Public consultation: Codes of Procedure

Forum to discuss issues pertaining to the organisation and operations of the judiciary.

Moderator: SC Moderators

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Condense your ideas into as short a form as possible

Post by michelmanen »

Buzz off!!

(Hahaha, just joking Beathan; I accept this kind of humor might lose its impact on-line :lol: )

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

[quote="Beathan":1i5gb4ai]"A long line of reasoning may be sound, but unless it's also memorable, it won't be followed. Condense your ideas into as short a form as possible."[/quote:1i5gb4ai]

Am I the only one to spot the strong irony in the idea of a horroscope on the subject of reason?

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Ash --

No, I spot it too. That's why I try to be memorable.

Also, I note that number ideas might lead to many, many posts with many, many words -- even if those words express the ideas very briefly.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

[quote="Beathan":ydwcn3vd]
Also, I note that number ideas might lead to many, many posts with many, many words -- even if those words express the ideas very briefly.[/quote:ydwcn3vd]

"Number ideas"?

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

I meant "number of ideas." I tend to have ideas about many subjects. All other things being equal, I will say more than a person with more limited interests, even if both he and I are equally brief in expressing any given point.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.

Return to “Judiciary Discussion”