Report to the RA September 11th 2014

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Report to the RA September 11th 2014

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Members of the Government, visitors, and my fellow citizens,

It is good to see you all here at the 5th Representative Assembly Meeting of the 21st Representative Assembly of The Confederation of Democratic Simulators.

We are now two weeks into the third month of this less than six month long 21st RA term. I will update you on the progress of the Executive Branch, discuss the state of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators today, and let you know some of the things your Executive Branch team plans for the rest of the term.

First of all, I agree wholeheartedly that the office of chancellor’s powers need to be more clearly defined. I have set forth specific policy for my administration per the laws that treat each and every citizen fairly and equally. This has not happened in the past administrations since the laws are so broad as to allow for chancellors’ to use “discretion” to determine policy on a case by case basis. I applaud the RA doing whatever it can to make the actions of future chancellors less open for interpretation and be as clearly defined as possible. When things have been done on a case by case basis in the past, it has led to the appearance of biases and allows for citizens to be treated in less than equitable ways.

The first step in this process of clarifying powers via laws, was something in which I had a part in last term. During the 20th RA I wrote an RFP with the assistance of Delia and CLEO, in order to have the current laws consistently and accurately available on the Web Portal. This ball unfortunately has been dropped completely by the current RA and without knowing what the laws are at any given time, CDS operates in a state of inaccuracy. I urge the RA to push this to the forefront of the agenda so that laws passed by previous RA’s are ALL available in one place. I also suggest this be done for SC rulings and set precedents.

As I have proceeded to attempt to provide the service to CDS as I read is required by the laws of CDS, The Scientific Council has whittled away at The Office of the Chancellor’s powers by way of interpreting how much The Chancellor’s Office does, in effect, legislating from the bench. One case in point is the three parcels now held off the market by the SC even though the Office of the Chancellor has followed the law. Another is the ruling on the Web Portal, and others. These moves by the SC which change the very power structure in the CDS, are unprecedented for the current sitting SC, and perhaps any SC in the history of CDS. Changes were made without consulting the citizenry or even the RA for their vote for an amendment that such a change would normally require. The SC made these changes, which are changes usually reserved for the legislative branch of any government. I recommend the RA give this matter urgent attention. The most concerning ruling is the one regarding the Web Portal. The CDS portal which houses arguably over half of what “is” CDS, the official record of our laws, Constitution, published Financial records and the day to day written interactions that become what IS the history of CDS, have now been put in the hands of people who are not accountable to any elected official.

Though I am delighted to finally see the citizens request for a new sim via referendum this term addressed by the RA, I am saddened by the RA’s unnecessary lack of expediency in this matter. I urge them to have the sim open for new citizens to purchase land prior to the date required for any new citizens to run for office for next term as well as to vote, as I see MORE people being able to participate in our democratic process as one great benefits of the acquisition of a new sim at this time. More people who are actively involved in the government and workings of CDS will allow us the greater strength, diversity, and progress as we move forward.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the Executive Team so far this term.

First and foremost your Vice Chancellor, Bagheera Kristan.

Bagheera as Vice Chancellor, has done a superlative job this first third of the term. Her contribution is indespensible and I cannot thank her enough for the work she does for all of us. I hope you will all take the time to thank her personally for all of the things she does that are noticeable and the work she does behind the scenes that make our experience in CDS a good one.

Bagheera was instrumental in the swift completion of the Locus Ameonus project and was able to help not only get it completely done and on the market on schedule, but also took it upon herself to build homes for the parcels for land owners who were not satisfied with the homes that were on their parcels previously. Many of the fishing village parcels now have more than one preapproved build available for future owners. Thank you, Bagheera.

We have consistently been at 97% plus occupancy for the month of July. The three parcels currently held by the S C are the only parcels not sold and collecting tier.

Bagheera and I have worked together to create and implement consistent regulations that allow for land to be put on the open market in a fair and open, transparent way. By announcing the land is available and then setting it for sale on a first come first serve basis and a pre-determined time our occupancy rate has stayed high and the land has been purchased by a wide variety of people. These regulations were constructed with the equality of treatment of all citizens, no matter what their political leaning in mind, and the system is working.

I urge citizens to encourage new citizens to come to CDS and for all current citizens to remain citizens. This is something we can all do. Let’s make CDS a welcoming place where everyone is encouraged to join, and all are encouraged to stay. I would like to address an unfortunate episode that took place during this past month, and explain it to the citizens. When land is owned and tier is not paid, this is allowed to take place for 14 days, no matter the state of the tier box and then the land is acquired by the government. The communication by the Executive Team as required by law is always done per the law and is ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS, an effort to retain the citizen No one has ever been encouraged to leave by THIS executive branch’s team, to my knowledge, and I will take action if I am ever notified that it has by anyone working for the Executive Branch. Therefore, I regretfully must report the following. There has been a case, where a member of the 21st RA, Tor Karlsvalt ,former chancellor himself, (and supporter of my opponent for chancellor this term), Tor Karlsvalt, took it upon himself to encourage a citizen to leave the CDS. Tor sent a notecard that appeared to be “official” because Tor not only signed his name but referenced his status of RA member in the card to a relatively new CDS citizen, and encouraged that citizen to leave. He was attempting to do what I must assume he knew was the chancellors duty to execute, which is taking care of the land of CDS. I am appalled by this action by my fellow government official, and former chancellor, in an attempt to usurp power of the Executive Branch with misleading statements to a citizen. I want to make my displeasure about this action publically known and expect this sort of behavior to cease.

On a brighter note, and to reiterate, I hope that you will join me and the majority of citizens who continue to make CDS welcoming to everyone no matter their political leanings! Everyone who is following the laws should be encouraged to stay, and enjoy CDS ! Our strength is in our continued growth and your welcoming attitudes with everyone who lives here and visits.

CDS Estate Manager Team

Thank you to Bagheera for overseeing the CDS Estate managers with me and to all of our CDS Estate Managers who continue to do an outstanding job of keeping up the sims. Thank you especially today to Carlo Islar for his outstanding service in June and July and the beginning of August. Not only did Carlo regularly keep up with the European Time zone for us, he was active in identifying issues with lag and consulting with the VC with ongoing issues. Thank you, Carlo. We now welcome Lam Erin, also in the European time zone, to our CDS Estate Manager team and thank the rest of the team for their ongoing contribution to life in CDS : Nolligan, Trebor, Sudane and Sonja. Bagheera has been doing a wonderful job of leading this team as evidenced by the smooth running of the sims this past two and a half months. Bagheera and her team have been replacing trees on public land that were previously owned by private citizens with trees that are owned now by CDS and are able to change as the seasons change, thank you to the CDS EM’s who have helped her with this. This project is ongoing.

PIO TEAM

The Four member PIO team is to be commended on providing us with an outstanding number of events this past month. These events have given opportunity for new visitors to see and participate in CDS, as well as a chance for the bonding of our citizens into a more cohesive community. Thank you AbbyRose, Molly, Andromdeda and Dee. Events in the Schloss during July included an Evening at the Schloss event featuring JC Farsider and Colt playing jazz. We had another event in July that featured BlueMonk playing at the Docks of Colonia Nova, as well as a dance concert, for which we owe special thanks to Molly. Thank you also Molly for the garden party on the 27th. Another highlight of July was the event which kicked off the 10th Anniversary of CDS by commemorating the initiating event which saw Haney Linden post a call for proposals for improving snow sims, answered by Ulrika and Kendra. The result was us having the first CDS land in Anzere. Special thanks to Bagheera, our Vice Chancellor, who teamed up with the PIOs to put on a wonderful set of events that spanned the square in NFS and our Anzere Infohub land. Bagheera was able to get special permission from the Lindens to have access to the stream so that a celebration event could happen. Well done Bagheera, Abby, Molly, and Andromeda for making this happen, and to all my fellow citizens who attended. Your PIO team will be continuing the 10th anniversary celebrations for the rest of the term and also invites you to participate in a fun time with an August Circus. Thank you PIO TEAM. Abby Molly Andromeda and Dee.

GOVERNMENT QUESTION HOURS
Thank you to the members of the other branches of government who have attended, answered questions, and led the GQH that are required by CDS law. Also thank you, to my fellow citizens who have attended and asked questions of the Government.
The rest of the term is looking bright. We anticipate continued growth. CDS has remained consistently full and I look to do all I can to encourage the purchasing of more than one sim this term. Look for the PIO’s to continue to have fabulous events, and for the CDS EM’s to continue to make day to day life in CDS enjoyable. Thank you for your attention.
Madam LRA, thank you for inviting me and having me present early in the agenda. I am available to stay and briefly take some questions from citizens and the RA now, please “ raise your hand” and I will call on you and answer a few questions as time allows.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”