CDS Artisan Guild appointments to Land Use Commission

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

CDS Artisan Guild appointments to Land Use Commission

Post by Rosie Gray »

The CDS Artisan Guild met yesterday to choose representatives that will stand on the Land Use Commission (LUC). They will be Sudane Erato and Tanoujin Milestone. I am the RA representative on the LUC. The RA still needs to choose two citizens as representatives. I'm not sure if there is a Chancellor's representative appointment yet. I will get the ball rolling with the first LUC meeting and then the group will decide on a chairperson, and alternate chairperson, and a secretary. In all there are to be six people on the LUC, as per the CDSL 21-01 Permanent Land Use Commission Act.

SECTION III: MEMBERS

To be composed of six members whose aggregate expertise is composed of, but not limited to: terraforming, landscaping, building, texture creation and application. Such members are to be nominated: 1. Two citizens, by the CDS Artisans Guild, or by subsequent, approved, NGOs; 2. One citizen by the RA from its membership, each term and not subject to the rotation, appointed by the RA by simple majority. 3. One citizen from the Executive Branch, appointed by the Chancellor, and; 4. Two citizens appointed by RA members from the Citizenry-at-large, via a simple majority vote by the RA. Those nominated shall be confirmed by the Representative Assembly and become Members of the Commission. Such Membership shall be, after the initial seating, on a rotational basis, according to a plan formulated by the initial members and approved by the RA. A member may resign or be removed from office at the discretion of the RA upon the recommendation of their nominator. This resulting vacancy, or the vacancies due to end-of-term, shall be filled according to the legislated process, the new member(s) assuming the term of the member(s) replaced.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: CDS Artisan Guild appointments to Land Use Commission

Post by Han Held »

Rosie Gray wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm not sure if there is a Chancellor's representative appointment yet.

I've asked Ranma (here, in the monastery thread) but not gotten an answer from her yet.

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Han Held wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:29 pm
Rosie Gray wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm not sure if there is a Chancellor's representative appointment yet.

I've asked Ranma (here, in the monastery thread) but not gotten an answer from her yet.

Still no response from Ranma.

Kyoko/Samara Barzane has offered to represent the executive branch on the LUC and I'm happy to appoint her to represent the executive branch on the LUC.

Thank you Kyoko! :heart:

---
Ranma Tardis
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Thought I sent a affirmative reply to you Han. I will be happy to be your representative to the LUC.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Hmmm, I see that Ranma had accepted Han's appointment, but there was a bit of overlap and a confliction. I am happy to nominated Kyoko for one of the citizen appointments of the RA. Who else is interested? This is a chance to have a lot of input into what the regions look like! Please let me or any of the RA members know if you would like to be considered.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Rosie Gray wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:00 am

Hmmm, I see that Ranma had accepted Han's appointment, but there was a bit of overlap and a confliction. I am happy to nominated Kyoko for one of the citizen appointments of the RA.

There's crossed wires -I had thought that Ranma was waiting for an explanation of what being on the LUC would entail before accepting. So the misunderstanding is my fault. I'm happy she's accepted my request to serve.

I'd like to see both Kyoko and Ranma on the LUC, so I'd be happy to have Kyoko there as a citizen representative if she'd be willing to serve as one and I enthusiastically back her nomination. :heart:

My confusion's wronged both Kyoko and Ranma ...I hope you both will accept my apologies.

---

Return to “General Discussion”