Leaving CDS

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Leaving CDS

Post by Bagheera »

Ranma Tardis wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:23 pm

I paid a month of tier to continue Monastery. It is strange paying tier for someone else.

There needs to be a path forward.

Ranma - I know many people are grateful for your willingness to step in. I know you can appreciate as much as anyone the need to work through the process. Arria has not released the parcels and they were barely past due, so not eligible for reclamation. At this point, in my opinion, we need to catch up with Arria or - if she doesn't show up - keep tabs on a manual clock that indicates when time would have been up if you had not paid the tier - then wait for the clock to click down.

I believe Chancellor Han Held is committed to work out something so that your payment that you so generously made will be treated appropriately and this will all get resolved in due time.

Thanks for everything !

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Ranma, I'm happy that you're willing and able to take over Monastery -I think you'd do a great job with it and when the time comes you will do a great job with it.

I also want to make sure that Arria doesn't get pushed out before she intends to go, if she's not ready to go to let her stay.

Arria, if you had intended to pay Monastery's rent for August, perhaps you could compensate Ranma for what she's paid -since it has been covered?

Bagheera told me that Arria was going to leave before, but decided to stay. If she's going to have a similar change of heart now I think we should give her the room to have it.

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

I'd like Ranma to consider representing the executive branch on the Land Use Commision.

For the "broad strokes" outline of what the LUC is about, I'd invite you to read CDSL-21-01 (the Permanent Land Use Commision act)

Specifically, however, I believe that because you're offering to pay for Monastery,
and because we're happy to accept your offer,
...that you ought to be a very active participant in deciding what happens with Monastery, going forward.

The best way for you to have that voice, in my opinion, is for you to be a part of the Land Use Commission.

I will want you to participate on the LUC when it comes to any other matters that the LUC discusses too, of course, not just Monastery. If decisions need to be made, I'll want you to keep me informed of what those are so I can tell you (as Chancellor, the executive branch) what we want done/actions taken/what have you.

I am not sure what times and what rules the commision will be run under this term. For that, I am going to defer to Bagheera who probably has a better grasp of what's going on with the LUC right now than I do.

Last edited by Han Held on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

So, long story short, my (proposed?) path forward:

1)Straighten out who's paying for Monastery for August

2)
2a)Give Arria every opportunity to change her mind if she's going to
2b)If Arria changes her mind, make sure that Ranma is compensated for the money she's paid

3)Invite Ranma onto the Land Use Commision (done)

4)After Arria cedes the Monastery project, have the LUC decide what changes (if any) will be made and what will be done with the project going forward.

---
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Han Held wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:06 pm

...I am not sure what times and what rules the commision will be run under this term. For that, I am going to defer to Bagheera who probably has a better grasp of what's going on with the LUC right now than I do.

Rosie is the RA representative to the LUC right now. I stepped down when I was elected as LRA so that there would be no conflict of interest. Please follow up with Rosie. Thanks!

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Arria Perreault »

Hi all

Sorry to be so late to react. I have written an IM to Ranma. I am ready to collaborate with her to transfer her the land, the building, the furniture and the group. I will stay also available for questions. I will also pay the fees for August.
I will keep my house in Colonia Nova or maybe find an other one in CN to maintain my citizenship.

Kind regards

Arria

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Thanks for doing that Arria, and I'm glad you're staying on as a citizen. :D

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”