kristan: right
[09:25] Ranma Tardis: lets move along, anything else Rosie?
[09:25] Rosie Gray: no Ranma, thanks
[09:26] Ranma Tardis: anything from the LUC?
[09:26] Bagheera Kristan: nothing to report from me, anyone else?
[09:26] Rosie Gray: has there been a meeting?
[09:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, I think I saw its rotting corpse the other day
[09:26] Tanoujin Milestone: hahaha, the LUC
[09:26] Rosie GrayRosie Gray chortles
[09:27] Ranma Tardis: haha
[09:27] Bagheera Kristan: ha ! down in the catecombs
[09:27] Ranma Tardis: the road committe?
[09:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We should hold a funeral.
[09:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes!
[09:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We had a public meeting last Sunday.
[09:27] Ranma Tardis: and?
[09:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I'm writing, hon.
[09:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We came up with names for the three roads in that region, and I was hoping to have them approved today.
[09:28] Tanoujin Milestone: yay!
[09:28] Tanoujin Milestone: such nice names!
[09:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8201
[09:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The results were:
1. for the main road, Rue du Soleil
2. for the road to the Monastery, Chemin du Vieux Cloître
3. for the road to parcel Hamlet 1, Route de l'Ermitage
[09:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I motion that we approve these names.
[09:29] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[09:29] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[09:29] Ranma Tardis: please vote
[09:29] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[09:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[09:29] Ranma Tardis: aye
[09:29] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[09:29] Tanoujin Milestone: high five Gaius :D
[09:30] Bagheera Kristan: nice work !
[09:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[09:30] Ranma Tardis: nice job Gaius :)
[09:30] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[09:30] Ranma Tardis: claps
[09:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie, also, mentioned that we should get started with road signs, so I anticipate that work will continue.
[09:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Done
[09:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Unless there are questions!
[09:31] Ranma Tardis: do you have a timetable when the signs will be done?
[09:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I do not, no.
[09:32] Ranma Tardis: thank you to the road committee for their hard work
[09:32] Ranma Tardis: brings us to citizen concerns
[09:32] Ranma Tardis: this is your chance to speak
[09:33] Ranma Tardis: does any citizen have a concern?
[09:34] Ranma Tardis: once
[09:34] Ranma Tardis: twice
[09:35] Ranma Tardis: done
[09:35] Ranma Tardis: now we have RA concerns
[09:35] Tanoujin Milestone: not from me
[09:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): None
[09:35] Bagheera Kristan: none
[09:36] Ranma Tardis: I wonder what the status is on greifing within the CDS?
[09:36] Ranma Tardis: do we have a problem?
[09:37] Ranma Tardis: Rosie?
[09:38] Rosie Gray: umm, no we haven't had any griefers for a long time
[09:38] Rosie GrayRosie Gray touches wood
[09:38] Rosie Gray: not that I've heard of anyway.
[09:38] Ranma Tardis: smiles brightly!
[09:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker)Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) knocks on wood, throws salt over their shoulder, and loads of other good luck rituals.
[09:38] Tanoujin Milestone: you can spit over my shoulder, gaius ;)
[09:39] Ranma Tardis: alright, no old business
[09:39] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[09:39] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[09:39] Ranma Tardis: so this brings us to the review of CDSL 24-01
[09:39] Ranma Tardis: please use the talking stick
[09:40] Ranma Tardis: You have the floor Coop
[09:40] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Just to give a little background on this.
[09:41] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): We have laws on the books that describe the process of how we buy sims and how we build them, but there was never any laws on how to dispose of one formally
[09:42] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): So the idea was to give a formal process to selling underperforming sims or to be able to shrink the size of the estate with a degree of due process
[09:43] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Some of the heavy lifting was placed on the Executive branch, since the thought was they do the budget, and land management
[09:44] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I wanted to explain a bit, since some of the people involved with the law initially were not able to add the input on the forum, and my new boss has cut access to the internet at work...
[09:45] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Done for now.
[09:45] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Bagheera Kristan
[09:45] Ranma Tardis: Bags
[09:45] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you. This will take a few minutes to type, so please be patient....
[09:46] Bagheera Kristan: First, I made a post on the forums but I am not sure my first point about Calli's input is actually accurate - and it doesn't really matter, so I wanted to address my thoughts to the law in its present form....
[09:46] Bagheera Kristan: First, as Coop said, I think it is important to have a process defined BEFORE any need arises - that is just good governance. It does not mean we are ever going to do it...
[09:47] Bagheera Kristan: However, I believe this law has two aspects I would recommend changing....
[09:48] Bagheera Kristan: First is the burden on the Chancellor. Having been a Chancellor making unpopular land decisions, I have learned that relying on the law or being forced as Chancellor follow the course of a law that is suddenly considered unpopular or unfair or whatever - just causes upheaval and pain for everyone....
[09:49] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[09:49] Bagheera Kristan: Also, I feel this law moves the process a little too fast...for example, just one reason, is sometimes someone who is highly involved in CDS has to take a break for several months and imagine their shock when the sim is gone when they come back...
[09:49] Bagheera Kristan: In my estimation, the fix is just to part #1. Let me show you now....
[09:50] Bagheera Kristan: Here is the original text of #1....
[09:50] Bagheera Kristan: 1. If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months, the Chancellor is empowered to take steps to sell the region, if he /she deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS.
The Chancellor will determine the sale price of the region based on the average market sale price for regions of that type at that time.
[09:50] Bagheera Kristan: I propose changing it with something like:
[09:50] Bagheera Kristan: MY SUGGESTED CHANGE: 1. If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months AND if the Chancellor deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS, the Chancellor is to make a forum post immediately to alert the citizenry that this is an issue and this will be included on the agenda of the next RA meeting. The RA and Chancellor will review the situation at the RA meeting and if they determine it is in the best interests to divest CDS of the sim, the follow steps will be taken.
[09:50] Bagheera Kristan: I believe then the rest of the law coudl stay the same.
[09:50] Bagheera Kristan: Done. THANK YOU
[09:51] Ranma Tardis: Thank You Bags
[09:51] Ranma Tardis: could you remove your name from the stick?
[09:52] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[09:52] Bagheera Kristan: sorry yest
[09:52] Ranma Tardis: I am concerned about this act for 2 reasons
[09:52] Ranma Tardis: It puts too much pressure on the Chancellor
[09:53] Ranma Tardis: Second we are one CDS, not just a collection of sims
[09:53] Ranma Tardis: We need to look at the health of the CDS as a whole
[09:54] Ranma Tardis: requiring each sim to break even is too much like right wing rl politics
[09:55] Ranma Tardis: we exist a a group not a collection of individual citizens
[09:56] Ranma Tardis: So I propose to repeal this act and start the process to make a better one. Though it needs to be the health of the entire CDS
[09:56] Ranma Tardis: done
[09:56] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Tanoujin Milestone
[09:56] Tanoujin Milestone: okay - to make sure we know what we are talking about
[09:57] Tanoujin Milestone: here is the link to the full text of the law on the forum: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 357#p46437
[09:57] Tanoujin Milestone: and this is my summary:
[09:57] Tanoujin Milestone: CDSL 24-01 Responsible Estate Management Act

Gives the chancellor the option to sell a region that is in the red by 25% for more than 3 consecutive months, for average sale price, with 30 days notice. The RA can override this decision. In case the sim gets better, the sale will halt. NFS is excluded from this act. If NFS, CN or MON are concerned (grandfathered), an extraordinary session of the RA will decide which sim is to be sold.
[09:57] Tanoujin Milestone: okay,
[09:57] Tanoujin Milestone: I agree with Bags the given time frame is too short, and the Chancellor should not be overcharged - and I agree with Ranma the CDS should be evaluated as a whole
[09:58] Tanoujin Milestone: now I suggest we leave this law in place until we drafted a better one
[09:58] Tanoujin Milestone: ddone
[09:58] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Bagheera Kristan
[09:58] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[09:59] Bagheera Kristan: ((my turn?))
[09:59] Ranma Tardis: yes Bags
[09:59] Bagheera Kristan: okay, thank you
[10:01] Bagheera Kristan: So, my thought is a lot of work went into crafting the original law, so throwing it out and starting over from scratch seems like a mistake - although if the law itself no longer applies, then that course of action would make sense. AT this point, I don't think it does. I think the law needs refining.....
[10:02] Bagheera Kristan: Based on what Tan just said, I have amended my suggested changes to the following or similar (the percentages could be adjusted if they are not appropriate). This addresses the feeling that CDS as a whole should be considered and also extends the timeline....
[10:02] Bagheera Kristan: 1. If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months AND if the CDS sims as a whole have fallen below 90% of covering monthly expenses for more than three consecutive months AND the Chancellor deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS, the Chancellor is to make a forum post immediately to alert the citizenry that this is an issue and this will be included on the agenda of the next RA meeting. The RA and Chancellor will review the situation at the RA meeting and if they determine it is in the best interests to divest CDS of the sim, the follow steps will be taken.

2. The Chancellor must give 90 days notice to all CDS citizens of the intention to sell a region both on the CDS forum and in an in-world CDS group notice.

3. The Chancellor must give 90 days notice of the sale to all citizens of the region via notecard. In the case of group owned land, the Chancellor will provide notice via notecard to the group owner.
[10:03] Bagheera Kristan: it changes 30 days to 90 days and addresses that this only gets triggered if the whole community - all six sims are falling below a certain percentage.
[10:03] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[10:03] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: RogueGeek Cooperstone
[10:04] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): If you look at the map now, if the for sale parcels show up on the map, it can be clear which sim is doing well and which isn't.
[10:05] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): looking at the financial snapshots, NFS has traditionally carried a lot of water for the whole estate
[10:06] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): and the notion was to save the whole estate, if one part was not selling and was posing a serious drain on the estate, this is a way it could be removed to save the whole
[10:06] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Politicl views in RL aside, Linden Labs wants their tier.
[10:07] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): If tier is not being met, then sims go away.
[10:07] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): CDS is lucky in that there is a reserve to call on if things got bad. Many estates don't have that
[10:08] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I know several estate owners who have closed single sims to maintain viability to the whole
[10:08] Tanoujin Milestone: you may have missed it, all Regions are in the black now...
[10:09] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Just saying, I'd rather keep the option open, and it was put there as a choice.
[10:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Coop's point stands, though.
[10:09] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Besides, if someone is a very large landowner, and suddenly has a RL issue...
[10:09] Ranma Tardis: please only speak when it is your turn, thanks
[10:10] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I'm thinking many typists here are older or are never sure if something drastic happens.
[10:10] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Done.
[10:10] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[10:11] Ranma Tardis: Thank you Coop
[10:11] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[10:11] Ranma Tardis: I need to find out the reserve amount in the treasury
[10:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): https://cdsdemocracy.org/wp-content/upl ... 201712.pdf
[10:12] Ranma Tardis: I am worried in our race for efficiency, we will lose sims and valuable members of our community
[10:13] Ranma Tardis: I would like to see a revised act, I like what you wrote Bags
[10:13] Ranma Tardis: This process needs to be done by more than one person
[10:14] Ranma Tardis: et tu Brutus?
[10:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): *Brute
[10:14] Ranma Tardis: We could have a Chancellor in office that is out to cause trouble
[10:15] Ranma Tardis: I just see it as too much responsibility in the hands of one person
[10:15] Ranma Tardis: yet combined with the RA and the health of our entire community, it makes sense
[10:16] Ranma Tardis: again and again, we are a unified community
[10:16] Ranma Tardis: if a sim is not doing well, the rest can help out
[10:17] Ranma Tardis: and it gives us room for new citizens
[10:17] Ranma Tardis: for other people to become citizens and be part of our experiment
[10:17] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Bagheera Kristan
[10:19] Bagheera Kristan: I would like to first address Coop's statement about NFS carrying water for CDS....
[10:21] Bagheera Kristan: It is my opinion that because NFS has a lot of small parcels, people can join CDS and enjoy ALL the sims of the community, so it is not necessarily an indicator - because those people are coming for ALL the sims, even though their parcel is in NFS. That is my opinion. You don't see people hanging out in their fachwerk with their five prims usually - you see them everywhere ....
[10:22] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, so going back to the law - it wasn't my intention to dictate the rewrite all by myself - so I hope no one got that opinion. In fact, I see that one would have to go through the whole law to incorporate the changes I am suggesting and also my numbers/percentages are just suggestions to give a starting point for discussion.
[10:23] Bagheera Kristan: Third - one concern Calli did address which didn't make it into the final draft was about having people able to buy parcels in the troubled sim to save it at the same time people are clearing out - which creates chaos - so that needs to be addressed
[10:24] Bagheera Kristan: My proposal is to work from the law currently on the books which has a lot of fundamentals already addressed - and amend it to incorporate the current concerns here which are a) Chancellor should not do this alone b) the process needs to be slowed down and c) the sims as a whole need to be addressed.
[10:25] Bagheera Kristan: I suggest we create a committee to address these changes and make a presentation at the next RA meeting. This could be a motion?
[10:25] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[10:25] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Tanoujin Milestone
[10:25] Tanoujin Milestone: I like the direction your suggestion takes, Bagheera, but I see a formal problem with the Chancellor inserting an agenda item, we need to find a proper way for that (and be aware the Chancellor has no vote here, so it would become an RA decision)… that said, to Coop: I did not get your point, what option did you talk about? When it was related to Bag’s suggestion could you explain once more?, Last thing - we should take the amount of reserves in account in this law too, I am afraid that makes it even more complicated, but of course it is not easy to exactly define the conditions under which we would sell a region. To be honest, I am not sure if it is even possible at all, beforehand - done
[10:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie?
[10:26] Rosie Gray: yes thank you
[10:27] Rosie Gray: I wanted to note that our reserves in cash, as of Dec. 31, 2017, were L$2,747.032
[10:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): clap clap clap
[10:27] Rosie Gray: which roughly translates to $13707.69 US
[10:27] Ranma Tardis: claps
[10:27] Rosie Gray: secondly, I'd like to say that I agree with both Bags and Ranma, philosophically on this
[10:28] Rosie Gray: I do think that the current law almost makes the Chancellor rush to sell a region, and I don't think that's right
[10:29] Rosie Gray: if we are in a financially tenuous situation, then it needs to be a very considered decision, whether or not to sell a region, not done in a rubber-stamp way
[10:29] Rosie Gray: so I think that what Bags has suggested would make a lot of difference to the existing law
[10:29] Rosie Gray: done
[10:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): First let me express my agreement with the proposed numbers which Bagheera and Tanoujin have made regarding deficits and durations of sale and so forth.
[10:29] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Rosie Gray
[10:29] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[10:30] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Guillaume Mistwalker
[10:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): However, I do not think this law or any law should take into considerations some of you have suggested.
[10:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The law cannot regulate a rogue chancellor like the Xigalias, it cannot regulate people's good intentioned ideas to sell one region or another to save the whole (as Coop has suggested).
[10:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): These are political decisions.
[10:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Constitutionally, this assembly is meant to be a check on any Chancellor's rash power. This law should enshrine this constitutional principle and make it so that the RA is the final deciding organ to sell or not to sell.
[10:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I think we have exhausted discussion for the day.
[10:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I motion that we form the committee which Bagheera has suggested.
[10:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Done
[10:33] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[10:33] Ranma Tardis: we have a motion on the floor
[10:33] Ranma Tardis: a second?
[10:33] Bagheera Kristan: second
[10:33] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[10:33] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[10:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[10:34] Ranma Tardis: aye
[10:34] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[10:34] Ranma Tardis: motion carries
[10:35] Ranma Tardis: now we need to form a committee
[10:35] Tanoujin Milestone: another committee.... i cross my fingers
[10:35] Rosie Gray: ;)
[10:35] Ranma Tardis: we can do our work on the forums
[10:36] Bagheera Kristan: ha ha, I am happy to be on the committee, by the way
[10:36] Bagheera Kristan: if requested
[10:36] Ranma Tardis: thanks Bags
[10:36] Tanoujin Milestone: I volunteer as well if Gaius joins
[10:36] Ranma Tardis: I will be on it as well
[10:36] Ranma Tardis: Gaius?
[10:36] Bagheera Kristan: and I would like to invite citizens to join
[10:36] Bagheera Kristan: I think that is appropriate, yes?
[10:36] Ranma Tardis: yes it is
[10:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I will be willing to attend if there are meetings.
[10:37] Tanoujin Milestone: thats great, Gaius, thank you
[10:37] Tanoujin Milestone: i am in there too then
[10:38] Ranma Tardis: We just need to schedule a meeting time
[10:38] Bagheera Kristan: I suggest we put a forum post out first, to see if citizens who are not here want to join?
[10:38] Ranma Tardis: sounds good to me Bags :)
[10:39] Ranma Tardis: this brings us to General Announcements
[10:40] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[10:40] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[10:40] Ranma Tardis: are there any?
[10:41] Tanoujin Milestone: i have none
[10:41] Bagheera Kristan: none
[10:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Come out tomorrow to skate!
[10:41] Rosie Gray: yes!
[10:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): What time, again, Rosie?
[10:41] Rosie Gray: and bring your friends ㋡
[10:41] Rosie Gray: noon - 2 pm slt
[10:42] Ranma Tardis: thank you Rosie
[10:42] Tanoujin Milestone: aw, no, lol - how old do we get?
[10:42] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry, wrong window
[10:42] Lilith IvoryLilith Ivory grins
[10:42] Rosie Gray: hehe
[10:42] Lilith Ivory: 11 I guess
[10:42] Ranma Tardis: This brings us to the next meeting
[10:42] Ranma Tardis: I propose 9am pacific on the 3 of February
[10:43] Bagheera Kristan: that time works for me
[10:43] Tanoujin Milestone: is that a saturday?
[10:43] Ranma Tardis: yes
[10:43] Tanoujin Milestone: works
[10:43] Ranma Tardis: 2 weeks from now
[10:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ok
[10:44] Ranma Tardis: so lets adjourn
[10:44] Ranma Tardis: a motion
[10:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): So moved
[10:44] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[10:44] Bagheera Kristan: second
[10:44] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[10:44] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[10:44] Ranma Tardis: vote please
[10:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[10:44] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[10:44] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[10:44] Ranma Tardis: aye
[10:44] Ranma Tardis: motion carries the RA is adjourned until 3 february 2018 at 9 am pacific

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”