Soliciting Your Input For A Proposed Survey

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Aedan Charron
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Soliciting Your Input For A Proposed Survey

Post by Aedan Charron »

The members of the Land Use Commission are interested in getting feedback that will guide them in their service to the residents and citizens of CDS, making this a more appealing place to live and to attract others. To this end, we will soon conduct a survey to learn more about your interests and concerns. The proposed survey questions are listed below but we are interested in knowing if there are other questions we should be asking.

Please read the questions below then feel free to comment and submit additional questions that you would like to see on the actual survey. This is NOT the survey so please don't answer these...yet :)

Thank you for your time and interest.

===============

DRAFT Questions for a semi-annual survey of citizens and friends of CDS.
(1=Not Important>>> 5=Very Important)

1. How do you rank the importance of price in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5)

2. How do you rank the importance of location in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5)

3. How do you rank the importance of parcel size in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5)

4. How do you rank the importance of number of prims in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5)

5. What do you like about the design of a region in which you now or previously occupied a parcel?

6. What do you dislike about the design of a region in which you now or previously occupied a parcel?

7. What region features encourage you to occupy a parcel?

8. What region features discourage your occupancy of a parcel?

9. Citizenship (choose one)

• a. Current
    b. Previous but not current
    c. Never a citizen

10. Holdings (choose one)

• a. Single parcel (Which region?)
    b. Single + prim parcel (Which region?)
    c. Multiple parcels = <number>(Which regions?)

Brooke Brandenburg
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Re: Soliciting Your Input For A Proposed Survey

Post by Brooke Brandenburg »

DRAFT Questions for a semi-annual survey of citizens and friends of CDS.
(1=Not Important>>> 5=Very Important)

1. How do you rank the importance of price in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5) 5

2. How do you rank the importance of location in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5) 5

3. How do you rank the importance of parcel size in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5) 5

4. How do you rank the importance of number of prims in your decision to occupy a parcel? (1-5) 5

5. What do you like about the design of a region in which you now or previously occupied a parcel? Views...always the view!!! Not only the long-distance view of the sea or mountains, but the house next door or landscaping in a neighbor's yard. The attention paid to details that make a build pleasing to the eye and therefore the soul.

6. What do you dislike about the design of a region in which you now or previously occupied a parcel? With great respect for the design choices/builds of others, I see a need for change. Homes and buildings that perhaps reflect newer design methods and therefore have more realism, for instance. I see 'good' changes that must be recent in the roadways and landscaping. There are some amazing designers out there whose creations could make our world a drop-dead gorgeous place to be! And won't that attract incomers? Yes, I very much think so.

7. What region features encourage you to occupy a parcel? Usability of the parcel itself (terraforming that allows for a build without an excessively deep deck or stilts). View-shed. Enough space between parcels, especially small ones, to allow for a barrier of shrubs or trees, if desired. Could be as simple as a narrow strip of common land with a tree or two or some shrubs. Prefer not to look right into my neighbor's home, so let's say enough privacy. Realistic landscaping. No alpha trees or full-bright flowers/shrubs, etc.

8. What region features discourage your occupancy of a parcel? Usability of the land, i.e., Is it too steep, too narrow or does it have other geographic features that make situating a home too difficult on that parcel? Challenging terrain can make for an interesting build, but there are limits. Impossible terrain should probably become common land. Also, again, the view-shed! Is my view a large high wall or the back of another building sited on a higher or lower level? Not good. Full-bright anything except maybe a lamp should never be seen. :) Sim edges need to be smoothed or disguised.

9. Citizenship (choose one)
a. Current - current citizen
b. Previous but not current
c. Never a citizen

10. Holdings (choose one)
a. Single parcel (Which region?)
b. Single + prim parcel (Which region?)
c. Multiple parcels = <number>(Which regions?) - For a short time, multiple: LA + Monastery, but in the process of downgrading to one parcel on AM.

Aedan Charron
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Aedan Charron »

Comments noted, Brooke! But this isn't the survey. It's coming. We want to know if we're asking the right questions. On the bright side, your responses are a good indication of the answers we might receive so the questions need to be posed correctly with adequate space permitted for valuable responses. :)

Widget Whiteberry
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Widget Whiteberry »

Even though it's not the focus of the LUC we might ask how important social factors are to a decision to leave or stay. Twq related questions related to interest and pride in creative achievement might be 'how important is it to you to see other people's builds?' and 'How important is it that other people see yours?' All 1-5.

edited because my brain kept working

Return to “General Discussion”