A Letter to the Leaders in CDS

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

A Letter to the Leaders in CDS

Post by Bromo Ivory »

I would also mention that a firm hand by the leadership in the government as well as leaders in the community to keep any opposition and disagreement out of the realm of personal attacks - at least by personal example, and perhaps having words with their allies and friends would have been most appreciated. Unfortunately, it did not happen, and the personal attacks to my character, integrity as well as simply nasty attacks started almost immediately, and continue to this moment. Also extrapolating my actions as somehow undermining the RA's work on a new sim as well (given the commission is moving forward undeterred, I think this was simply another avenue for attempted character assassination - and during the commission meeting, the RA members stood passively as attacks heaped upon me impugning my integrity, and character for using NL8-4 as intended).

Cadence has told me privately she herself opposes the law, but does not oppose me or adding a sim (obviously through other avenues than NL8-4). I think this was a good start, and I can live with and understand opposition, even if I disagree. But where I think a line has been crossed is the sheer relentless nastiness of the attacks and the sheer slime, and trying to impune my character after essentially following the law. I will have to think about my association with CDS after this very carefully - while the reputation for drama is well earned, this particular turn of events to me shows a failure in leadership in either fuelling the personal attacks or standing by while others do this. As a private citizen, I have found this completely unacceptable and realize this is a dangerous precedent for average citizens in CDS who may find themselves targeted at some point for doing what they know to be lawful.

And what happens to me, can happen to any regular citizen who behaves in a lawful manner when some may not like the particular law - and that sort of active or passive character assassination actually undermined CDS for everyone. Lord help us if there was actual real dissent, what would happen to the dissenters?

I thought that CDS was better than it is proving in this regard. I was mistaken, but I do call on the leadership to set by example, and demonstrate that principled opposition is not slanderous attacks on people who are following the law, nor is it attempted character assassination, but thoughtful disagreement, and trying to forge a path forward.

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Return to “General Discussion”