monastery

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: monastery

Post by Sudane Erato »

With all tierboxes you can pay any amount, and the box will calculate the time provided by that payment. My immediate feeling is that our "need", as with all tierboxes, is for monthly payments, so switching the button amounts to, say, weekly, would end up weakening the finances there. I think it would be better to leave the buttons as they are, with the monthly amounts in your face, and then let donors give what they can knowing it will be only a part of a month.

Sudane...................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Oh I see :)
I didn´t know you can pay the boxes any amount you want.
In this case I agree with Sudane we should leave the preset amounts as they are to avoid confusuion.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Lyubov »

Thank you Sudane. I agree, it is best to leave the tier boxes and payment buttons unchanged. It is great to know that everyone is free to make a contribution towards tier, in any amount at any time; even a 100L payment makes a difference and does extend the remaining time. This is much less overwhelming than one person trying to make the full monthly payment on the Monastery parcel and much easier to manage than even a donation box.

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Monastery in Destination guide

While reading the last LUC transcript I noticed a very important comment Lia made.
I didn´t know our Monastery is listed in the Destination guide but think we should keep this fact in mind when deciding about it´s future

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Kyoko
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Kyoko »

Good to keep in mind.

CDS Citizen
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

Dear Friends, I have paid 3 months of tier for the Monastery. I will take up ownership of the parcel starting January 2020.

It is really hard for me to let it go. I feel we need this big structure along with the lake to make some sense of the region. But I am undecided. This building is old and crammed, it needs reconstruction.

I will try to establish an interim usage as a dance hall. We will win time to make plans. First step would be to lose some prims and decorate.

Now let me tell you the story I have in mind. The Monastery, flourishing under abbess-ducessa Perreault, did not find a new leader. The monks, not clever enough to run the place on their own, left and joined other communities, where most of them were accused of heresy and burned ;)

Thieves came and carried away the interior, hobos fed their campfires with the stairs, books and the window shutters of the tower. The gales took away most of the shingles (especially the colorful ones ;)

Not yet a ruin, but the filling of this hollow tooth was taken out. (btw I love ruins, with the ground plan and some walls still there, but nature taking back the place and the sky instead of a roof)

Let me start another story… I know a man in RL who makes illegal parties in abandoned stone quarries and empty factories. He has a generator for electricity ;) So, lighting, beverage and stereo equipment are brought impromptu, people light a fire and sit on old tires… they pop some pills and start to dance…

That is the usage I have in mind until march. I need help, builders who understand and like the idea, and DJs later on. I am ready to hire people for good money. There are still 180 Euros in the budget. But I am an old cripple, I really need help. It is hard enough for me to find the energy to write this text :D.

Later on… well. The parcel is about 45 Euros per month. If I would find 2 companions who are ready to pay 15 per month, we could keep it… deed it to group or whatever...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Kyoko
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Kyoko »

Great stories. I'm in for help and $15 per mo.

CDS Citizen
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

/me hugs Kyoko

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren

Return to “General Discussion”