PIO Team update

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

PIO Team update

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

PIO team update:

I am very proud of the work that our PIO staff with direction and much assistance from the Vice Chancellor have accomplished the first half of the term. Bagheera Kristan, AbbyRose Abbot, Molly Medier, Andromeda Mesmer and Dee Shepherd are to be commended. I have seen people work as a team and provide the CDS with many outstanding events.

The SL 11 birthday celebration started this term off right with several spectacular events in the CDS done by Jerry Don Lane and Catz Lane assisting the PIO team. A special thanks to JD and Catz for going above and beyond, with no budget at all they were able to have awesome events in CDS for the SL 11 birthday. Thank you also for all of the people who participated in the SL 11 birthday celebrations, brainstorming for the event, working to build or share displays, helping with setup and also just visiting with visitors at the Linden site. They even generated a profit for CDS from the SL11B stage events. The events inside CDS were outstanding. Thank you PIO team and JD and Catz!

Thank you also for AbbyRose and Molly assisting the outgoing chancellor with the Inaugural ball and promoting it. Much appreciation !

Some of the highlights of the first term are below :
SL 11 Birthday kickoff with CDS grand opening of the CDS SL 11 Birthday
June 22 Pink Floyd concert in CDS at colonia nova to kick off the SL 11 birthday celebration ( special thanks to JD and Catz Lane for organizing fabulous and free events in CDS for the SL birthday!)
June 23 Corey Baby in CDS, CN docks singing hits from the 70s
June 24 JD on the main stage at LL, SL 11 birthday - democracy lecture
June 25 NIGHTWISH concert in Colonia Nova !
June 27 Colt on the main stage at LL , SL 11 birthday – playing his sax
June 28 DJ Anj at the docks in Colonia Nova
July 5 Jazz at the Schloss
July 13 BlueMonk at the Docks in colonia nova
July 27 Sunday evening garden party by Molly
July 30 CDS 10th anniversary celebrations kick off in NFS and Anzere ( special thanks to Bagheera for getting LL permission to set stream in Anzere) and to DJ Anj, Coery Baby, Molly Medier who donated DJ services
CIRCUS WEEKEND .. Abby Molly and Adromeda with help from many citizens.
August 16 Zorch performs in the colonia nova fair grounds Aug. 16th, Jack Kinagree at 4pm slt
Aug. 17th, Phil Collins Tribute Band at 2pm slt
Aug. 18th, Colt ons sax at 4pmslt

CDS has had numerous fabulous events put on in CDS the first half of this term, more events than I ever recall having in CDS in one stretch. Above are only some of the events, I am sure I left some out. This has been done with very little financial cost to CDS and by the very diligent and hard work of our PIO Team, mainly AbbyRose Abbot, Molly Medier, and with much help from Bagheera and JD and Catz during the SL 11 birthday.
We have big shoes to fill for the second half of the term. The bar has been set high.

2nd half of the term… New Chief PIO appointed … I am pleased to announce that Jerrydon Lane has been appointed by me and has agreed to become the Chief PIO. He will be responsible for the activities of the PIO team. He will help and assist the PIO team members coordinate our upcoming events and activities.

• New Citizen Packets and procedures need to be in place and implemented for the new sim.

• Weekly event during Euro-USA friendly time.

• Octoberfest and 10th anniversary.

• Kiosks or alternative being used.

• Events to be paid up front. No longer asking citizens to pay for CDS expenses and get reimbursed.

Our FIRST PRIORITY IS THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS/Octoberfest

July 31 2004 Haney Linden launches project for communities wishing to preserve the snow sims/ kick off 10th anniversary celebration … completed, well done Abby and Molly and Bagheera.

September 12 2004 Proposal Approved, 10 year anniversary celebration

September 20 2004 Land in Anzere, 10 Birthday of CDS Celebration!

Tenth anniversary size celebration of Oktoberfest !
November 14 2004 Provisional Government, 10th anniversary

Grid wide exposure of CDS, the ability for all citizens to participate as they desire, and a good time to be had by each and every one of us is the goal of these events.

Add a weekly euro/usa friendly event, (prior to noon slt) with the express intent of welcoming any new citizens and gathering of current citizens.. this will be during the week, weekly, for the rest of the term. Starting the week of August 25, week of September 1, 8 , 15, 22, 29, October 6,13, 20, 27, and November 3, 10 17, 24, Dec 1, 8, 15.. So for around 20 events.

PIO/ events and the new citizen packets.

I look forward to working with the other branches of government in any way possible in the celebration of the TENTH anniversary of CDS.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”