Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

FORMATION of the CONFLICT OF INTEREST COMMISSION

Post by Cadence Theas »

To all interested citizens:

As part of the 21st RA legislative agenda, in its September 1, 2014 meeting, the RA decided to form the Conflict of Interest Commission. Because this commission concerns a topic that will affect the RA (and all branches of government), the RA decided to break pattern and not have the commission be chaired by a RA member, rather to form a citizen-only committee to be run and chaired by citizens not currently holding an elected or appointed office.

The commission, once formed, is directed, in the space of 30 days, to examine the issue of conflict of interest especially, but not limited to, how it pertains to elected officials, and their other activities. The commission should arrive at suggestions, guidelines, and/or legislation.

This is an open invitation to formulate a commission with five members who will meet, consult with the community, organize public consultation processes, etc. The chair of the commission will be appointed by the commission itself subject to RA approval.

The next RA meeting is probably (needs to be confirmed) next September 8 in the evening, and we would like the commission to be formalized this day, so if you are interested in being a member of this commission, please send me a notecard.

Thank you,
Cadence
LRA

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”