Review of 24-01 commitee, meeting transcript 10 April 2018

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Review of 24-01 commitee, meeting transcript 10 April 2018

Post by Han Held »

[11:22] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, I am calling this meeting to order
[11:22] Dianne Mechanique: :))
[11:22] Bagheera Kristan: First, let me post the link to Coop's post. He couldn't make it but he had something he wanted to share
[11:22] Dianne Mechanique: sorry about that forum post, I haven't been back to look at it since I blurted it out, lol
[11:22] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[11:23] Bagheera Kristan: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... =15#p46953
[11:23] Bagheera Kristan: no worries
[11:23] Callipygian Christensen: Ha..my reading of you goes waaaaaay back before that :)
[11:23] Dianne Mechanique: ah, ok
[11:24] Bagheera Kristan: this is the committee to discuss revising the CDSL 24-01 law. The goal of this committee is to come up with a recommendation to bring before the RA
[11:24] Bagheera Kristan: Many of you were here for the first meeting and we've made good progress...
[11:24] Bagheera Kristan: At that meeting, I said I wanted to wait for Gaius input because he was very interested and part of the core RA committee membership
[11:25] Bagheera Kristan: He did write something on the forums after the last meeting which - at least as I interpreted it - said he didn't know what needed to be done but he agreed the law needed to be changed
[11:25] Bagheera Kristan: So, we've got Gaius input now
[11:25] Callipygian Christensen raises her hand
[11:25] Bagheera Kristan: I can go find that link, please wait a moment
[11:25] Bagheera Kristan: Yes Calli
[11:26] Callipygian Christensen: If I may, while you look, since I have a RL meeting to get to
[11:26] Bagheera Kristan: yes, please go ahead
[11:27] Callipygian Christensen: Asan SC member I try to avoid direct input to writing of laws now ( since some see that as potential conflict of interest) so my commentsare braod scale and similar to Coops
[11:27] Callipygian Christensen: We should have a process for decidding when and if to part with a regon, because history has shown us that such issues become the flash points for factions to duke it out in the ugliest of fashions at times.
[11:27] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): (my viewer just locked up...it auto-saves localchat, but if I disappear please wait for me to come back -I might take 60 to 90 seconds, depending on how well behaved this server is)
[11:28] Callipygian Christensen: All too often when it comes to looking at an existing law there is an overreaction to 'overfix' it..
[11:28] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): (hopefully i won't crash tho..it unlocked :))
[11:28] Bagheera Kristan: (understood...please proceed at your own pace)
[11:29] Callipygian Christensen: most laws were crafte for a reason, so if there are concerns over a *part* go in and fix the part - not do a baby with bathwater thing.
[11:29] Callipygian Christensen: That's it :)
[11:29] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises her hand
[11:29] Dianne Mechanique: all good points imo
[11:29] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Calli. Go ahead Han.
[11:30] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I'm not sure if Calli read Coop's post on the forum or not yet. He echoed concerns that I had and which I think I raised last meeting. If she has to leave early I'm hoping she can read and respond to what he wrote
[11:30] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Done.
[11:31] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han. While we wait for the next comment, let me post the link to Gaius remark: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... ius#p46777
[11:31] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[11:31] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, I remember, Gaius critizised the criteria for the law kicking in as incomplte
[11:32] Bagheera Kristan: yes Rosie?
[11:32] Rosie Gray: it seems to me that most people are in agreement about keeping the law, but just refining it
[11:32] Rosie Gray: I think it's a good idea to have a plan
[11:33] Rosie Gray: I don't think that the responsibility of decision to sell a region should be the Chancellor's alone
[11:33] Rosie Gray: that's the main part I disagree with
[11:33] Rosie Gray: although I also am not sure about the 'calculations' either
[11:34] Rosie Gray: since one thing I do agree with Ranma about, is that I think we need to keep in mind the entire estate's health as a part of the decision making process
[11:34] Rosie Gray: done
[11:34] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Rosie.
[11:34] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises her hand
[11:34] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead Han
[11:35] Callipygian Christensen raises her hand again
[11:36] Bagheera Kristan: Han, the floor is yours...
[11:36] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): The concern seems to be that the law unilaterally gives power to the chancellor, but I don't think it does ...at least not as I read it. As it's written now, the RA can object and cancel a land sale if it needs to. I also that it's important to bear in mind the impact a low-performing region can have on the financial health and reserves of the CDS.
[11:36] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): done
[11:36] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Sorry; had a lot to type :)
[11:36] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Done.
[11:36] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Han, no worries. Go ahead Calli
[11:38] Callipygian Christensen: thanks - my problem with the law was stated before it passed and ignored - Ithink you had brought it up Bagheera - the whole 'put it up for sale tell people they have to leave but give them time to get people to move in' is just silly
[11:38] Callipygian Christensen: I'd be furious if I convinced half a dozen people to move in and that was counteracted by 6 moving out 'since its going to be sold'
[11:38] Callipygian Christensen: So I think its reorder things and reword a bit.
[11:39] Callipygian Christensen: Poor occupance
[11:39] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises her hand
[11:39] Callipygian Christensen: chancellor proposes sale to RA with supporting info
[11:39] Callipygian Christensen: RA has 14 days to poll people and porvide alternate plan if wanted i'e' 30 days to increase occupancy..
[11:40] Callipygian Christensen: clock is always ticking and if occupance isnt up by 'times up' then chncellor proceeds with pricing etc
[11:40] Callipygian Christensen: this gives RA, and therefore 'the people' input and opportunity to act befoe final decision is made
[11:40] Callipygian Christensen: and the Chancellor isnt wasting time on a catch 22 sale carousel
[11:41] Callipygian Christensen: ok..done and gotta go :)
[11:41] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Calli :) have a great day
[11:41] Bagheera Kristan: glad you came
[11:41] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) waves "Take care, good seeing you, Calli"
[11:41] Rosie Gray: thanks Calli
[11:41] Dianne Mechanique: bye Cali :-)
[11:41] Bagheera Kristan: Calli, I think you had your hand up next? If yes, please go ahead
[11:41] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): bye Calli
[11:41] Tanoujin Milestone: bye for now calli
[11:41] Bagheera Kristan: sorry Han
[11:41] Bagheera Kristan: I meant Han
[11:41] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): :) No worries, please give me a min to type it all out....
[11:42] Bagheera Kristan: of course
[11:43] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I want to address two points
[11:43] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): First point
[11:43] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I am not sure if that is the intent of the law ...to have people move in. I am a bit hazy though but I had thought that the intent of giving that amount of time was to give folks adequate time to prepare to move **out** in an orderly way
[11:44] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): If I'm wrong, and it is to get people in...I agree with Calli; that is silly.
[11:44] Tanoujin Milestone: it was surely the intent of the law, there is a second review built in for that purpose
[11:44] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Second point, to me a certain part of this feels like "changing for the sake of change" ...I don't know. I can see some things need to be adjusted like the circumstances that make this law kick in
[11:45] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): So I'd like to see it adjusted, but not radically overhauled; I don't think it needs to be
[11:45] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): done.
[11:45] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han. I have a comment if no one else wants to go next
[11:45] Bagheera Kristan: counts down from 5
[11:45] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) sits on her hands :)
[11:45] Bagheera Kristan: 4
[11:45] Bagheera Kristan: 3
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: 2
[11:46] Dianne Mechanique: lol
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: 1
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: okay
[11:46] Rosie Gray: hehe
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: sorry, I just want to be fair to slow typists, lol
[11:46] Dianne Mechanique: we need a talking stick
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: okay, so here are my thoughts, some I have stated before
[11:46] Dianne Mechanique: sry
[11:47] Bagheera Kristan: 1. The burden on the Chancellor. In my hard-learned experience as Chancellor, I personally feel some of our laws - such as this one - put the Chancellor in a difficult position. when the laws calls for the Chancellor to enforce something and it is an unpopular thing
[11:48] Bagheera Kristan: the Chancellor as a person gets caught between a rock and a hard place - a shoot the messenger situation
[11:49] Bagheera Kristan: I don't think it is good for the community for the Chancellor to carry the burden alone on some of these large decisions because it can come at great personal cost the sitting Chancellor's relationships in the community.
[11:49] Rosie Gray: I agree
[11:49] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) doubles down on her hands
[11:49] Dianne Mechanique: :)
[11:50] Bagheera Kristan: 2. Because we haven't actually had to deal with this (yay!)....
[11:50] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): \o/
[11:50] Bagheera Kristan: I think we need to build in flexibility to the percentages and decision making process - because we might say THIS is what we are going to do and when faced with the reality, THIS (the decision) becomes a liability instead of a solution
[11:51] Bagheera Kristan: 3. I do believe it is good to have some framework - and to include the financial health of the sims as a whole in that equation
[11:52] Bagheera Kristan: so, my proposal of the sims as a whole being - let's say 15% in the red for 3 months - and a particular sim being 30% in the red - is where I would start
[11:52] Bagheera Kristan: and then
[11:52] Bagheera Kristan: 4. Have the Chancellor bring it before the RA - or anyone who notices - and the RA as a body take it under review
[11:53] Bagheera Kristan: instead of a short time frame such as 14 days and 30 days - though, I'd double it
[11:53] Bagheera Kristan: because at the point it is noticed, we are just starting to slip, so urgency would not be the order of teh day
[11:53] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[11:53] Tanoujin Milestone: me raises hand
[11:54] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead Tan
[11:54] Tanoujin Milestone: I aagree with most of what you said, Bags
[11:54] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): (afk a min...if I crash, please cut and paste what's said to me in IM when I return)
[11:54] Tanoujin Milestone: but I still have a proble with the criteria
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: it is a difference whether we have 3 k reserves and be say 30% in the red
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: or if we are broke
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: so -
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: we need to be flexible here
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: if we give the chancellor the role to alert the community and kick the process of
[11:56] Tanoujin Milestone: can't we give them the power to decide without a numeric framework?
[11:56] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[11:56] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tan. If no one else has anything to say, i will reply....
[11:56] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): back
[11:56] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): and I do
[11:56] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): several things lol.
[11:56] Bagheera Kristan: okay, Han, please go ahead
[11:57] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): First, I might have the legal expertise of a bag of wet cement ...but it seems like people keep bringing up concerns which are actually address in the law
[11:58] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): For instance ... it's my understanding (bearing in mind my wet cemtent-ness here) that if this law kicks in, it's **optional** for the chancellor to put the region for sale
[11:58] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I remember discussions at the time of making sure that they had the option of ignoring it if they had a plan or thought that things would change
[11:58] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[11:58] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Secondly...about it being the chancellor's burden alone. The chancellor has options, for instance they could call for a series of meetings to discuss the situation with the community.
[11:59] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): It's my hope that is exactly what they'd do, personally; so they wouldn't share the burden entirely themselves
[11:59] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I forget what my third point was :(
[11:59] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): done.
[11:59] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han. Go ahead Rosie
[11:59] Rosie Gray: thanks
[12:00] Rosie Gray: so... perhaps it is our various interpretations of the clause that is causing concerns
[12:00] Rosie Gray: let's look at it
[12:00] Rosie Gray: 1. If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months, the Chancellor is empowered to take steps to sell the region, if he /she deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS.
The Chancellor will determine the sale price of the region based on the average market sale price for regions of that type at that time.
[12:00] Rosie Gray: Han has pointed out that 'the Chancellor is empowered'
[12:00] Rosie Gray: which doesn't necessarily mean they need to act... I guess
[12:00] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): That's the intent
[12:00] Rosie Gray: is that how everyone else reads that?
[12:01] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes, i think so
[12:01] Dianne Mechanique: empowered means "can" not "do"
[12:01] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): In fact, I think I suggested that wording with that in mind...tho I might be giving myself too much credit
[12:01] Dianne Mechanique: afaik
[12:01] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Exactly that, Dianne; allowed, not obligated
[12:01] Rosie Gray: what if we added the RA to that clause?
[12:01] Bagheera Kristan: okay, lol
[12:02] Bagheera Kristan: who would like to speak next, if no one, I will :)
[12:02] Rosie Gray: so that it said "the Chancellor or the RA is empowered..."
[12:02] Rosie Gray: well sorry I wasn't finished ㋡
[12:02] Bagheera Kristan: ah sorry Rosie
[12:02] Rosie Gray: perhaps the wording in the next two points are what make it seem as though the Chancellor has to act alone
[12:02] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises her hand
[12:03] Rosie Gray: 2. The Chancellor must give 30 days notice to all CDS citizens of the intention to sell a region both on the CDS forum and in an in-world CDS group notice.

3. The Chancellor must give 30 days notice of the sale to all citizens of the region via notecard. In the case of group owned land, the Chancellor will provide notice via notecard to the group owner.
[12:03] Rosie Gray: The Chancellor must
[12:03] Rosie Gray: not sure
[12:03] Rosie Gray: anyway, just wanted to make those points
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: me raises hand
[12:03] Rosie Gray: I do think that IF the decision is made by the RA and the Chancellor to act
[12:04] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I'll defer to Tan, but I have things to say too....
[12:04] Rosie Gray: that it needs to be up to the Chancellor to manage it
[12:04] Rosie Gray: done
[12:04] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): (sorry, Rosie)
[12:04] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Rosie
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: I think you are on a good way here, Rosie
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: but still, let me quote Gaius
[12:04] Bagheera Kristan: I have things to say too, lol, so let's do this - Tan, then Han, then me
[12:04] Bagheera Kristan: TAn, please go ahead
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: "Bagheera's plan seems to suggest to me that the sim which earns 75% for three months is (more or less) an outlier and is bringing the rest of the estate down--though that is just what it implies to me, it could also be that the sims are consistently earning 90% and this one has 75%. But, what do we do if all of our sims are earning 90% and we simply can't discern which one is the "problem" sim? In other words, what do we do when there really is no "lowest common denominator"?"
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: that is still unadressed
[12:05] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:05] Rosie Gray: interesting point, kTan
[12:05] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tan. Han just IM'd to give me the floor so I'll go next
[12:05] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Good point Tan
[12:06] Bagheera Kristan: please give me a moment, lol, I have several responses
[12:06] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): (i'll afk while you type...brb)
[12:07] Bagheera Kristan: First, to the Chancellor's "option" - that actually makes things worse in relation to what I was talking about - if the Chancellor has the "option" to make the decision and it is an unpopular one (and it will be) the stones and pitchforks will come out - I can practically guarantee it
[12:08] Bagheera Kristan: I like Rosie saying the Chancellor OR the RA - except the RA sometimes is less involved (or even mostly absent for periods of time) - so it comes back to the Chancellor
[12:09] Bagheera Kristan: I do like the Chancellor to have executive powers, by the way, I never cared for the idea that the Chancellor was just the RA's errand-runner, as some suggested a while back
[12:09] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe
[12:10] Bagheera Kristan: but in a decision of this magnitude, I think the burden absolutely has to be shared
[12:10] Bagheera Kristan: okay, let me get to the next point, just a sec....
[12:10] Dianne Mechanique: that was the original purpose of the chancellor, to have knarly powers
[12:11] Bagheera Kristan: Second, Tan's remarks about percentages and one sim versus many versus all of them performing low all at once
[12:12] Bagheera Kristan: And Dianne, I see your point, but in my experience and the experience of other Chancellor's recently - the knarly powers come with a heavy backlash to relationships within the community - and it just isn't worth it.
[12:12] Bagheera Kristan: okay, so back to Tan's remark....
[12:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): (thinks having a cds to have a backlash in versus not having it would be worth it... ;))
[12:13] Bagheera Kristan: What I think - especially since we haven't faced any of this - is that the percentages are ADVISORY and perhaps there shouldn't be a cast in concrete game plan but just "guidelines" ...
[12:13] Rosie Gray: here here
[12:13] Rosie Gray: (or is that hear hear?)
[12:14] Bagheera Kristan: The purpose of the Act cuts both ways. I think part of why it came into being was because people were calling out "the sky is falling" when it actually wasn't - the guidelines give us a measure for when we actually need to raise that cry and if we aren't there yet, we don't have to make a lot of drama and fuss about what isn't actually a crisis happening.
[12:15] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[12:15] Bagheera Kristan: for Han's remark about backlash - I removed myself from CDS because of the backlash against me 2x - people asked me to come back the first time, the 2nd time, I decided it was worth it on my own but I had to debate with myself for several months the second time - s
[12:16] Bagheera Kristan: okay, done. Go ahead Rosie
[12:16] Rosie Gray: sorry phone
[12:16] Rosie Gray: two minutes
[12:16] Bagheera Kristan: lol
[12:16] Bagheera Kristan: Han, you're next, I think
[12:16] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Thanks
[12:16] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I've been typing in a notecard, lol...so one sec
[12:17] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): First, to address Rosie's point ...I disagree strongly with adding the RA to the mix
[12:17] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I think that would make the process too cumbersome and would end up costing time that might make the difference between sustainability and closure. If things are that dire, personally I'd rather not get caught up in a single ounce more of process than we need to be.
[12:17] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): As to Bag's points?
[12:17] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): The intent of this law is not to restrict options -to mandate a forced action, but to give the chancellor an option if a specific set of circumstances arose.
[12:18] Rosie Gray: sorry, back (waits)
[12:18] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): The law ..by choosing to say "is empowered' ALSO gives the chancellor the option to ignore the finances if they think the region will bounce back, or if they have a plan to deal with it
[12:18] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): ..lastly, If the chancellor is just being dramatic, or alarmist, the RA's job is to act as a check on that, and to veto the sale.
[12:18] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): rry have beckons bye all
[12:18] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): And the law as it reads now, allows that
[12:18] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Done :)
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Mizou
[12:19] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): TC, Mizou, was awesome to see you again :)
[12:19] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han. Bye Mizou.
[12:19] Dianne Mechanique: bye Mizouu
[12:19] Bagheera Kristan: Rosie, you are next :)
[12:19] Rosie Gray: thanks
[12:19] Rosie Gray: I see your point Han
[12:19] Rosie Gray: but I still think that it's important to have a joint decision, by the Chancellor and the RA
[12:19] Rosie Gray: one other reason I can think of, besides what has already been said
[12:20] Rosie Gray: is that we may have a 'rogue' Chancellor (we all remember one of those)
[12:20] Rosie Gray: who might not be acting in the best interests of the community
[12:21] Rosie Gray: so, I want it to be clear that it's not just the Chancellor that can make the decision, but it MUST be a decision made by the RA and the Chancellor
[12:21] Rosie Gray: the Chancellor has to carry it out, if that's the decision
[12:21] Rosie Gray: but it is not the Chancellor alones decision to make
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: me raises hand
[12:21] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) hands
[12:21] Rosie Gray: done
[12:21] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises her hand
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Rosie. Tan, you are next
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: I would like to see the final decision in the hands of the RA alone
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: because it is not good to mix up the branches
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:23] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tan. Han, you are next
[12:24] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Thanks....first, I want to say that in the event of a rogue Chancellor it's the same as if the Chancellor was just being dramatic
[12:24] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): The RA is empowered **as it is** to act as a check on them, and to cancel the sale
[12:24] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): That also addresses' Tan's point; the final decision rests with the RA...if they decide not to veto, the Chancellor can go ahead
[12:24] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): if they decide to veto, the whole thing's called off
[12:24] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): done
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you, Han.
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone rubs his nose
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: lol, is that a request to talk, Tan? or are you rp'ing?
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: just kidding, go on
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: *tugs Tan's ear*
[12:26] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): oh, let's not get started with tthe RP...I showed the merest glimpse of my unholy icklespeak powers on the forum! ;-)
[12:26] Bagheera Kristan: okay, so, here is what I am thinking
[12:26] Bagheera Kristan: instead of taking a vote and presenting a single option to the RA for review - there seem to be 2 or 3 clear choices
[12:27] Bagheera Kristan: My thought is to distill them down and write them on the forums - people can weigh in on the accuracy of the one they support, so i get it right
[12:27] Bagheera Kristan: and then I can bring it before the RA for their selection
[12:27] Bagheera Kristan: Does that sound like a good way to go? or do I need to follow a different protocol
[12:28] Rosie Gray: sounds reasonable to me
[12:28] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): That sounds good to me, though I might have a suggestion that I'd add to your list when you post
[12:28] Bagheera Kristan: is there anyone who disagrees with that couse of action?
[12:28] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I'll wait to see your list; you might include my idea on your own :)
[12:28] Bagheera Kristan: or does anyone feel we need more meetings?
[12:28] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I agree with it.
[12:28] Dianne Mechanique: I'm sure there will be lots of other ideas in the dicussion about it :)
[12:29] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, well this is going before the RA at the next meeting on the 21st of this month
[12:29] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:29] Bagheera Kristan: if there is something you feel you haven't addressed, now is the time :)
[12:29] Rosie Gray: the last meeting of the term, I think?
[12:29] Dianne Mechanique: Dianne puts her hand up
[12:29] Bagheera Kristan: yes, Dianne?
[12:30] Dianne Mechanique: well ...I'm just an observer here and not even a member of the committee but I have some comments based on my background I'd like to share if that's okay with everyone.
[12:30] Bagheera Kristan: please do
[12:30] Rosie Gray: or course Dianne
[12:30] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Please do :)
[12:30] Dianne Mechanique: okay I typed them out so it will bequick
[12:30] Dianne Mechanique: 1) What Cali said about the furor that happens at these moments is totally true. When sims are joined, or leave (are sold) that's when people get their back up and the drama gets dialed up to 11.
[12:31] Dianne Mechanique: 2) I think I remember this law being passed, or at least the discussion surrounding it, and the long period of time that Coop is talking about in the forum post referenced was as I remember it, 100% because of the fear of the Chancellor behaving "dictatorially" which is always the great fear it seems. So reducing that time frame or changing that formula seems like a reasonable idea to me.
[12:31] Dianne Mechanique: 3) The more I read that line about "empowering" the chancellor, the more I think the person that wrote it was using what we have decided here today is the *incorrect* meaning of it. Nothing is explicitly said afterwards about empowering the RA for example. I think the wording of who has authority and when needs a clean up.
[12:31] Dianne Mechanique: done :)
[12:31] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Dianne
[12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: good points, thank you!
[12:32] Bagheera Kristan: Does anyone else have any closing comments?
[12:32] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Yes, I do
[12:32] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead, Han.
[12:33] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): First off, if that wording is unclear I think it should be changed until it is clear and means what it was intended to me (to give the chancellor a new set of options, not a forced course of action)
[12:33] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): One thing I'd like to propose would be to address some of these concerns maybe we could change the law so that if the chancellor decides
[12:33] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): to take this course, they are obligated to request the RA to hold an emergency meeting
[12:34] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): within a set amount of time
[12:34] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): and at that meeting, the RA will decide if it will veto or not
[12:34] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): so that they ultimately make the decsion, and the blame gets spread around :)
[12:34] Dianne Mechanique: :)
[12:34] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Done
[12:34] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you, Han
[12:34] Bagheera Kristan: Anyone else?
[12:34] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[12:34] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead Tan
[12:35] Tanoujin Milestone: I just want to state my focus is on the criteria right now - and I think we should better have no criteria at all but some fuzzy examples. Done
[12:35] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tan
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: Anyone else?
[12:36] Rosie Gray: not I!
[12:36] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:36] Dianne Mechanique: :)
[12:36] Dianne Mechanique: nope
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: Would someone like to motion to adjourn this meeting?
[12:36] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): yeah, better a fuzzy criteria than none at all, imo. I don't object to tighting them up, tho
[12:36] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I so motion
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: is there a second?
[12:36] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: vote please
[12:36] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:36] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:36] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): aye
[12:37] Bagheera Kristan: Dianne must be afk, well teh ayes have it
[12:37] Bagheera Kristan: I call this meeting adjourned. Thank you everyone

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"

Return to “General Discussion”