Survey Regarding Colonia Nova

For planning and discussing issues related to Colonia Nova, Neufreistadt's second sim under the Confederation of the Democratic Simulators.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Survey Regarding Colonia Nova

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

[i:1hcffvwh]This survey was sent to all citizens. We encourage everyone to respond to the questions, even if you aren't a citizen either here or via email at [email protected][/i:1hcffvwh]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you may be aware, the Confederation of Democratic Simulators has begun planning for the addition of our second sim, Colonia Nova http://colonianova.info/

As part of this process, the participation and input from citizens and interested parties is highly sought, as it will help those involved in the planning process to best ensure that the sim reflects the need and wants of the prospective residents and visitors. The Sim Planning Committee assures that your responses to this survey will not be taken as a commitment to purchase, lease, or contribute to Colonia Nova. Rather, your responses will allow us to best serve the needs of those who may be working, living, visiting, and playing in Colonia Nova.

We appreciate your participation and thank you for your time.

1. Prior to this survey, have you heard of Colonia Nova?

___ Yes
___ No

2. Colonia Nova's architecture will be Classical Roman. What is your level of interest in this architectural style?

___ Very Interested
___ Somewhat Interested
___ Not Interested

3. Plot of land in Colonia Nova will be larger than those in Neufreistadt, but you will be responsible for maintaining public resources (i.e. roads) that cross your land. How interested are you in this feature?

__ Very Interested
__ Somewhat Interested
__ Not Interested

4. Do you currently own land in Neufreistadt?

___ Yes
___ No

5. If you own land in Neufreistadt, would you sell that land in order to purchase land in Colonia Nova?

___ Yes
___ No

6. How much Neufreistadt land would you be selling?

___ Everything I own
___ My Inner Wall Land
___ My Valley Land
___ My Commercial Plot

7. If land were to become available in Neufreistadt due to movement to CN, would you be interested in buying?

___ No
___ Inner Wall Land
___ Valley Land
___ Commercial Plot

8. How likely are you to purchase RESIDENTIAL land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

___ Very Likely
___ Somewhat Likely
___ Not Very Likely
___ Not Likely

9. If you were to look for RESIDENTIAL land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

___ 32 - 128
___ 128 - 512
___ 512-1024
___ 1024 - 2048
___ 2048 and up

10. What would you feel is a reasonable price for RESIDENTIAL land in Colonia Nova?

___ L$1/m
___ L$2/m
___ L$3/m
___ L$4/m
___ L$5/m
___ L$6/m
___ L$7/m
___ L$8/m
___ L$9/m
___ L$10+/m

11. How likely are you to purchase COMMERCIAL land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

___ Very Likely
___ Somewhat Likely
___ Not Very Likely
___ Not Likely

12. If you were to look for COMMERCIAL land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

___ 32 - 128
___ 128 - 512
___ 512-1024
___ 1024 - 2048
___ 2048 and up

13. What would you feel is a reasonable price for COMMERCIAL land in Colonia Nova?

___ $1/m
___ L$2/m
___ L$3/m
___ L$4/m
___ L$5/m
___ L$6/m
___ L$7/m
___ L$8/m
___ L$9/m
___ L$10+/m

14. How likely are you to purchase COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL + SKYBOX land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

___ Very Likely
___ Somewhat Likely
___ Not Very Likely
___ Not Likely

15. If you were to look for COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL + SKYBOX land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

___ 32 - 128
___ 128 - 512
___ 512-1024
___ 1024 - 2048
___ 2048 and up

16. What would you feel is a reasonable price for COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL + SKYBOX land in Colonia Nova?

___ L$1/m
___ L$2/m
___ L$3/m
___ L$4/m
___ L$5/m
___ L$6/m
___ L$7/m
___ L$8/m
___ L$9/m
___ L$10+/m

17. How likely are you to purchase WATERFRONT land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

___ Very Likely
___ Somewhat Likely
___ Not Very Likely
___ Not Likely

18. If you were to look for WATERFRONT land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

___ 32 - 128
___ 128 - 512
___ 512-1024
___ 1024 - 2048
___ 2048 and up

19. What would you feel is a reasonable price for WATERFRONT land in Colonia Nova?

___ L$1/m
___ L$2/m
___ L$3/m
___ L$4/m
___ L$5/m
___ L$6/m
___ L$7/m
___ L$8/m
___ L$9/m
___ L$10+/m

20. If constructed, would you be interested in renting a booth in a city-sponsored flea market to sell your Wares?
___ YES
___ NO

21. What are the top 3 things that you would look for when determining whether to purchase land in Colonia Nova?

___ Price of Land
___ Topography of Plots
___ City Infrastructure
___ Covenent Enforcement
___ Availability of Events and Services
___ Active Government
___ Sense of Cohesive Community
___ Other (explain)

22. Lastly, if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding Colonia Nova, please feel free to add them below. In addition, please feel free to join us during our planning meetings and/or join one of our sub-committees and help shape the future of the CDS!

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Responses thus far

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

[i:2t5uhac8]You can still submit your reply - I'll add it in.

Please note that the totals will not add up as some people did not respond to every questions - and others gave more than one reponse per question.[/i:2t5uhac8]

[color=blue:2t5uhac8]UPDATED WITH MORE RESULTS[/color:2t5uhac8]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Prior to this survey, have you heard of Colonia Nova?

16 Yes
1 No

2. Colonia Nova's architecture will be Classical Roman. What is your level of interest in this architectural style?

6 Very Interested
11 Somewhat Interested
1 Not Interested

3. Plot of land in Colonia Nova will be larger than those in Neufreistadt, but you will be responsible for maintaining public resources ( i.e. roads) that cross your land. How interested are you in this feature?

3 Very Interested
6 Somewhat Interested
7 Not Interested

4. Do you currently own land in Neufreistadt?

16 Yes
1 No

5. If you own land in Neufreistadt, would you sell that land in order to purchase land in Colonia Nova?

4 Yes
11 No
2 maybe

6. How much Neufreistadt land would you be selling?

0 Everything I own
2 My Inner Wall Land
1 My Valley Land
0 My Commercial Plot

7. If land were to become available in Neufreistadt due to movement to CN, would you be interested in buying?

10 No
0 Inner Wall Land
2 Valley Land
3 Commercial Plot

8. How likely are you to purchase RESIDENTIAL land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

2 Very Likely
6 Somewhat Likely
6 Not Very Likely
1 Not Likely

9. If you were to look for RESIDENTIAL land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

1 32 - 128
3 128 - 512
5 512-1024
2 1024 - 2048
2 2048 and up

10. What would you feel is a reasonable price for RESIDENTIAL land in Colonia Nova?

0 L$1/m
2 L$2/m
1 L$3/m
3 L$4/m
4 L$5/m
2 L$6/m
1 L$7/m
3 L$8/m
0 L$9/m
0 L$10+/m

11. How likely are you to purchase COMMERCIAL land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

1 Very Likely
3 Somewhat Likely
7 Not Very Likely
1 Not Likely

12. If you were to look for COMMERCIAL land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

0 32 - 128
3 128 - 512
3 512-1024
0 1024 - 2048
1 2048 and up

13. What would you feel is a reasonable price for COMMERCIAL land in Colonia Nova?

0 $1/m
0 L$2/m
1 L$3/m
1 L$4/m
1 L$5/m
2 L$6/m
1 L$7/m
1 L$8/m
3 L$9/m
0 L$10+/m

14. How likely are you to purchase COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL + SKYBOX land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

0 Very Likely
4 Somewhat Likely
5 Not Very Likely
6 Not Likely

15. If you were to look for COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL + SKYBOX land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

1 32 - 128
1 128 - 512
1 512-1024
3 1024 - 2048
2 2048 and up

16. What would you feel is a reasonable price for COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL + SKYBOX land in Colonia Nova?

0 L$1/m
0 L$2/m
0 L$3/m
1 L$4/m
1 L$5/m
3 L$6/m
2 L$7/m
4 L$8/m
0 L$9/m
2 L$10+/m

17. How likely are you to purchase WATERFRONT land in Colonia Nova if it were available?

5 Very Likely
2 Somewhat Likely
6 Not Very Likely
3 Not Likely

18. If you were to look for WATERFRONT land in Colonia Nova, how large of a plot would you be looking for (in sq. meters)?

0 32 - 128
1 128 - 512
6 512-1024
1 1024 - 2048
2 2048 and up

19. What would you feel is a reasonable price for WATERFRONT land in Colonia Nova?

0 L$1/m
0 L$2/m
1 L$3/m
0 L$4/m
1 L$5/m
1 L$6/m
2 L$7/m
3 L$8/m
3 L$9/m
4 L$10+/m

20. If constructed, would you be interested in renting a booth in a city-sponsored flea market to sell your Wares?
10 YES
5 NO

21. What are the top 3 things that you would look for when determining whether to purchase land in Colonia Nova?

9 Price of Land
9 Topography of Plots
7 City Infrastructure
2 Covenant Enforcement
4 Availability of Events and Services
4 Active Government
11 Sense of Cohesive Community
Other (explain)

- No interest
-reasonable zoning & community regulation on ownership
-Size of plot allows more than a three prim house and one stick of furniture would be nice

22. Lastly, if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding Colonia Nova, please feel free to add them below. In addition, please feel free to join us during our planning meetings and/or join one of our sub-committees and help shape the future of the CDS!

- the CDS name sucks

- A big selling point for NFS is the fairly cheap land esp. given the mall plots - government is incidental

- The Most important reason for a new Sim would be the rapidly growing demand for Nfstadt's Governance with the Democracy model. I can vouch that myself and a significant number of other business persons have become or would like to become citizens of CDS, so as to be able to use the Civil and Commercial dispute resolution offered by the CDS courts. This, in addition to the escrow mechanism and inclination/efforts by the CDS to develop and viable commercial and business environment is what is the Most promising aspect of the this experiment to people like me. Of course, the socio-political fabric and the evolution of a governance system is highly exciting too. But, most of all I would like to see more initiative for inducing commercial establishments and businesses to shift and use the CDS trade laws in the proposed Colonia Nova sim. I foresee, CDS courts both commercial as well as criminal becoming the de-facto Industry standard for all SL businesses and gradually SL members who may be non-citizens but would like to avail our judicial system

- I would like to know how your sub government will pan, if you are going to control it as a colony until there is a suitable base of citizens, and when or if elections to a local, representative "city council" if you will would take form.

Return to “Planning Colonia Nova”