1415 Ulrikastrasse complete

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

1415 Ulrikastrasse complete

Post by Sudane Erato »

I am REALLY happy to announce that the first building of the "densification project" which I had proposed for NFS and which the RA happily approved is now complete. It's the second one, actually, but the first one (1365 HLS Platz, next to the Kirche), was my own personal project with which I tried out the concept before I had brought it to the community for approval.

So this is the first one ready for a new occupant. In the immediate time frame I have 3 more to do: 1) right across the street at 1470 Ulrikastrasse (which will go back to Brian Livingston when complete), 2) behind the just completed one at 1515 Ulrikastrasse (which will also go back to Brian when complete), and 3) at 1705 Kendrastrasse, up the hill towards the Schloss, which will go on the market when complete.

I'm giving this new build and its parcel back to the community, and Rudeen will put it up for sale shortly. But I thought before I did that I'd ask if anyone currently in the community would like it. As with all community owned parcels, the purchase price of the parcel will pay the first month tier.

A word here about the new build and the concepts of the densification project. This build occupies not only the parcel that it's "attached" to, but also some public land facing the street. That means that the occupant must be careful not to place objects in areas of the building which are not on the actual parcel... UNLESS they link them to an object on their parcel. To make it easy to identify exactly what area is on the parcel, and what area is not, there are two "Boundary Rezzors" in the build itself, one for each floor (they are small red boxes). Touching a Boundary Rezzor rezzes a red marker with which you can easily see your borders. You just delete it when you're done. Only the parcel owner can make the Rezzor work (I'm told... but that might not be true).

If you want to rez something outside the marker, and don't know how to link it to something which IS on your parcel, ask an EM. Its a simple process.

In exchange for this awkwardness with the markers, the building itself is NOT anchored on the parcel. By permission of the RA, we have had the approval to anchor the building on public land. So while the parcel owner will not actually own the building, they have the huge benefit of not having the prims (the Land Impact) of the building on their parcel.

Anyway, 1415 Ulrikastrasse is done. Please let me know if you'd like to buy the parcel and we can set it for sale to you.

Sudane..........................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: 1415 Ulrikastrasse complete

Post by Rosie Gray »

I LOVE the way this improves the look of our little walled city, Sudane! There will be a bit of an adjustment required for some people when they occupy these special parcels, but as you note it is an exchange for not having to count the building prims against what they are paying for. The other advantage is to the community as a whole, as we make a more cohesive and integrated little town that is more true to its inspiration. Well done!

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Dianne Mechanique
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Dianne Mechanique »

And what a beautiful build it is!

Personally, I'd also like to see this densification applied to our more commercial areas like the Platz as the buildings there are certainly under-utilised. IT's also easier to "sell" the idea of a denser build with (somewhat) less user control when talking about commercial property than it is for people's homes. Overall, I think these kind of developments make our city both more liveable and more realistic both of which I favour.

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

I love the new building, and I really like the concept. The building really gives the feel of an old, well-used city dwelling that has already had successive sets of residents. The building fits the curve of a well-worn street. The rooms aren't square either. If you walk into the building, you can almost smell the age. It both updates and deepens the quality of our buildings in Neufriestadt. Thanks, Sudane, for building these.

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

I love the layout of the building as well, it feels very cozy and communal. Awesome job, Sudane -thank you very much!

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Having owned 1415 Ulrikastrasse before I realy think Sudane worked miracles to build such a spacious home on such a tiny parcel :)
It should not be difficult to furnish it nicely as most of the rooms are inside of the parcel.
As I am the prowd owner of another one of Sudanes dense buildings already I would be happy to explain to new renters or anyone else interested what has to be kept in mind when furnishing a home like this.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I clicked the boundary marker box because I like to click things, and oops.... now there's a big red marker that I cannot delete. Sorry, Sudane!

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

LOL... no worries. If you were the parcel owner you could. I'm trusting that EMs can delete them too.

Sudane..........................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I am an EM, and could not delete it.

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

you need to return the marker to Sudane :)

I have to do it this way even on the parcel I own as deleting does not work

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I bet that's going to get old for Sudane as more buildings are set up with the markers! lol

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:45 pm

I bet that's going to get old for Sudane as more buildings are set up with the markers! lol

Well, its certainly not a problem. But that causes me to think... what are the alternatives? Maybe I will explore "temp-rez" or "die". I HAVE deposited a copy of 1415 Ulrikastrasse with Archie, but that only shifts the returns to a different account... would be nice to have the prims disappear completely when no longer needed. There IS a marvelous boundary marker that I use myself to get the borders in the first place, which creates sticks at each corner and a particle effect along the sides. But I certainly can't get that full perm.

Sudane............................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

So I totally lucked out. The LSL wiki, which if you are a bumbling scripter like me is the ONLY way one can get anywhere with scripts, actually has as an example script for the llDialog function (the thingie in SL scripts which causes a box of choices to pop up) a "Die" script! Wow... just what I needed! So I added the script (slightly revised) to the boundary markers in Lil's house and in the new Ulrikastrasse house. If you rez a marker, just touch it, and it will ask if you want to remove the marker. If you click "Yes", it will actually delete itself permanently... not get returned to me. And it works for everyone... I came in with one of my New England alts and it worked perfectly for him. Please check it out.

Sudane.................

*** Confirmed Grump ***

Return to “General Discussion”